Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

and the Greeks are 'one of the good ones'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Endman posted:

Who's got the October OP? It's the 1st tomorrow.
Anidav. He needs the work

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

i got banned posted:

Ah yes but I tell them it's Muslims but the fine print says "Liberal voters". Owned by their own racism.

Dunno how accurate the article is, it is full of hyperbole and poo poo

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/muslim-woman-bashed-thrown-from-a-moving-train-in-/b5d09d8d-f677-4f33-be3f-168ff6b86d17.htm

This is a bad article with bad comments, also the site is bad.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
Kerrin Binnie ‏@kerrinbinnie 4m4 minutes ago
The Senate has voted to set up an inquiry into the Newman Government. Govt Senators not happy. Y 30 N 27 #auspol

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

You Am I posted:

Anidav. He needs the work

Too late. I have claimed it as my own. Sorry Anidav you are doomed to unemployment forever.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Ler posted:

The Senate has voted to set up an inquiry into the Newman Government. Govt Senators not happy. Y 30 N 27 #auspol

:getin:

had a quick look and there wasn't anything else on this, but I wonder if it is going to be a statewide investigation of politicians, or just specifically the Newman government like it says?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Ler posted:

"Our inquiry has concluded that Newman is actually pretty alright, carry on QLD"

Is this going to be some toothless inquiry with a ridiculously narrow scope, assuming an inquiry actually gets set up at all? Does this senate vote thing actually mean anything or is it just going to die in the arse like every other positive politics related thing in this country

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
This Guardian link: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/sep/30/abbott-cabinet-meets-ahead-of-iraq-deployment-politics-live

Has all the relevant updates. Apparently the Libs are "furious" :D

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Gorilla Salad posted:

If Labor had any balls, they'd be putting up billboards all across the country telling people "Terrorism isn't a threat to the Australian way of life - the Liberal party is."

So they can swiftly lose the next election and we can enjoy another decade of Liberal rule?

Are you guys so removed from the reality of politics that you honestly think this poo poo would be a great idea and fly well with the greater electorate? Or is it because you see an extra senate seat or two for the Greens if they do it?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Ler posted:

PUP have been pushing for this for a while, it's basically Clive wanting to get back to the Newman govt for being mean to him. As always with Clive, when he's doing the right thing it's for the wrong reasons.

I'm hoping it comes out that Newman and co are corrupt as poo poo, but we knew that already and it probably won't change much.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

CrazyTolradi posted:

PUP have been pushing for this for a while, it's basically Clive wanting to get back to the Newman govt for being mean to him. As always with Clive, when he's doing the right thing it's for the wrong reasons.

I'm hoping it comes out that Newman and co are corrupt as poo poo, but we knew that already and it probably won't change much.

But he will OFFICIALLY be corrupt. Noted Corrupt Pile of poo poo Campbell Newman.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:siren: NEW THREAD :siren:

Up early because gently caress remembering to do it tomorrow:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668701

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah, remember the sole reason PUP exists is because Palmer was (from his prospective) shafted by the Newman government.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/opinion/strewth/because-he-cares/story-e6frgdk6-1227070755740

quote:

THE day’s greatest moment of optimism occurred in the lower house when Speaker Bronwyn Bishop — experiencing a rare head-overruled-by-heart moment — declared to the inmates, “This is question time, not rabble time.” Her dream was stymied by, of all people, Education Minister Christopher Pyne, who went out of his way to encourage more decibels from Labor when he sternly lectured an interjecting Graham Perrett: “My comments get on the telly, yours don’t. You can’t be heard so you’re just wasting a lot of time.”

Control the media, control the debate. Say whatever you want, you can silence the opposition, then taunt them about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

It's October already god damnit.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668701

• Locked thread