Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"Tinkler pisses in own mouth" definitely works, just gotta work in something about getting fellated by a dog.

a Tinkler who piss in he own mouth

edit: well this is an awkward snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Just gonna repeat this quote from the Vanstone article because it's so mind-bogglingly moronic.

Amanda Vanstone posted:

The trouble is the investigating team can't act as judge or jury and declare guilt or lack thereof. All they can do is say that there is insufficient evidence to procure a prosecution. It is a messy and regrettable flaw in our system.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
In today's episode of My Racist Workplace, we bonded over our mutual dislike of SHY. They then went on to say they hated how bleedyheart she gets over "reffos" and advocated "sinking the boats". Because the reffos don't get jobs, you see! They just claim welfare money and breed!

:suicide:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Oh look it's Vanstone being a loving idiot. Nice.

Seriously though I'm sure the police being able to declare guilt would be fine.

For white people.

Who don't ride motorcycles.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Pred1ct posted:

Just gonna repeat this quote from the Vanstone article because it's so mind-bogglingly moronic.

I think (hope) she's badly worded it and the flaw is that a person isn't declared "innocent"

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

froglet posted:

In today's episode of My Racist Workplace, we bonded over our mutual dislike of SHY. They then went on to say they hated how bleedyheart she gets over "reffos" and advocated "sinking the boats". Because the reffos don't get jobs, you see! They just claim welfare money and breed!

Never quit.

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
froglet are you anidav's long-lost twin

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

froglet posted:

Please tell me where you work and when you next plan to have a sickie

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I will poo poo in the kettle

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Reading this thread has made me realise I don't have any serious dramas in my life. Keep it up everybody!

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Keep it up everybody!

the cleaning girl at my work earns three dollars per day and has tuberculosis

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Lid posted:

Unlike Gillard Robbo has no redeeming features. Or any other features as such. A composite sketch of John Robertson given his media appearances.

Bill Shorten?!

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Tony Jowns posted:

Bill Shorten?!

Robbo is, if anything, an even less noteworthy person than Bill Shorten.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

SMH posted:

Bob Day calls for removal of minimum wage for young in maiden speech

Crossbench senator Bob Day has used his maiden speech to demand sweeping changes to Australia's workplace relations laws, including the abolition of minimum wage limits for young workers.

In comments that will encourage business groups and Coalition backbenchers agitating for industrial relations reform, the Family First MP has told the Senate that the minimum wage is an "absurd" barrier to employment.

It comes a day after Workplace Relations Minister Eric Abetz claimed the government had "neutralised" Labor and the unions' political attacks over workplace relations laws because voters no longer believed the Coalition would reinstitute Work Choices.

Senator Day has been a vocal critic of Australia's workplace laws, which he views as outdated and cumbersome for job seekers who want to negotiate their own terms.

He said it was time Australians were given the freedom to opt out of the Fair Work system and choose if they wanted to work for less than the minimum wage or give up their conditions.

Senator Day said it was "despicable" that Australians could volunteer for free but were breaking the law if they worked for less than the minimum wage and that removing these "barriers" was critical at a time when there was a youth unemployment "emergency".

He added that such an approach, when Treasurer Joe Hockey is looking for savings to boost the budget bottom line, could be a "silver bullet" to get people off welfare and into work.

"Now there's outrage when I say these things. I hear people say: "They might be exploited," Senator Day said.

"Where's the outrage when these same young people end up on drugs or get involved in crime or suffer poor health or become pregnant or become recruits for bikie gangs or even commit suicide?

"No, there's only outrage when they want to take a job that suits them but doesn't suit the government."

Senator Day said he was not advocating a return to WorkChoices, to which he remains vehemently opposed.

He said he simply did not believe that all of the rules and regulations in the 3000 page Fair Work Act should be compulsory.

He said politicians treated workplace relations like a game, with employers on one team and workers on the other.

"I have no problem whatsoever if people want to work within the regulated system with its awards, minimum wages, unfair dismissals, joining unions and so on," he said.

"Just don't make it compulsory."

Palmer United Party senator Jacqui Lambie also delivered her maiden speech in the Senate on Wednesday evening.

Senator Lambie used her speech to reiterate her calls for a royal commission into the Australian Defence Force and the Department of Veterans Affairs, which she described as "dysfunctional and dangerous".

"A culture of cover up, lies and official misconduct can be found in both the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Australian Defence Force," she said.

She said a royal commission was necessary to investigate matters including the "obscenely high suicide rate in our young veterans" and "the cover up of appallingly high levels of abuse and sexual assaults in our military".

Senator Lambie also questioned why more had not been done to address transport costs across the Bass Strait to Tasmania, which she blamed, in part, for economic and social disadvantage and high levels of unemployment in her state.

"If the powers that control the Treasury benches in this place don't want an army of Jacqui Lambies in this place speaking uncomfortable truths and challenging them in the future – then fix the Bass Strait Transport Cost crisis," she said.

:stare:
Someday these fuckers will get both houses.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Kommando posted:

Who were the northsideish Brisbane goons who were interested in P&P RPGs I met at the Goonmeet?

Sing out or pm me. I have a spot open.

I didn't go to the Goonmeet, but there's three of us and where is your game?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I would absolutely play, provided the meeting location is accessible and central. eg. The game room in Ace Comics in the CBD.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

froglet posted:

You're a big idiot if you ever thought it would be a good idea to share your dislike of SHY with them. hth

Calico Noose
Jun 26, 2010

quote:

"I have no problem whatsoever if people want to work within the regulated system with its awards, minimum wages, unfair dismissals, joining unions and so on," he said.

"Just don't make it compulsory."

Imagine not only being stupid enough to say that but to loving believe it... and then convincing enough people to vote for you that you now get to make important decisions.

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

You're a big idiot if you ever thought it would be a good idea to share your dislike of SHY with them. hth

When asked "what do you think of SHY" in an office surrounded by extreme right wingers its probably not advisable to say you like her or agree with her in any meaningful way. As amusing as the idea of pissing my coworkers off seems, I still have to work with them. :smith:

I'm going to try and stick it out for 6 months.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Troy Buswell quit rip in peaces

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jumpingmanjim posted:

So many chairs will go unsniffed.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
As scummy as he is, I can't in good conscience mock someone who has withdrawn from their employment due to mental illness.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

froglet posted:

When asked "what do you think of SHY" in an office surrounded by extreme right wingers its probably not advisable to say you like her or agree with her in any meaningful way. As amusing as the idea of pissing my coworkers off seems, I still have to work with them. :smith:

Do you work in her office?

Kim Jong ill posted:

As scummy as he is, I can't in good conscience mock someone who has withdrawn from their employment due to mental illness a drinking problem.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Why do people dislike SHY? Every time it comes up, people accuse each other of being sexist and we don't get any actual concrete reasons that she's bad.
Personally I find her tone a little grating on facebook, but honestly I prefer it to Scott Ludlam's high and mighty tone anyway, and we all love him.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

froglet posted:

Going by this you should start each day with a heil hitler to ingratiate yourself to your colleagues.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Splode posted:

Why do people dislike SHY? Every time it comes up, people accuse each other of being sexist and we don't get any actual concrete reasons that she's bad.
Personally I find her tone a little grating on facebook, but honestly I prefer it to Scott Ludlam's high and mighty tone anyway, and we all love him.

Does your brain literally just go missing every time someone asks this question and it gets explained that she is a career politician who still pulls student politics bullshit and has worked with bob brown to get around party process leading to shitheads getting elected by her preferencing deals?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Splode posted:

Because she always sounds so smug, often doesn't research an issue completely before ranting about it.

Oh, and using your child to score a political point.

Ludlam does none of the above.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

Splode posted:

Greens insiders have reported the she isn't team player, a careerist professional politician who consistently goes off message.

Non Greens insiders hate her because she is a woman with unpopular opinions.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Calico Noose posted:

Imagine not only being stupid enough to say that but to loving believe it... and then convincing enough people to vote for you that you now get to make important decisions.

$15ph? No thank you, I'd rather work for $5 until I've proven myself worth more to you, mighty job creator. What, the Fair Work Act binds your hands? Well, I'll try my luck with the local bikies. Good day sir

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I get people at work who boggle when I say that we don't put on work experience kids or volunteers for our retail store because we believe that if you work, you deserve to get fully paid for it. Some of them just can't comprehend that thought process and that terrifies me.

e: this is the same company who I've heard tales of not paying junior casuals for working midnight launches because it's an 'honour' to work such events. And no, they won't loving tell me which stores so I can poo poo in their next stock carton and report them.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Gough Suppressant posted:

Does your brain literally just go missing every time someone asks this question and it gets explained that she is a career politician who still pulls student politics bullshit and has worked with bob brown to get around party process leading to shitheads getting elected by her preferencing deals?

yes

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

She has been described in the media as the Opposition spokesperson for Immigration, so I'll give her that (opportunity cost unknown - who knows who else would have taken her place in the Senate ticket).

In other news...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Bwhahahahahhaha

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating
Look we should be able to opt-out of child labour laws - If children want to be able to earn some money, say as a chimney sweep for our new generation coal burner power plants, who are we to deny them that right. Let the market decide what these little biters can be payed for their services. When I was only 10 I had a job delivering copies of The Australian to landfills all around town for $3 an hour and did I ever feel the need to unionise with a bunch of extortionist money seeking thugs?

While we have the opportunity we should also allow businesses to opt out of OHS laws as well. Everyone knows that people who choose to work safely can be trusted to do so without constantly being tied down by red tape.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
http://mashable.com/2014/09/01/australia-government-purchases-bombproof-bmw-fleet-for-g20-summit/

quote:

SYDNEY — The Australia Prime Minister has ordered a fleet of bombproof BMWs to protect leaders during the G20 summit this year.

BMW Group Australia confirmed the Government purchased nine BMW 7 Series 760Li security vehicles. The vehicles are BMW armoured security vehicles with identical engineering and performance specifications.

The $6.2 million fleet can withstand AK47 fire, attacks with explosive devices or armour-piercing weapons.

I guess we'll have to resort to landmines then.

hi asio :byewhore:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
"Whoa thanks for hiring me sir! I was about to kill some dude to get patched at the local Coffin Cheaters chapter! Now i can pack boxes for 5 dollars an hour, 12 hours a day! Actually, i might just join a bikie gang for way more loving money and all the crystal i can meth

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

Going by this you should start each day with a heil hitler to ingratiate yourself to your colleagues.

I should start doing this. Maybe I will print out some pictures of our good friend Adolf and stick them up in my cubicle.

I really hate this situation, but I have few options that don't involve me quitting without another job lined up. I'm seriously considering starting to live tweet the stuff they say - it's a goldmine (shitmine?) of malicious elitism and outright xenophobia.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Just try and take everything a little step further and see if they respond. Like when they say sink the boats say "why stop there, what about the ones already here". Extend to all non-whites. If they question you accuse them of been bleeding hearts.

Actually, you'll probably just become the most popular person there

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Anidav posted:

I would absolutely play, provided the meeting location is accessible and central. eg. The game room in Ace Comics in the CBD.

If they're northsiders wouldn't they want dice spot or fast break sports?

I'd be down for a goon RPG, especially if it means early bird access to Anidav's extreme job craziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Make it increasingly pre-emptive, why are we stopping the boats, why aren't we just bombing them in Indo before they even get on boats? gently caress, lets just bomb all the UN refugee camps. Even then, it's just a bunch of civilians who end up there. So lets bomb civilians to disincentivise them from becoming refugees.

• Locked thread