Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

"Well you see the most dangerous thing would be to not go to war." - Your moral and intellectual superior, a parliamentarian.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-01/debating-iraq-action-in-parliament-could-cost-lives-johnson/5709986

Labor and LNP have blocked the Greens and Independents call for a debate about this in parliament. Fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-01/australian-who-fathered-surrogate-twins-facing-abuse-charges/5710796

IT

JUST

GETS

WORSE

Also that is pretty low effort with the OP, Les Affaires

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

gently caress! gently caress! FUUUUUCK Goddammit gently caress.

I hate this world.

It absolutely sickens me, the lowest depths some people will go to. Not satisfied with turning most of the developing nations children into their playground, now this happens.

I guess we all know what the father of baby Gamma's motives are now, especially since he is a convicted paedophile. I do hope the WA Child Services rip the daughter out of that household immediately.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Abbott is denying rumours that an Australian plane has been shot down in Iraq while delivering humanitarian aid

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Mining Tax is gone.

It was sadly expected. As the Something Wonky guys have been hammering on about in their Podcast, Palmer is only there to make sure things that effect him are either stopped or don't happen. Just look at the death of the "Carbon Tax" as another example.

There goes another avenue of Government revenue. So far Abbott is happy to cut areas where they can get revenue from, but other than the lovely $7 doctor co-payment, hasn't come up with where they are going to make up the shortfall other than "gently caress over the poor"

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Meanwhile the body of a West Papuan independence leader has been floating in a sack in the ocean. Little to no coverage in the Australian media.
Considering how much the Abbott Government have done to piss off the Indonesians since getting into government, I expect them to be very quiet on this news, especially with a new Indonesian President about to be sworn in.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jumpingmanjim posted:

ROVE IS STILL ALIVE???????

Yeah, his dream of being an American late night TV Show host bombed cos, well, he had no Rudd or his dumb unfunny mates

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bye bye Bart

Garry Edwards looks like the next on the hit list

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Tommofork posted:

Anyone have full access to the Australian?

Wanna read the rest of this shitshow.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...x-1227046979565

Yes, let's nationalise it all Comrade Palmer!

adamantium|wang posted:

He's saying one of his staff has been conducting a misinformation campaign and warns the DLP's greatest enemies lie inside it. He'll now be sitting as an Independent.

Sounds like there's trouble brewing in the DLP.
That is pretty funny

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Gough Suppressant posted:

Victoria producing the goods today.

Geoff Shaw yesterday gave his apology in parliament. Liberal Premier Dennis Napthine didn't like it, and is moving a vote to expel Shaw, after protecting Shaw from expulsion when Labor put up a vote to do so some months ago. An anonymous Labor leader of the opposition has stated Labor's intent to reverse their position and now vote against expulsion because it now won't trigger a by-election as the November poll date is too soon.
To be slightly fair to Naptime, Shaw walked out to the press soon after the apology and pretty well said it was a farce and a waste of time. Which of course pissed off Naptime, as it ruined the integrity of the parliament bullshit bullshit bullshit

Of course Labor got their own back at both Naptime and to a lesser degree, Ken Smith, the ex-speaker who hated Shaw, but not allowing Shaw to be expelled. Naptime should've got rid of Shaw when they had the chance, now I bet Shaw will really stick the boot into the State Libs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Probably going to be nothing, but really hyped up nothing. The media haven't finished their "honeymoon" period with the government yet, unlike the view from the general public

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Barry O'Farrell is guest starring on today's episode of ICAC.

BOF has told Icac that "The Big Man" isn't him, instead it is Nathan Tinkler

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Doctor Spaceman posted:

This was after the former State Liberal President said she didn't know who the major Liberal donors were.
Yeah, that was gold. She dropped Sinidinos in the poo poo over that. "I had nothing to do with it, I left it all to Arthur to deal with"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ler posted:

[/url]

gently caress you Tony Abbott Bill Shorten
"What me, gutless?" - Bill Shorten

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fruity Gordo posted:

Speaking of gutless, where did Arbib slither off to?

Dunno, I guess we'll see him pop up in Icac one day

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kommando posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-10/community-television-kicked-off-air-by-federal-government/5733690

Community TV? Channel 31? Thats gotta go.

Minister for Communications wants to kill public access TV. Cant say im surprised any more.

That pisses me off. Community TV has been a great place for new talent to come through, and shows whose interests/topics only suit a small audience can thrive.

On the good news side, Victoria Labor is going to rip up the contracts for the East West tunnel if they win government in November

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Haters Objector posted:

Has this ever happened before?

I think the Democrats tried to go after Meg Lees in the courts after she left the party to start her own independent party.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Abbott and the LNP must be thanking their lucky stars about both ISIS/ISIL and Ukraine/Russia at the moment, taking the heat away from what a lovely government we have.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CrazyTolradi posted:

After 5 years in Telstra working back of house in the Enterprise, Large/Assigned Business and Small Business areas, I've learn that businesses are REALLY bad at paying their bills. Even really high end customers like certain members of a duopoly tend to be a little on the late side. The amount of stories I heard from friends in billing of businesses crying "BUT I RUN A BUSINESS HOW DARE YOU SUSPEND MY SERVICE!!!". This is why people who say we need to run the country like a business make me laugh, businesses are horribly at always late at paying bills.
The best one I heard was at my first full time job. The accounts area was looked after by the sister-in-law of the owner of the business. She was completely useless, and would do dumb poo poo like "Oh look, the March phone bill is cheaper than the Feb one, so I will pay for March and ignore Feb".

Of course the phones would get cut off every couple of months because she would ignore the letters of demand from Telstra

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fruity Gordo posted:

I can't imagine taking on a massive 30 year loan to buy a house when people have been talking about a bubble for like a decade or more. gently caress I'm anxious about 24 month phone contracts.

Same, I want to be looking for a new home, but the constant "will it, won't it" over the property bubble has me anxious

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The good old "The enemy of my enemy..." situation

Do we have a health minister? Send them over there or something. Also give David Johnston a couple of grenades and a bow and drop him on the Iraq/Syria border.
Yes, it is Peter Dutton and I approve of this plan

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kial posted:

I'm wondering where this hatred of Clover comes from. Her progressive policies, bike lanes and such? Is that really it?

2GB, Liberals, right wing shock jocks, Daily Terrorgraph

Nice watching Leigh Sales getting stuck into Hockey on 730

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Amethyst posted:

https://newmatilda.com/2014/09/18/freya-newman-pleads-guilty-over-frances-abbotts-60k-secret-scholarship-leak

The Frances Abbott scholarship whistleblower is being punished to the full extent of the law. Good to see we have our priorities in order.

I think it was Something Wonky who mentioned that Australia and the US have the worst (or close to) protection laws for whistleblowers in the world

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Turnbull was defending his decision to shut down Community TV on ABC radio today, saying that the Community Stations only had temporary access to that spectrum, and should've been ready for when the Government ripped access from them.

Also had the answer of "‘They’ve said to me, "we don’t want to be rushed into the new media"; well, let me tell you, the internet is not new.’" for an alternative instead of using the TV spectrum

Smug gently caress

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

49% adult literacy rate? :shrug:

That's how Jacqui Lambie gets elected.

Tasmania is really turning into the Deep South

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Good, I hope that makes SA's power cheaper in the future, while the other states are paying heaps from lovely old coal fired power generators

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Of course News Corp are banging the "terrorist" drum massively on their papers today.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

All this whipping up of terror and anti-Islam rhetoric in the media, I fear is going to have a gruesome conclusion.

I'm not liking this one bit, but sadly the Federal Government has a huge hard on for belting up that community, and I can't see the media stopping any time soon.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ThirdPartyView posted:

What about the Hobby Lobby? :v:
Those model railroad enthusiasts are as tough as the rail unions

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Better stick them all with a Gom Jabbar to check.
That said, the Labor candidate for my state seat's name is "Tony Dib". Been wanting to ask if his wife's name is "Maude" or has a son named Paul.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Smegmatron posted:

There is so much wrong with that article, and almost everything that's wrong with it begins and ends with the reporters incredibly lovely and baseless assumptions about Muslims.

The thesis is essentially "being a Muslim sucks because it sucks to be a Muslim, not because Australians are dickheads."

I agree. It's a bit like following the Jewish community around and coming to the conclusion "It gotta suck since you can't have any pork products"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Endman posted:

Who's got the October OP? It's the 1st tomorrow.
Anidav. He needs the work

• Locked thread