Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Asymmetrikon posted:

Reposting from last thread, cause i'm still interested in responses:

Robust and flexible support for card mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's already too late. The swinification process is already underway.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:shrug:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Between that and the horrendously creepy artificial town nearby filled with actors paid to live day-and-night in an uncanny-valley attempt at portraying the Ideal American Small Town, there's got to be an Unknown Armies adventure in there somewhere.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why stop there though :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We were actually talking about Celebration around the start of the Disney derail :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The first world is a very strange place.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
efb

It also caused the glut of lovely d20 products, loving up the market as well as the ability to design or appreciate other kinds of games in a large majority of the hobby.

Ryan Dancey causes brain damage :shepface:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any games that are inspired/based off of ancient cultures that are generally obscure because they don't fit neatly into the western "world history" textbooks propaganda depiction of an imaginary line of progress going "Greece > Rome > Western Europe and USA"? Despite my tone I'm actually serious about the request.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The closet or the clown car?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Error 404 posted:

I have a confession to make:

I'm RPGPUNDIT irl, and I've been running a deep infiltration on you swine bastards for a long time.

I win. :smaug:

dang, thought you were red mage

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Sagan posted:

And they said you don't finish what you start.

:vince:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Card games? If at all possible, I recommend you pick yourself up some Pixel Tactics. It's a 2-player game but it has alternate modes for 4-player play and you can buy the original set and/or the two expandalones and it works regardless of which you actually decide to get.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vampire.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I did that thing again where I manage to cut through my depression for a few hours and write down most of a game in one sitting. It's sort of like the real world parts of The Matrix or Terminator's future, if the surviving resistance relearned and extensively utilized arts of diabolism that were mostly lost after the ancients drove demons from the world :devil:

E: Basically if you ever wanted to punch a security robot with claws wreathed in hellfire and shoot another in the face with a giant revolver that's actually a demon bound into that shape while your buddy steals one of the Hundred Hearts of the Machine so that your enclave can later use it to summon a demon prince and send it on a rampage, I might have a game for you :v:

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Sep 14, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i feel like butts about the contest that at this point i might as well have abandoned :(

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Torchbearer to D&D like Don't Starve is to Minecraft?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that was pretty much what I was aiming for.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just say that their weedy bodies take away a number of possible slots like armour does for buffer, bigger people

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how does one carry around ten-foot poles

are they in like 2-foot sections you screw together

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Error 404 posted:

Ohgodohgodwe'reallgonnadie.

Accept your mortality and embrace the void :buddy:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SageNytell posted:

The concept I'm working with in the 13th Age game I'm running (which has not yet been tested) is that players magical items are empowered because they belong to those people, they have no innate power. Any sword used by Annegret the Iron Lady is preternaturally sharp and thirsts for the heads of the Fey, but if you were to ask a random person in the world they would say that the sword itself has power. Because she once wielded a blade of Cold Iron, all swords she wields bite the flesh of the fey folk as though they were cold iron.

Sir Gerard leaves behind burned corpses of the wild-men because the people believe he has a soulbound, flaming warrior queen effigy instead of a simple wooden puppet.

Basically, the characters design their magic weapon, and any weapon acts as that weapon, because it belongs to them. Is this just me being overly focused on semantics, or is there a thread of something there?

I don't think anybody else responded to this, but it is a cool idea!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:barf:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who runs the grogs.txt twitter?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i won't steal it, but for every code you give me i'll donate 10 dollars to the charity of your choi

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Davin Valkri posted:

I don't get it. Is that a political cartoon about Pink Floyd or something?

Nah, just a baller skeleton biker.

Plutonis dogememed it, so clever he is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Next thread? I don't go to the real one, what's going on in there?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, grogs.txt was sort of the tg chat thread for a very long time

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the failed timeline where the Retrocausality KS never happened

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know, I think the non-ghost is a lot sexier

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hypothetically speaking, for a friend, what kind of shitposting would make you intervene

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
random science fiction genre-related thought; could an artificial society designed by people well-informed by sociology and psychology be workable in the long-term?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
heh true

hey, i'm trying to find the january contest thread, because i might actually have the ability to finish judging the stuff now, even though nobody probably cares anymore; but i can't find it. help?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just post some baras :sweden:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DocBubonic posted:

What do you mean by artificial?

Basically I mean an intentional attempt to create a specifically defined society; the clones/AIs/carefully selected volunteers are optional, mainly the thought is "create a nondysfunctional society based on what we know of the sciences of psychology and sociology".

I'd include economics but that's not really a science :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I understand what you're trying to say but I'm not sure, please clarify :shobon:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i don't know if i'd call that a nondysfunctional society :v

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i should really get around to watching free :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good-ish idea, make sure they're well-informed on the nature of the game before anything else

• Locked thread