Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Waffleman_ posted:

So do I have to be a Patreon supporter to listen to Six Feats Under or is there a free way to listen to it?

There is a free way - by following their thread here on SA.

The Breakfast Cult session, specifically, is not up yet, though.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Evil Mastermind posted:

And yet he's up in arms about the people harassing Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian, and is on Zoe's and Anita's side in this whole mess.

The only valid moral outrage is Gareth's moral outrage.

Well, about that...

https://twitter.com/GRIMACHU/status/507462599467073536

EDIT: Wait no that's desborough. They're basically the same person, but are not actually, so never mind.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Sep 4, 2014

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

gradenko_2000 posted:

Am I just reading that analogy wrong or are you really saying that the creation of the OGL was a bad thing? I had the impression that it was one of the better things to happen to the hobby

The OGL was awful. It was literally invented in an attempt to kill all other RPG systems so that only d20 reigned, and for a while, it succeeded! No real innovation was allowed, and loads of lovely 3rd party d20 books littered gaming shelves everywhere. It was a dark and awful time to be a tradgamer.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Waffleman_ posted:

You couldn't apply the Fate series to just any system. You'd need a system that's good for PvP, since that's what Fate basically is.

Do it in BattleCON.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

My shift key will always hold back FATE.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Upmarket Mango posted:

Why is the two-column layout so popular? It loving blows, imo.

I am 100% sure the answer to this is "because D&D did it" and everyone copies D&D. I find it really hard to read the continuous 2-column books, it's just a huge block that all blends together in my eyes.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Munchkin is bad because it is completely luck-based, with zero luck-mitigating factors. Once a player starts winning, their winning snowballs because more winning = more power, more power = better chance you can kill stuff, more kill stuff = more power, repeated ad infinity. On top of that, not only is it entirely luck-based who wins, but the actual cards you can play to affect the game make things harder for people! They're all about screwing over other players, taking their victories away from them at the last moment.

The end result is that the only way to play Munchkin is to blindly flip cards until someone is about to win, then play cards to make them not win until everyone is out of cards when someone is about to win. It's a war of attrition with no ability to actually, legitimately affect the outcome of said war of attrition, except by extending it.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

gradenko_2000 posted:

My brain can't process this: what are the chances of a d6 rolling higher than another d6? Is it 50%? Is 2d6 vs 2d6, 3d6 vs 3d6 any different?

1 in every 6 rolls, they will tie, and have the same result. (1 1, 2 2, etc)

In all of the remaining rolls (5/6), one dice will be higher than the other. So if we want a specific die to be higher, then that one is higher half the time. So 5/12ths of the time, a specific die will be higher than the other, in 1d6 vs 1d6.

2d6 vs 2d6 is a bit more complicated but is roughly the same, just with a weirder chance of ties. The more dice you add, the less likely ties get, but it'll still be 50/50 between the not-tie results.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ningyou posted:

can we talk about actual bears and/or everyone's favourite erotic actual bear fiction anthology and/or my baller rear end new av

I tried to come up with a bear pun for this post but no luck :sigh:

Your av is super cute, yes, what is it from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

KittyEmpress posted:

What tabletop game has the most bishies in it and why is no one recruiting for it right now???

Monsterhearts is the most likely candidate, I think.

• Locked thread