Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Just to repost my question because it was two posts before August Thread closed: Any impressions people have on One Last Job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Thomamelas posted:

I have run One Last Job within the last few months. It's a great system to run a one shot in and I'm keeping it in my stack because it's great system for times where I need something for a group to play but I haven't done any prep work at all. It seems to lend itself more towards the silly rather then serious. You introduce the boss and the first character, someone picks it and describes the second and so forth. Lots of insults flying back and forth. And while the players are discribing the characters they are also laying out the heist for you.

Cool, I picked it up after listening to One Shot Podcast play it, and I was a bit curious if it naturally bent a bit less serious or if it was just falling prey to the tendency of One Shot to be goofy as hell.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Evil Mastermind posted:

There's also the slight problem that OS doesn't always play with the rules as written, which would be fine if they weren't presenting a system for the first time and trying to sell people on it.

Yeah, I picked that up real quick once I had the PDF up in front of me. On the other hand, that does sort of work because who's ever really played a new game for the first time rules as written?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I may throw up a pick up game later tonight to test drive it, if anybody's down!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Isn't mormons one of the big groups surviving the apocalypse a thing on Fallout?

Yeah, it was going to be a big part of the original design of Fallout Three which then got relegated to New Vegas DLC. The second best DLC, but still.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Video games also have women and jocks playing, therefore showing their weaker casual genetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Swagger Dagger posted:

I bought the Guide to Glorantha today to get some background on the setting before 13th Age in Glorantha comes out and god, I probably should have realized this, but I had no idea I was buying an 800 page textbook on a setting. I just cannot handle this during the actual school semester, it's even laid out exactly the same as one of my physics texts.

The Glorantha Thread is your friend on this one. Come post and get some general overview on things and look up whatever sounds cool in the Guide instead of trying to read it cover to cover.

• Locked thread