Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Judgement posted:

I have been invited to take part in a campaign set in "Zakhara", part of the Forgotten Realms that is apparently "Arabian" themed. So. On a scale of one to the republican party, exactly how racist should I expect this game to be?

Zakhara is based on Arabian Adventures/Al-Qadim. I haven't looked at it recently, but from what I remember it was surprisingly and pleasantly respectful to the subject matter. It had a very heavy 1001 Nights and Persian influence, despite the name. So the source material, while not perfect, isn't terrible.

How your average group of nerds handles it, though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Majuju posted:

So I went to the FLGS and grabbed Skulls and Shackles, and the guys there were psyched about a Shadowrun co-op card game that just came out. Anyone played it? Good? Bad?

How did I not hear about this before now?!

Anyways I already ordered it, I'll let you know how it looks once it arrives.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I had a friend unironically suggest we play Ironclaw next after we wrapped up a Warhammer FRP game once. He later sent me a bunch of pdfs of the books and kept talking about how cool animals were.

We did not play Ironclaw. Although I should look and see if someone has already done a Fatal & Friends of it
Ironclaw itself is benign. It a more mature version of Disney's Robin Hood (in the sense of complex plots, etc) than anything else.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Everything I've ever seen about Ironclaw (and Jadeclaw) suggests to me that it's totally benign and not creepy. Which is cool, really, talking animal people are pretty neat on their own.

Yeah, the game itself just swaps elves and dwarves for cats and dogs, which at least gets part of the way out of the Tolkien rut.

That some people are creepy about talking animal people doesn't reflect poorly on the game, plenty of nerds manage to be creeplords in games without them after all.

• Locked thread