Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

WAR FOOT posted:

Firestorm Armada: Worth a buy, or should you just stick with old BFG stuff?

I think BFG rules are better but if you want stuff that doesn't cost a fortune and is available now then FA is, well, available now. Apparently they did a 2nd edition of the rules and improved it but i've not seen that.

Which reminds me I should decide whether i'll play BFG again and see about selling everything while it's still going for silly money.

My gaming group has talked about doing Gen Con next year but the whole 'random chance for the hotel' is pretty discouraging, particularly if you're flying in as well.

And in other random poo poo, I'm thinking about putting up a One Ring thread as the old one seems to have died (and C7s forums have that clique-ism that a lot of gaming company forums fall into where a handful of people dominate and dictate the style of 'what's acceptable'). Not sure if there's enough interest though given the old thread fell into disuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

potatocubed posted:

I'm curious about the One Ring - I like what I hear about its style and pacing, but I'm utterly uninterested in Middle Earth and I wonder how easy it is to divorce mechanics from setting.

You certainly could, and I think you could reskin it into a reasonable Star Wars game with hope being light side and shadow being dark side points. The rules are very much aimed at ME though, actually a specific style of ME (it does the Hobbit better than Lord of the Rings) and the designer's biases and 'stuff he worked on before' are clearly present. I use a lot of house rules to deal with that.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

FMguru posted:

Guess which oft-delayed wuxia/wild-west RPG just lost its print publisher (Cubicle 7)?

It's also missed another 'it will be out by x date' deadline. Which is what, 20? 30?

• Locked thread