Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When I got a new phone number it used to belong to some slutty teenage girl so I got a ton of dick pics and gentleman callers for months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it turns out when your hormones are raging and you're just trying to get your nut off it doesn't much matter whether or not it's Ashley who shows up at your door

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mike-o posted:

lol imgur and even 4chan pulling the images almost as soon as people post them. heard something about the FBI even investigating it all, good use of resources there FBI lookin for dudes that posted pics of naked celebrities

Man it'll suck when they finally delete all the copies of these images!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When I did my engineering undergrad there was no way to avoid poo poo like 0800 classes so the pro option was definitely to stack everything up to 1200 and take the rest of the day off.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

less typing than AM and PM my time is money

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

Anyone ever notice muzzies really love them some engineering?

take a semester of any class that covers basic electronics and you can take that poo poo to the bank once you report in to your commander

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

:thejoke:

I actually haven't had one of those yet but I understand they're pretty common and often it's a scummy move by the professor to push books.

I haven't seen a whole lot of that but you have to be careful about required book lists whether the professor's written them or not. I've bought a few books that never ended up being used for the class. You can usually go a week or two without buying any of the books to feel it out.

Also definitely look up the "International Edition" for everything on the list. They're usually softcover, black and white editions of textbooks intended for sale in poorer countries and they come with a sticker that says "Not for sale in the US" (lol gently caress you). You can save a ton of money buying those, but keep in mind that engineering textbooks will have everything translated to metric units instead of imperial.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Also just torrenting PDF versions of textbooks has saved me a few hundred dollars

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I haven't used anything but metric for scientific applications. Outside of civil engineering or construction related poo poo you're going to see metric in STEM.

all of my aerospace textbooks favored imperial (loving lbm and lbf is retarded), but stuff that isn't tied to a century or more of US manufacturing legacy is going to use metric. one of the things i'm grateful for with my degree is that i'm pretty proficient in both.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 4, 2014

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Christoff posted:

Can't you "rent" most books on a tablet? Or is that not even worthwhile or what?

No it's a scam with retarded pricing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

Actually though, I think I'd start looking at something like a used Fusion. They're pretty good on gas, and they'll have more useful room and probably better options for the price. It's probably a little more fun to drive than any Camry or most Accords, too. I'd stay away from a used VW, personally. I don't think I know anyone who's bought a VW in the last 10 years that hasn't regretted it within 6 months or so because they're steaming piles of poo poo.

The used Fusion market was poo poo in my area, for whatever reason the 2nd gen ones hadn't dropped much in value compared to the new models. 20,000 got me a new 2014, but I didn't bother going for the new ecoboost engine that gets slightly better gas mileage.

$20,000 gets you well out of "shitbox" territory unless you're asking AI or something. I'd look for a used Focus ST because I hear those are fun as poo poo to drive and Minis look gay as all hell.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that car is by far the most attractive and valuable thing in the photo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

My Audi is pushing eight years old and the only non-scheduled-maintenance repair has been a window regulator that went bad. I haven't broke 40k miles though, and I still wouldn't recommend a Volkswagen product or probably buy another one.

If you're bitching that a 10+ year old car that probably has six-figure mileage needs non-trivial work, or that your total ownership cost for an aging vehicle isn't nothing, you're being silly. This is one hell of an enlisted conversation about cars, too

My Impala had 60,000 miles on it and needed a transmission and steering linkage rebuild. It was 12 years old but gently caress me I expected to just be replacing seals and belts with that kind of mileage on it. God drat thing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Thanks. Just bought it today. Having a suspension that can handle a speed bump without making my back cry is incredible.

Yeah whatever dude, put some 24s on that fucker

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

actually I think it's mega sad that he's so angry at the world and lashes out not at the loving pig cops that deserve it, but a fellow brother in arms

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pPQnhhUqtU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that's a gender-specific derogative term so I'd appreciate it you would promote it thanks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What gender is xe, I can't tell from the pic.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Would be really appreciated if xe actually shared xis gender so I could know

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Has Apple added real multitasking to iOS yet because not being able to do poo poo like "check for new podcasts and download them at 0500" was loving dumb as poo poo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

you can double tap the home button to switch open apps

if that counts i guess, works fine for me

that doesn't count since ios just closes everything that spends 15 minutes in the background

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bengy81 posted:

Good for that guy!

In other news to be outraged about, jimmies on my FB feed are getting rustled over this gem.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/176381-army-officer-walking-daughter-school-rudely-told-cant-enter/

:911:

That's perfect bait for Facebook jimmies rustled

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I like how D&D says that Al Qaeda won because its aims were to financially bankrupt the US with a massive war, when in reality it turns out the US can blow trillions without stumbling and what really hurt us was a mortgage crisis

Also people have a real hard time seeing through statements like "Oh, the US is bombing the poo poo out of our senior leaders and weapons systems? That's exactly what we wanted them to do". Pretending every setback is part of your Master Plan is like Rule #1 of how to get hosed in the rear end without having everyone desert you immediately.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The War on Terror? Yeah, the US really buckled under that one. That's the war that involved GM floundering and instituting a financial crisis, right?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Every time ISIS cuts off a journalist's head I want them to know that the only thing that actually scares America is a car company defaulting on a loan.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke" would explain a lot in the military

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

my begonias be poppin yo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Was looking for name suggestions for my white and orange cat, found some gold.

http://www.catnamesmeow.com/cat-names/agent-orange

You're loving up

quote:

Hi,

You could use the name of an object and a cat name together like in the book Tail chaser's Song or Warriors. I have a cat named Mud fur, and it is really fitting for the girl (she has black splotches on her white fur). You could name him or her:

Brambleclaw
Bramblethorn

other examples could be: dapple, spotted, pelt, fur, tooth, ear, etc. The best part of these kinds of names is that they are interchangable.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110425060727AAakILJ

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'd cross the street if I saw those cats coming my way

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

OKCupid is actually pretty solid if you put a little effort into it. I met a previous girlfriend there.

All it recommends for me these days are christian chicks and fat girls with kooky hair

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Please explain "the dead guy on the road"

One time on my way to work I'm pretty sure I saw a dead hobo that a schoolbus had hit because how else can you explain a schoolbus stopped next to a homeless man lying in the middle of the street with someone poking him

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

that poor dude with the explorer

i took a cab a couple weeks ago and asked the cabbie if he had any cool stories from the night and he talked about how he saw a driver kill a drunk guy crossing the street in front of my date

gently caress you jesus that story sucked

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

theres probably some isis sperg just flipping the gently caress out constantly like "put a stock on that young blood's ak he aint gonna have no control otherwise" and none of the guys will listen to him because inshallah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dA blAcK GiPpeR

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So sorry man, that's hosed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mike-o posted:

what do we do when this is just a forum full of drunk/high unstable vets and everybody is out?

officially form a militia and get GIP kicked out of the forums when Lowtax gets a visit from the FBI

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It explains a lot about awful posters in other forums when you catch them in TCC talking about slamming heroin in the bathroom at work every day

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

kinda but no. dude did himself in after dosing in the car and overheating, his wife found drugs after and was thinking about doing them. that's the most I remember.

but yeah, dumbfucks.

lol yeah his wife said the silver lining was finding his drug stash and then she posted a thread asking how to defraud the insurance company that didn't want to pay out a policy for a fuckup addict who literally died like a dog

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dredd was way cooler than The Raid but I also haven't seen The Raid 2 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

n4i I posted earlier but I guess your mod-sense missed it, but have you read anything from the Culture Series? It started in the late 80s and gives me a serious Revelation Space vibe. I'm almost done with the first book and it's pretty good.

TBB goons loving hate the first book but I thought it was rad

Couldn't read Player of Games without agreeing with the protagonist in Consider Phlebas that the Culture was loving abominable and deserved to die

Use of Weapons was incredible, but it took me a couple years to bother reading it because gently caress Player of Games

• Locked thread