Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

One of my profs teaches a couple of classes this year where they use his books. He gets $4 in royalties per copy. He ranted about wishing he could give each of us the $4 back but that might have been a clever way for him to say that he got $4 from all of us and there's nothing we can do.

Unless the class was incredibly complex or super specific I fail to see the point in buying books.

It wasn't until grad school that when "recommended reading material" actually became useful because the information was pertinent to actual research and allowed you to have a quick go to reference since half of that poo poo isn't on google/pub med/proquest anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I'm not dealing with undergrad here. I have to buy all my books. The VA pays for them so I don't give a gently caress, honestly.

Might as well buy all of the books and throw in some quantum physics while you're at it to decorate a nice book shelf.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

That's the whole point of electives.

We had two "electives" during nursing school, it was highly recommended we did one of the summer nursing school electives but wasn't required. I think a few people did some scuba diving course and I ended up in some fundamentals of television broadcasting poo poo. Didn't learn much except broadcasters wear a ton of make-up.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I could send you some nitrile gloves and medical grade lube jelly, might feel like an alien is touching your penis...which might be cool

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Reading TCC is essentially who I dealt with that was a known drug user or seeker that came into the E.R I worked in. I can only assume that 95% of the "I got heroin/prescription med" posts usually involved having to get the semen off their hands before posting due to the amount of dicks needed to be sucked to get said product.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 27, 2014

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

zombie303 posted:

Apparently Sunday afternoon is the best time to go to the VA. The place was a ghost town. Went in, got x-rays, talked to the doctor, and got out in just a little over an hour. They seemed to be happy that I wasn't some old man screaming obscenities and throwing feces around or someone trying to get pain meds. Doctor made fun of me for not taking an anti-inflammatory and seemed amused that my biggest complaint was not being able to work out. Gave me some 60mg Ibuprofen and told me to go for a run instead of the gym for a while.

E.R's are busy as gently caress Sunday late evening and early noon. Sunday evening is when people realize they can't wait until their appointments Monday at 9 A.M, and Sunday afternoon after church is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

An antibiotic resistant infection. You have to take some hardcore poo poo to clear it out if it actually infects you.

Methicillin resistance Staph Aureus. You remember that old saying "she has some poo poo that ajax won't even cure?" It's just like that, except you don't get the enjoyment of having sex to get it.

• Locked thread