Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Jarmak posted:

First day of classes (in a real college) in 10 years. Was funny as poo poo watching all the shithead ROTC kids running around the gym in PTs this morning.

Also, my fear of being way behind on everything is quickly being eased by the fact freshman seem lazy and retarded. Eye candy factor living up to what I had assumed was a overhyped reputation.

If you just halfass school you'll be light years ahead of most of your classmates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

If school is easy you're doing it wrong. You're wasting money if you aren't taking the best science and math courses you can. If you're breezing through, keep adding upper division technical courses (math, stats, hard science, comp sci, etc) until it is hard. Don't gently caress off and act like you didn't trade a good portion of your youth, and probably a significant portion of your life expectancy, for a second chance to not be dipshit, jesus. There's seriously no excuse for not understand how the world works at this point, and how it works is that people who have skills that are in demand get to set the terms of their employment and people who don't get to grovel. If you spend out your GI bill and don't pack in every actually employable skill, you should stab yourself in the face repeatedly.

Yeah, it's totally a great idea to follow up 4+ years of being miserable doing something you hate with another 4 years of being miserable doing something you hate.

If you like science or math or need to make fat stacks when you graduate, then by all means do some STEM poo poo. If you hate math or science (like many of us do) then tell STEM to suck your stem and learn about history or playing with rocks or get a rhetoric degree and live your dream writing erotic fiction about your co-ed roommates.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

If the mere fact that something is hard makes you miserable, give up on life. If you aren't pathetic, it should be just the opposite. Tons of people hate math simply because they are bad at it, and so they never bother to get good at it. With the exception of pure humanities majors like English or Philosophy, there are very few courses of study where higher degrees of math won't make you objectively better at your job - especially things like business, economics and social science. So instead of getting drunk 4 nights a week, take Calc II instead of capping out at "Calculus Concepts for Business" and show people that you ain't no punk bitch.

Actually it is the opposite for me, I enjoy things that are hard :gay:

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

If you like hiking you have to take a trip out to Colorado and explore the Rockies. I lived in Colorado Springs as a kid and I was like, yeah the mountains are cool whatever. Then I went out there this summer to hit some trails and it blew my mind how beautiful it was and I wasn't even up in space (most of the time). My routine during the trip was hike all morning, grill burgers for lunch and get hammered off of 3 beers (altitude makes beers work better), and then just chill and smoke a fat doobie the rest of the night. There are so many trails and so many places to hike you can get some serious solitude, it rules.

Alpine lake at about 12,000 ft:

The altitude change will kick you rear end, but the views can't be beat:

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

I've got a 2010 Fusion that's coming up on 5 years and 60k miles. Great car, no major issues at all so far. Only thing I've had to do outside of regular oil changes is new brakes a couple months back and I'll need new tires before winter. If I could do it over again I'd probably get the 6 cylinder for more rear end, but it gets the job done as is. We do a mix of city and highway driving and get around 30 mpg.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

"Hello everyone! First off, I do not go by my given name Katelyn. My name is Dominic and my pronouns are they and them."

Online classes are awesome because I can straight up ignore anything this person posts.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

I have an iphone 4 and it works perfectly fine. I don't need my phone to do any wizard poo poo so if I can use netflix, imessage, and take mirror shot dick pics for the cloud I'm all set. Plus, Verizon says the only way I can get a new phone without losing my sick grandfathered in unlimited data plan is to pay full retail price. gently caress that noise, iphone 4 till I die son.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Jarmak posted:

They let you pay full retail and you didn't take it? The fees in the contract make it like 150% the cost of buying it outright, not to mention you own the phone so the carrier can't dictate poo poo regarding what you can do with it. I was loving pissed when Verizon wouldn't let me buy my android up front.

I'm not sure how paying anywhere close to retail price on a phone is a good deal. I don't see any unusual fees on my bill and we've been paying the same monthly price for the last 4 years across a couple different phones.

When I was looking at upgrading this spring my options were 1) free upgrade to iphone 5, lose current contract and unlimited data or 2) pay $600 for iphone 5, keep current contract and unlimited data. Both sounded lovely to me.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hes actually you from the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

zombie303 posted:

I would totally go kill some more browns. Unfortunately, my 50% disability rating prevents that. :bang:

Don't worry bro, if you're still in the IRR they can snatch your rear end up. There were a ton of dudes in my recall group with disability ratings. One dude I hung out with had 70% for PTSD (which he admittedly was faking) and another guy had 50% for having a bunch of bullshit in this leg from an IED. That dude even had to get some old shrapnel removed while we were processing because he apparently had too much in there to deploy.

So unless you weaseled out of the IRR your dreams can still come true!

• Locked thread