Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA has given up on taping in Manhattan and are taping in Bethlehem PA now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Quarters for last week were really funny, per the Observer

quote:

In the segment-by-segment, Bobby Lashley vs. Tommy Dreamer lost 46,000 viewers. Taryn Terrell vs. Madison Rayne and Homicide & Manik & Zema Ion vs. Low Ki & Crazzy Steve & Tiger Uno lost 45,000 viewers. The Bobby Roode/Eric Young in-ring promo to set up next week’s match lost 34,000 viewers. Ethan Carter III vs. Rhino at 10 p.m. in the usual growth spot lost 22,000 viewers. Austin Aries vs. Great Sanada gained 11,000 viewers. The introduction of Chris Melendez lost 24,000 viewers. And worst of all, the dream tag team match with The Wolves vs. Hardys vs. Team 3-D, the first of the series, lost 35,000 viewers and did a 0.74 quarter, so the main event did the lowest rating and audience of the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

So there are a bunch of full TNA DVDs on TNA's official YouTube channel that I'm pretty sure were previously behind a paywall but are not anymore. Like, they're best of comps, so they're probably pretty good. Example: The Best of Beer Money and The Motorcity Machineguns here-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47fFE_sA5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG5xD5Me49I

There's a shitload in the related videos, including a Best of CM Punk :lol:.

Pretty cool I guess, 'cause hey, free rasslin'!

Hey they have their Sting thing on there. Not sure if I want that to be part of STING MONTH though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I hope when TNA inevitably folds Spud gets a job managing somebody somewhere. He's too good for this Titanic.

Spud is a dumbfuck "nice guy." He's also bad at wrestling and I don't find him funny.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People talk poo poo about Batista's opponent but he had way more experience as a .500 level fighter than Lashley's last night and that was Batista's 1st fight compared to Lashley who has fought for years. Lashley sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's pretty clear Russo was an issue to Spike otherwise we wouldn't be getting these quotes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fat Lowtax posted:

How can you be simultaneously bigger and worse demographically than the COPS 'n' Manswers channel

When UFC went from Spike to FX they went from a channel dedicated to men 18-49 to one with a wider focus, so despite being on a higher rated network their ratings went down because they had less appeal to the average FX viewer. TNA's key demo is trash, so any network not specializing in trash may be a bad fit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Does Brodus have a contract?

Normally this would be a stupid question given that he has appeared in a TNA ring. But ... you know TNA. Also they have form in doing this, (MVP).

Also, why would Brodus sign anything with this company that is so so near death?

Who else is going to pay him?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

So lets see what is up with supposed Global Force Wrestling partner Toby Keith:

http://wane.com/2014/09/17/fans-say-toby-keith-too-drunk-at-indiana-concert/

Oh. He's getting drunk before his concerts. Even when TNA goes under, I hope GFW takes its place and is just as bad.

Toby Keith isn't involved with GFW at this point as far as anyone knows. If there is money behind it that's coming from a friend of Hermie Sadler.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

89 posted:

TNA had a totally awesome run of about 6+ months that culminated in Austin Aries winning the title. It was like they finally got their poo poo together and I was excited to watch the show live each week.

And then..

Ace's & Eight's...

...was a good 6 month run.

This "totally awesome" run included the abysmal Lockdown PPV with one of the worst main event finishes you'll find and some other bad shows. I can almost grant that TNA had a few good months in there but no one can seem to agree which months, how long it was or when it got bad. Thus I revert to the null hypothesis that TNA is always and forever will be bad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Deadpool posted:

The best show airing right now on TV is currently on WGN, so it looks like they want to corner the market on the worst too.

I'm guessing you mean Manhattan? It looks so bad from the ads that when I saw this news I thought TNA would be at home with it. I haven't watched it at all so I'm curious if maybe WGN has another original show or if the ads are just poorly thought out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dimebags Brain posted:

My question is, does this mean ROH is in more houses than TNA now? I have no idea what WGN's distribution is like.

WGN America is in more than 70 million homes so it's in 30 million more homes than ROH.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The only way I can describe the Manhattan ads is they feel like an ad that would play in syndication in the 90s. The acting doesn't help, but there's something about the way they frame the plots that comes off all wrong. I can only imagine how an ad for Impact would look.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Have we made a UHF joke by now? We must've. Let's pretend I'm the first one.

TNA is going to be on UHF. From the Weird Al movie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It did 969,000 viewers.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Can someone who followed TNA explain how Jeff Jarrett was never TNA champion (he was NWA champ 6 times). Was he basically gone by the time they made the belt change?

His wife was dying of cancer so TNA produced a documentary to tell you how Jeff was just the swellest guy because his wife died of cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

I don't understand JJ haters, and this is one of the reasons why.

Because he had a few fun segments mixed in with a million terrible run in filled matches where he performs the worst kickouts known to man, terrible promos, an awful theme, and a grip on the belt that would make HHH blush. Also he decided to dedicate 20 minutes of his DVD to putting himself over for being there for his wife as she died from cancer. You watch that DVD and think "Jeez, that sucks" as the story unfolds, and then they just go on and on about Jeff. They do everything they can to sell "His wife died, ain't he great?" and it is so gross and exploitative you want to punch him in the face. So gently caress Jeff Jarrett.

• Locked thread