Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
lol :confuoot: :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm going to keep telling myself that Europe Army still sucks. It's the only way I can get through my days.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
They actually made us leave AIT in ACUs, both for holiday block leave and graduation. I didn't live in the barracks so naturally I didn't do that, but that was the policy when I was there.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

SumYungGui posted:

My AIT company had a competition during health and welfare inspections to see who could have the gayest bedding/pillows. Only winner I can clearly remember from that many years ago was the full-body Twilight pillow, though there was some stiff (heh) competition from the Princess Peach pink-on-pink sheet set. Surprisingly in an intel weenie company nobody was brave (read: socially inept) enough to go for My Little Pony.

Don't worry, I had to do some room inspections when I was there (hooray for student leadership...) and there was a room with MLP decorations in it. Coffee cup, screensaver, and a poster. Sigh.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Justin Tyme posted:

Do IET soldiers get a SHARP class upon entry? I can't remember but I don't think I ever did. You'd think that would be a day 0 requirement, telling Joe that DS Biggus Dickus can't gently caress you under threat of chaptering you out and if you report them nothing ill will come of it.

Nimmy's experience mirrors my own. Basic had the deluge of Army Classes at the start, then a SHARP skit thing later on. During AIT, I know I had at least 6 SHARP briefings by bored Platoon Sergeants and an all-day long thing about "Consentacles" and being a "Blocktopus."

It's a super important topic, but holy poo poo Army, you're not very good at getting the point across.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Neo Duckberg posted:

gently caress the Army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
The only upside I have found at Drum so far is that I'm not in a Cav or airborne unit. It's the little things in life that make it more bearable...

• Locked thread