Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorefluff
Aug 19, 2004
cuddly minotaur
If there's a gdt for hunt vs nelson can you please name the thread "battle of the bulge"? tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I'm of two minds on who I want to win out of Werdum and Cain. On one hand it would be cool to see Cain break the heavyweight defence record (of two defences lol) on the other hand Brazil's less injury prone answer to The Mask can only make a hilarious champ that will prob fight more than Cain.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i will be breaking my own rule of never rooting for a non-jacare brazilian to root for werdum

cain barely fights and its annoying

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

turntabler posted:

I'm of two minds on who I want to win out of Werdum and Cain. On one hand it would be cool to see Cain break the heavyweight defence record (of two defences lol) on the other hand Brazil's less injury prone answer to The Mask can only make a hilarious champ that will prob fight more than Cain.

I think either way I'll be happy, I just hope that whatever happens Cain comes out of it injury free because having to wait a year to see him fight again belt or no is going to suck.

Also everyone on earth should be rooting for Rothwell this weekend. He always says thanks to his fans after fights, made brendan Schaub chase butterflys and to see a chubby man knock out WHOAA BERRY PANTASTIC BODY would add to my favourite things about MMA.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yuriy posted:

i will be breaking my own rule of never rooting for a non-jacare brazilian to root for werdum

Werdum deserves support for destroying the myth of Fedor regardless imo

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
fuckin hate Shaub

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
James Thompson

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

fuckin hate Shaub

This brings us together. Whatever disagreements are had, no one likes Schaub.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Snowman_McK posted:

This brings us together. Whatever disagreements are had, no one likes Schaub.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

willie_dee posted:

James Thompson

Yes.

Tell us more.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Dana came in and he caught me red-handed
Unconscious doin' weight cut chores
Picture this, me with a big ol' knot on my head, lyin on the bathroom floor

How could I forget that I had gotten an extra 12 kilo?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

you might be in a pickle then because Werdum hardly ever fights too

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart

God look at his stupid hairline. I've never noticed it before, and I'm not sure how someone's hairline can irritate me, but here we are.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Is that a pocket square or some folded up newspaper?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

-Atom- posted:

you might be in a pickle then because Werdum hardly ever fights too

Because he's been waiting for Cain, mostly, not because he's constantly injured.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Because he's been waiting for Cain, mostly, not because he's constantly injured.

Werdum's last 5 fights:

• 6/18/11 vs Overeem
  • 2/4/12 vs Nelson: 231 day layoff
  • 6/23/12 vs Russow: 140 day layoff
  • 6/8/13 vs Big Nog: 350 day layoff
  • 4/19/14 vs Browne: 315 day layoff
  • 11/15/14 vs Cain: 210 day layoff
  • Average layoff time: 249 days

Cain's last 5 fights:

• 11/12/11 vs JDS
  • 5/26/12 vs Silva: 196 day layoff
  • 12/29/12 vs JDS: 217 day layoff
  • 5/25/13 vs Silva: 147 day layoff
  • 10/19/13 vs JDS: 147 day layoff
  • 11/15/14 vs Werdum: 392 day layoff
  • Average layoff time: 220 days

:science:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

i've never seen Cain fight anyone that wasn't JDS or Bigfoot

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

masato tatanka posted:

i've never seen Cain fight anyone that wasn't JDS or Bigfoot

Watch the Kongo fight and it will leave you really really confused.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
So someone that had Rory Macdonald's old phone number has been choosing his walkout music for years. The jig was finally up when the dude tried to get Rory to walk out to nickleback and the producer told Rory that was a no go.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/2/6097787/ufc-impostor-chose-rory-macdonalds-walkout-music-for-years

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MycroftXXX posted:

So someone that had Rory Macdonald's old phone number has been choosing his walkout music for years. The jig was finally up when the dude tried to get Rory to walk out to nickleback and the producer told Rory that was a no go.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/2/6097787/ufc-impostor-chose-rory-macdonalds-walkout-music-for-years

Cool, man

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I like Goldfinger too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ronda Rousey: world champion paper eater.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

So it is confirmed that Ronda was, in fact, a normal, nerdy rear end sixteen year old girl.

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Not surprising one of her favorite books was called "pretty girls in little boxes" considering her goal in the UFC is to kill as many women's career as possible

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mavis Beacon Boi posted:

So it is confirmed that Ronda was, in fact, a normal, nerdy rear end sixteen year old girl.

I don't know, in my book, nerdy rear end 16-year-olds don't ragdoll motherfuckers and get ranked #1 in anything that isn't ragdolling motherfuckers.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
From what I remember, most 16 year old girls arent nerdy, their super intimidating

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

Bundt Cake posted:

From what I remember, most 16 year old girls arent nerdy, their super intimidating

ronda was probably both.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol... Ronda is cool..

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
While that's all pretty funny the biggest shocker from it all is realizing Simpsons Road Rage came out when Ronda was 16. Jesus I'm old.

also i like scateboarding

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ronda walking out to Eve 6's "Inside Out" would totally work and I hope she does it

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Bunny ears...Ronda may be an otherkin.

-Atom- posted:

Ronda walking out to Eve 6's "Inside Out" would totally work and I hope she does it

Except Bad Reputation is pretty much the best entrance music in the sport right now...

Edit: Oh, and I think Werdum has the best chance of beating Cain of anyone at this point in time. He made Browne look like he didn't belong in the cage with him. He's good enough in the clinch (as well as bigger than Cain) so he might be able to handle that aspect of Cain's game, his distance striking is much improved, and taking him down is a bad idea. Cain is the rightful favorite, but this is definitely a compelling title fight. And to that comment about Aldo/Mendes II being the only less compelling one, that can't be true because Aldo/Mendes II is at least a little more compelling than the next Mighty Mouse defense.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 3, 2014

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
again, a collection of goons talking about heavyweight possible contenders and no mention of mark hunt

mark hunt will fight for the belt

absolute filth

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

I want to know what Ronda's band sounded like.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Fantastic, like all 16 year olds bands

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i think cain is a better matchup for hunt than jds was, but who knows how his mushy brain is doing.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Intel&Sebastian posted:

While that's all pretty funny the biggest shocker from it all is realizing Simpsons Road Rage came out when Ronda was 16. Jesus I'm old.

also i like scateboarding

Actually the game would have been a few years old by the time she made that profile, she'd have been around 14 :eng101:

That was painful to read but I think Ronda Rousey and I are kindred spirits, and that makes me feel weird.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
If Hunt has figured out kimuras in the last 8 years cain is done for.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dangersim posted:

If Hunt has figured out kimuras in the last 8 years cain is done for.

HUNTO via the most obtuse triangle ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toRCkxXxfAw

This is good/funny and I don't think it got posted ITT. Barao looks like a tween that got caught smoking (Medical Reasons)

A Keg fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 3, 2014

• Locked thread