Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
just gone to watch Rousey's walk out on fight pass & they've over dubbed Bad Reputation with Some Inhouse Bullshit. gently caress fight pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Hunt learns how to cardio he'd be unstoppable.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Don't give a drat about bad instrumentation

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

coconono posted:

if Hunt learns how to cardio he'd be unstoppable.

Yeah, but it would make him less lovable. The highs of being a Hunt fan wouldn't be as good without the wheezing, gasping lows.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

attackmole posted:

Yeah, but it would make him less lovable. The highs of being a Hunt fan wouldn't be as good without the wheezing, gasping lows.

otoh he'd have to hike his shorts up even more often if he lost weight which is like 30% of the reason to like hunt

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

just gone to watch Rousey's walk out on fight pass & they've over dubbed Bad Reputation with Some Inhouse Bullshit. gently caress fight pass.

Welp, guess I won't get Fight Pass after all. (Seriously though, is it worth it?)

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
mark hunt owns

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sprecherscrow posted:

Welp, guess I won't get Fight Pass after all. (Seriously though, is it worth it?)

it has all the old funny fights. I'm watching UFC 9 right now.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sprecherscrow posted:

The Dublin card that they put on fight pass was the best card I've watched since Anderson shattered his leg

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Sprecherscrow posted:

It has old fights, the occasional fight pass card, and Invicta. Is that worth it to you?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
There's also rumors/indications they may start adding other B-league shows like Ring of Combat, which would be pretty great.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sprecherscrow posted:

I don't know, do you like rewatching fights or having access to regional cards with a couple named fighters at the top?

There will be Invicta on Fight Pass this Saturday so there's that, too.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Fight pass is also handy for when a fighter like TJ dillashaw breaks out, and then you can review his old fights to see his development. I also miss tons of fights live, and it's nice/easy to catch them after the fact now.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ICHIBAHN posted:

Who cares?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
fight pass is awesome, that is all

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

There's also rumors/indications they may start adding other B-league shows like Ring of Combat, which would be pretty great.

Great, then they can have a playlist of every Weidman fight ever, including Weidman vs. Uriah Hall. In all seriousness I think I will go for it, if for no other reason than to watch Nick Diaz's original UFC run. If you are a person reading this and you haven't seen Diaz/Lawler or Diaz/Parisyan, go do that immediately.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Diaz/Diego is also very cool

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Sprecherscrow posted:

Great, then they can have a playlist of every Weidman fight ever, including Weidman vs. Uriah Hall. In all seriousness I think I will go for it, if for no other reason than to watch Nick Diaz's original UFC run. If you are a person reading this and you haven't seen Diaz/Lawler or Diaz/Parisyan, go do that immediately.

Back when Karo was good/other fighters were bad, he had some really fun fights.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Diaz/Diego is also very cool

Truth, as is the Jeremy Jackson fight, and the Oishi and Fickett fights are incredibly entertaining while they last (the Oishi is downright hilarious). He's just a fun dude to watch.

Gregor Samsa posted:

Back when Karo was good/other fighters were bad, he had some really fun fights.

You can make a nice little series of Karo/Nick, Nick/Diego, Diego/Karo which functions as a primer for a new fan on how grappling in MMA can be exciting.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If you were to ever get Fight Pass, this would be the month to do it, seeing as how they've got TWO Fight Pass events. Hell, I'd pay the full $60 for the Hunt/Nelson card.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
I have been putting off getting fight pass but I am going to get it for hunt v nelson, and I'm sure I'll get hooked on it shortly after that and pay the UFC 10 bucks a month until I die.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

ronda is so dang cool.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm not using it much, no, though I did watch Parisyan vs Sanchez earlier... plus it's cheap.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
why hasn't anyone said what made the twitterman say why cung why

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MycroftXXX posted:

I have been putting off getting fight pass but I am going to get it for hunt v nelson, and I'm sure I'll get hooked on it shortly after that and pay the UFC 10 bucks a month until I die.

I'm gonna get it for that card as well. They have a good chance on hooking me especially since my WWE Network sub expires a month later and I really haven't been happy with their product lately. Of course, UFC's had their own issues (albeit less self inflicted) on putting on compelling cards lately, but I want to check out some PRIDE as well.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Because no actual news broke about Cung Le, although Rich Franklin confirmed his retirement so maybe that's what he meant.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Triticum Guzzler posted:

no one should try to have MMASun elaborate on anything

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bluedeanie posted:

although Rich Franklin confirmed his retirement

Nope

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bluedeanie posted:

Because no actual news broke about Cung Le, although Rich Franklin confirmed his retirement so maybe that's what he meant.

Did he? That would have made more news I think. He just posted this on his twitter, dated today, and he's giving the same answer he always gives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pauhGTQbkag

That is he isn't sure if he's going to fight again but he hasn't ruled it out yet entirely.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Sorry you're right, I misread it. It says he WILL be retiring after his last contracted fight.

http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/8729/20140903/rich-franklin-confirms-retirement-competitive-mma.htm

That's what I get for paying attention to misleading clickbait headlines or even receiving MMA news at a website called chinatopix.com

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

And my app crashed so I double posted. I'm blowin' it today :saddowns:

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 3, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I miss Rich Franklin a lot and it sucks knowing he's only going to fight one more time :(

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I hope he wears his pink shorts. Nobody wears pink shorts anymore.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ariza posted:

I hope he wears his pink shorts. Nobody wears pink shorts anymore.

Phil Davis rocks the pinkies every time.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Jacare posted:

In Japan, I helped [Mousasi] to cut weight and after that I fought Mousasi on the same day. That's part of the sport. If he needs help this fight cutting weight, I will help him again no problem. We are friends out of the Octagon and we fight inside the Octagon. That's part of the sport. A few months ago, Mousasi was here in Brazil and we had lunch together.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

ICHIBAHN posted:

If you watch the whole event (and skip to the fight) it has the proper music.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Zwachro posted:

If you watch the whole event (and skip to the fight) it has the proper music.

oh really? thanks!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

good feels

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Despite having one of the worst fanbases in the sport, Mousasi is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

What was the deal with the octagon size at the Bendo vs Dos Anjos event? I remember WEC used a smaller cage but the Bendo/DA cage looked even smaller than that was.

• Locked thread