Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

david carmichael posted:

I skimmed through tate/nakai and one time the video landed on nakai doing a clay guida head weave and throwing a 1-2 from 4 feet away and it made me happy to see how far the sport has come

I can't find stats for that fight anywhere, but I was pretty sure Nakai never threw any kind of strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dangersim posted:

Broke his hand I think

Goddamn

Charles Gnarwin posted:

We are in the era of the perpetually injured champion.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
That's a pretty good replacement

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
a broken hand is ok because i was expecting another knee injury

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I feel bad for Jacare more than anyone in this case since he's going to have to fight again probably, or twiddle his thumbs for two more months.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Chris Weidman, Anthony Pettis, Cain Velasquez, and Jose Aldo need to live in a god drat bubble.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

-Atom- posted:

Chris Weidman, Anthony Pettis, Cain Velasquez, and Jose Aldo need to live in a god drat bubble.

And Dominic Cruz? Should he take up residence in Joe Rogan's 30 thousand dollar basement sensory deprivation float tank?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Who?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Joe Rogan. You may know him from his comedy or his awesome supplement store, Onnit.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

corillon posted:

I have an idea about the excuses and I think it has to do with building the courage back up to get in that cage. They make the excuses because if they admit they were beat it is harder to believe you can win next time. I still wish they would make fewer of them and some go further than others. Renan Barao is on a whole new level with excuses at this point, but I can appreciate why he would be. He needs to convince himself that he won't get beat like that again. He knows he can't improve his skills by say 10 or 20% in 6 months so what can he say to himself to convince himself the next fight will turn out different?

Am I making any sense here. It is working in my head but I am not sure if I am expressing myself well.

I think there is also a case of the leading question from the media that you never see. I'm not saying this is the case with the latest Roy excuse but when a question is posed as "It looked like that eye poke in the first round slowed you down, do you think that had an impact on the outcome of the fight?" When it's posed like that, it becomes pretty easy for a fighter to just agree.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Seltzer posted:

And Dominic Cruz? Should he take up residence in Joe Rogan's 30 thousand dollar basement sensory deprivation float tank?

Dominick Cruz isn't a current champion. Give it time and he can share one with Aldo.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Even if it isnt as good as the first fight, all of johny and robbies recent fights have been very good. and historically even robbies bad fights have been hilarious so i have very high hopes

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@SubZeroMMA: UFC on FOX 13 adds Joe Riggs vs. Ben Saunders.”

Bellator never die

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

argondamn posted:

I can't find stats for that fight anywhere, but I was pretty sure Nakai never threw any kind of strike.

She attempted some knees that weren't even close to connecting because of the height difference.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@danawhite 1m
FYI tomorrow is a NSAC hearing. Jones and Cormier, Wanderlei and Mayweather will all go before the commission. Live on Fight Pass 11:30am ET

Tomorrow at 11:30 ya'll

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
I pulled up bloodyelbow and saw the "yellow and black" lines they put at the top to show you there is a big announcement, or in most cases a lovely announcement. I literally screamed FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK as I walked through the parking lot after work as I saw Weidman/Belfort was off. I love watching Weidman fight and I really was excited for this fight.

Ugh middleweight is so shallow now that they've cut Carmont!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Why is mayweather going before the commission? Because maidana bit his fingers?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

mewse posted:

He was having the fighters in his gym go 100% in the gym and making bets on it

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Yuriy posted:

He was having the fighters in his gym go 100% in the gym and making bets on it

and yet Dana White paid $6k to have Joe Lauzona beat up Nick the Tooth, there is no justice in this world for a black man

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mewse posted:

Apparently his All Access show featured an amateur getting the poo poo beat out of them by a professional in a "sparring session" while people around the ring placed bets.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/11549327/floyd-mayweather-jr-appear-nevada-state-athletic-commission

Source/story

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

and yet Dana White paid $6k to have Joe Lauzona beat up Nick the Tooth, there is no justice in this world for a black man

Yea but beating up that annoying little poo poo is a public service

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mewse posted:

Skip Avansino wanted to touch base with one of his pals.

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

Apparently his All Access show featured an amateur getting the poo poo beat out of them by a professional in a "sparring session" while people around the ring placed bets.

Amateur boxing owns

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

I love, love, love how this is something the UFC produced.

Man, gently caress real sports. Our official hearings get a got dang poster! How cool is that?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Rustam Khabilov is in a funny twitter feud with Bobby Green, calling him out and telling him he didn't win the Thompson or Krause fights

Dagestan taking pointers from Chael or something lately between Khabib starting poo poo with most of the LW division and Rustam learning how to talk poo poo to Bobby Green

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

quote:

@Erik_Fontanez 59s
Shogun Rua reportedly signed a new, longterm UFC deal

That's not something I need or want

One shambling Brazilian retires, another one is resigned

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

fatherdog posted:

he clearly couldn't read the sign that said specifically not to do that.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

-Atom- posted:

Man, gently caress real sports. Our official hearings get a got dang poster! How cool is that?

so is there a GDT for this?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Dancing Peasant posted:

so is there a GDT for this?

there was last time but weve had some problems with GDTs being made after agent tough juice stopped making them (his were real good, rip)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I think I'll make one.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

NSAC GDT is up.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666977

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

you posted it in SAS rather than PSP bee-tee-dubs

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yuriy posted:

you posted it in SAS rather than PSP bee-tee-dubs

Well drat. If a mod could rectify that, that would be great.

E- wondered why I couldn't find the it's time tag.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

-Atom- posted:

I'm real excited for this mixtape to drop.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Charles Gnarwin posted:

We are in the era of the perpetually injured champion.

Seriously, is DJ the only champ that is healthy more often than injured? Maybe it just seems that way.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Ronda on suffering from addiction during her childhood:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MmTk2Gbl2E

Thankfully she redirected that into learning how to mangle human beings.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
oh Ronda???? she's a fake gamer girl!!!

*Ronda swoops in and breaks both my arms*

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Incendiary Pig posted:

Seriously, is DJ the only champ that is healthy more often than injured? Maybe it just seems that way.

Pettis is 4-1 UFC, Bendo 9-2, and Cerrone 11-3. But Pettis is the champ. I'm starting to believe that some of these guys are just quicker to call injury and withdraw from a fight moreso than that they're more easily injured. It makes sense from risk analysis perspective, but it sure makes for lovely viewing.

Jones hasn't been on the injury train too often, has he? I'm willing to forgive the toe and the Gustaffson fight layoffs, as at least we got to enjoy those injuries. For a while earlier in his reign it felt like Jones was the only champ defending his belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Also now that UFC is starting to clamp down on PED use a lot of the chemical recovery options are off the table.

• Locked thread