Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

question about fight pass; is there any way to stay logged in on the app or browser (Firefox)? I keep getting logged out after every session. cheers.

edit: also, do they hold back on putting on Fight Night shows too then? trying to watch the recent McGregor & Bispings fights but they're not there.

Are you checking the box that says keep me signed in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Greg Jackson posted:

They think they need an announcers desk like football but it just dilutes the product

I wish they would use that time to talk about techniques and tactics instead of trying to emulate the talking heads of football broadcasts.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Greg Jackson posted:

Soto is facing the opportunity of a lifetime! What do you think, Brian Stann

Yeah, I'd rather hear about whether a certain fighter should chain certain takedowns than hear about why tattooed fighter #37 has a ton of grit.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gregor Samsa posted:

Pettis is going to be on the Wheaties box. Jon Jones is not. This makes me smile.

Eat poo poo, Jon Jones.

I grew up with a ton of people that look and act like Pettis so yeah, this.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

Is anyone else really really hyped for this week's card?

Me, I am.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

When Brock was dealing with his illness they made an interim title fight between Mir and Carwin when it hadn't even been a full year yet.

They didn't have a timeline for Brock's return at that point. He could have sat out for 3 years for all the UFC knew.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
:drat:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Greg Jackson posted:

What was it they kept repeating on fight pass every commercial break? You've got a date with a ninja ballerina or something?

She loving trains at your gym and you don't know her name nor nickname? Shameful

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

how in the world is Machida's nickname not the Karate Hottie?!

Because the Dragon is a much better nickname when the person deserves to be called the Dragon. gently caress it, use both.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Overeem is terribly afraid of gassing and fights as such.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MagicCube posted:

I don't think Jacare would be too worried if Weidman took him down. I think he'd be quite content if that happened.

Right up until he gets punched in the face a bunch.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

willie_dee posted:

BJJ hasn't worked reliably from the bottom in like.... 6 years, or whenever Fedor first lost.

http://www.ufc.tv/video/mitch-clarke-vs-al-iaquinta-ufc-173

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I like watching his fights well enough but at the risk of beating a dead horse, I think Poirier is at his highest level of potential achievement in terms of winnable fights, and even that's not a lock.

That's barring an unforeseen leap in skill of defensive wrestling and grappling, too, but I really doubt that.

He's only 26, he's got plenty of time to round out his game.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Nelson will be the smallest(height and reach not weight) opponent Hunt has faced in the UFC.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

FOX Sports has a more complete story than what the local news I posted was reporting so yeah he tried to puke at the station before they could administer the test, which earned him the destruction and obstruction charges.

I could see obstruction but does puking actually lower your BAC? Seems like they should still be able to tell if he was drunk or not.

If he had a bunch of alcohol in his stomach instead of his bloodstream then yes it would make a difference. Diaz just crashes frat parties and binge drinks.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 12, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Szymanski posted:

24 stone? thats a lot of turkey tail

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3664667

Here is a lovely GDT.

Edit: I can't tell if my computer is jacked or if imgur isn't working.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I know we bring it up a lot but Fatherdog pointing out that BJ refers to chicken salad as a diet food has made me laugh to myself out of nowhere at odd times ever since it happened.

Penn is refering to a salad with chicken, not a tub of mayo with some chicken dropped in.

You know what BJ probably puts so much ranch dressing on that poo poo that it makes no difference.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Mark is going to get brh'd into oblivion because there is no reason it should happen, and as I've said before, there are no happy endings in combat sports.

You were just as wrong then.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Zhang Tiequan is still a bad fighter

My laughter will not prevent me from reporting you.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Solomonic posted:

I don't like this implication that we ever got off it.

Yeah

Horiguchi continues to own as does Mark Hunt, Lim and Kang.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah it's nice to see a fighter with relentless ground and pound that isn't just winging punches into arms and elbows.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what's the harm in letting someone who's 3-0 in the ufc and has looked impressive every time fight someone on the lower end of the top 10?

Yeah nobody is calling for a title shot. Although if they're giving them out to Cariaso it could go to any warm bodies.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 21, 2014

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

CommonShore posted:

If they want to build him into a contender and The Future Of Japanese MMA, they might want to do it cautiously. Something about him makes me worry that he'll be one of those fighters who looks invincible for a while before getting exposed and becoming the butt of jokes. Perhaps I just want to see that fun ride drawn out a bit before someone like Zach Makovsky puts him on his back and takes a 30-27 from him.

Someone mentioned it in the gameday thread but as soon as he left the cage he ignored security to shake hands with a group of teenage girls. He is the next Masato.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Barbosa vs Green semi main too.

Cool

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Is Cruz/Mizu seriously a prelim fight? Even for one of those highlight matches leading into a PPV that seems too big of a deal.

p.s. Go Mizugaki

McGregor vs Poirier should be the prelims main event imo.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

On the other hand, it's a super-visible slot to reintroduce viewers to a guy who's been gone three years, which is kind of important if he's going to fight for a title right afterwards

Mizu has also won 5 in a row so getting him some hype could be prudent.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Belle Isle Tech posted:

No it isn't, Yolo vs Tim Kennedy is the second fight on the main card.

Anything that isn't the main event is the undercard.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Seltzer posted:

In practice when it comes to MMA everybody calls anything on the main portion of the the card the main card or the main, it's stupid to split hairs over. But yea, only main events are 5 rds unless there is a belt on the line or other special circumstance.

I wasn't talking about any of those words. I was talking about the word undercard.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

It's not like Dom's opponents are easy finishes either, dude.

Cruz has said (paraphrasing) "I have tiny hands, what do you want me to do?"

He's also broken both of his hands: http://www.cagepotato.com/gross-picture-of-the-day-dominick-cruzs-hand/ http://mmavalor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/dominick-cruz-hands.jpg

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Sprecherscrow posted:

Look, I want to like him, but I still resent him for beating Jorgensen.

He put on a clinic in that fight. poo poo was great.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

I'm like 95% sure I'll be going to the Fight Night in Austin, potentially as "media" which would suck because then I can't cheer for OPLOT PRIDE, Dagestan Trashweight and Yves goddamn Edwards.

Any Tejas goons making the trek for this? Tickets go on sale October 17th, so if I don't get credentials (Probably for tweeting mean things about Dana), we can throw in on some tickets, steal some hats and whatnot.

I might.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What're they going to do with Betch Korea?

She can keep bumping and grinding I guess.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dangersim posted:

I don't why but I think Barao would kick the poo poo out of Cruz's legs.

He might stop after getting knee tapped a few times.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lamadrid posted:

What has Tim Kennedy done to be so hated ?

He was bland and boring in the JRE but besides that I don't know anything about him.

He was in the army and whines about things so people hate him.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

henkman posted:

He was holding Yoel's wrist

It looks like his fingers get hooked inside the glove while Yoel is retreating.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
His takedowns are actually pretty mediocre but his top control is really good. He's basically a giant, white, whiny Crusher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I would give anything for Bermudez/McGregor within a year, that fight would rule and probably wouldn't be over in 1 rd.

"I think this is the perfect time for this fight, I really do."

vvv I had no idea that fight was booked, cool.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 29, 2014

• Locked thread