Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Marching Powder posted:

i hate gil bear for hardballing his way into a title shot over a slew of other more legitimate contenders but i hope to gently caress he beats pettis because i get the feeling this theme will be recurring

outside of just wanting Gil to be active, I don't see why this would annoy you. Tony has been injured all year and LW has been in a strange spot in the interim

outy posted:

If tiny welterweight Melvin Manheof can turn Hunto's lights out, then I'm pretty sure Roy "Big oval office" Nelson can do the same. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst :(

Also, Sean McCorkle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dangersim posted:

Also I remember bas having some ridiculous theory that hunt was knocked out by hitting his head on manhoefs cup on the way down

Bas Rutten says a lot of things

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Fighters in the same weight class calling out Bisping is old hat. I mean, even Urijah Faber has called out DJ MikeyB

I yearn for the day when a female fighter throws out the Bisping jab.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ariza posted:

(Iaquinta/Damm may be bad but we'll at least get to hear Serra screaming)

The only thing bad about Al Iaquinta fights are when he does something stupid, but other than that he's the man and everyone should be jazzed up for Raging Al.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The announcers desk in the arena sucks regardless of who happens to be paneling, but when they go in studio and Stann, Cruz, or DC start breaking down fights is my jam.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

You know what, people keep making this argument and it genuinely bugs me.

The fight was a long time ago, he spent a lot of time in the #2 promotion around (Bellator): What would you have him do?

What 170lbs fighter would you have him fight outside the UFC?

He keeps winning, he keeps finishing fights, he has a large following and more buzz than the majority of UFC fighters

It's not like the dude can manifest better competition, he just demolishes anything that's in front of him.

Have you still not watched the fight?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't see how anything else the rest of the year would change things unless Weidman snaps both of Vitor's feet or something.

yeah, I think as it stands right now you have TJ being the front runner with Weidman being in close consideration if he pulls off some highly refined violence on Victor Gracie

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 3, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

The only less compelling title fight is Aldo V Mendes.

Why?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

Atom I already made the thread mad pointing out that mendes is going to get unceremoniously slaughtered like he did the first time. I dont wanna get in another stupid fight about it

I can appreciate that Aldo beating Mendes is likely, but I still find the rematch to be very enticing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Google Butt posted:

Is overeem going to retire after he loses to Rothwell?

Pray for Big Ben's guts because they are going to die on Friday

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Yuriy posted:

i will be breaking my own rule of never rooting for a non-jacare brazilian to root for werdum

cain barely fights and its annoying

you might be in a pickle then because Werdum hardly ever fights too

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ronda walking out to Eve 6's "Inside Out" would totally work and I hope she does it

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sprecherscrow posted:

Welp, guess I won't get Fight Pass after all. (Seriously though, is it worth it?)

I don't know, do you like rewatching fights or having access to regional cards with a couple named fighters at the top?

There will be Invicta on Fight Pass this Saturday so there's that, too.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Triticum Guzzler posted:

why hasn't anyone said what made the twitterman say why cung why

no one should try to have MMASun elaborate on anything

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bluedeanie posted:

although Rich Franklin confirmed his retirement

Nope

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I miss Rich Franklin a lot and it sucks knowing he's only going to fight one more time :(

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
UFC Fight Night GDT: jacare_gator_crawl.gif

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
re: Ian McCall's hand

quote:

2 breaks 3 surgeries and now an infection lol ... This was 8 days ago and I'm all better now. I had MRSA years ago so I'm very susceptible to things like this after it's already in my system #handproblems

:nms: :nms:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Anthony Johnson potentially contending for the light heavyweight title in the year 2015 is why I follow this sport

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
AND if Anthony Johnson does get by Gustafsson, he would have had the hardest road to the title (Davis, Nog, and Gus) during Jon's reign

you know what, that says more about the 205lb division then it does about Anthony Johnson

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 4, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

Also, somebody should get a GDT up.

yo Agent Tough Juice, stop having a life. tia

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

heeebrew posted:

Got me too.

Just bought fight pass, can I watch tonight's fights on fight pass?

No, there is no Fight Pass portion for tonight's card.

You can, however, watch Invicta 8 tomorrow on the service.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@RJcliffordMMA posted:

Hearing some bad news from the prelims ...

:munch:

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 5, 2014

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Dana White on July 2nd: "This guy (Thiago Silva) will never fight in the UFC again."

Dana White on September 5th: Dana White just confirmed to MMAJunkie that Thiago Silva is indeed back with the UFC.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

This is a plot to make us like Jon Jones

Just let it happen

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

Wrong black guy

Hahaha

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
would some kind soul make a gif of Weidman celebrating after Al's win? because it warmed my heart

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

-Atom- posted:

would some kind soul make a gif of Weidman celebrating after Al's win? because it warmed my heart

canoshiz posted this in IRC and I thank him, even if he didn't make it

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
lmao Overeem is garbage

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

MycroftXXX posted:

at least watch the lauzon fight but yeah the whole thing was good

I really thought Chiesa was going to win big against Lauzon, but Joe was just relentless.

He really needed that big win last night.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

doverhog posted:

Karate Hottie would be a better name if she was more like Machida, but sadly there is only one Machida.

how in the world is Machida's nickname not the Karate Hottie?!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Alistair Overeem was knocked out by Ben Rothwell

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I would prefer to see Jacare getting the December title shot over Vitor, especially deflated balloon Vitor

Vitor literally has to pay for every test the NSAC deems fit from his joke of a hearing to the fight in December

there's still plenty of time for Vitor to fail the test on his own dime

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Y'all seem to be forgetting that the Wide Man needs to get by the Young Dinosaur before your fantasy breakdown with Jacare comes to fruition

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Gregor Samsa posted:

Maybe TAM wants him as their head coach.

This is basically it. Duane was hired on as a striking coach when Master Thong basically hosed off for like 16 weeks without telling anyone but Duane also provided structure to workouts, game planning, and and overall method to the madness that was non-existent prior to his tenure with the gang of shirtless men.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ariza posted:

I was curious about Askren, so I looked up the murderer's row that he's faced thus far:

Methinks he'd lose to anyone in the top 15 in the UFC, even Mike Pyle. He definitely doesn't deserve a title shot based on beating a pile of fighters that either washed out of the UFC or weren't good enough to make it.

I don't think Askren deserves a title fight right off the bat, but I think a top 15 welterweight is definitely something that needs to happen before he retires.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Lloyd Boner posted:

The outcome was that JLau beat Chiesa. Chiesa is the sorest loving loser. He ran out of the cage when he got choked out by Masvidal too.

The Masvidal loss was unfortunate because (if I remember correctly) he was winning up until the last second submission and he was fighting in his hometown and put that kind of occasion up on a pedestal.

Not excusing his behavior, just shedding some light on why he may have not been the most reasonable of fellows at that exact moment.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
To be fair if Joe Lauzon fought Michael Chiesa in prison it would never happen because Lauzon would be in isolation for being such a violent mother fucker

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

John Cena posted:

Is Benavidez/Ortiz going to be the main event for the Nov 22 FS1 show in Austin? That feels kind of weak, even for a FN card.

Ehh, it's a fight night card. And if Ortiz gets by JoeyB then he's basically assured a title shot. Not sure what they do with Benavidez if he wins though.

That card isn't exactly on fire as it stands right now. Hell, Luke Barnatt is probably on the main card for crying out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Travis Browne and Brenden Schaub are scheduled to fight at UFC 181, which is to say that Brenden is gonna get knocked out hilariously bad

• Locked thread