Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I think making GBS threads into my own mouth is a better use of my time than trying to sell car parts on craigslist.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I don't have any kids to beat the poo poo out of, if anyone wants me to come over and beat theirs I will.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

cursedshitbox posted:

I've something you can beat.

nope

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I found a house I want.

It has a ton of new poo poo and a heated large garage.

Price is in my budget.

There is a power substation across the street about 250m away that tanks the gently caress out of the price. Going to do a drive by of the place tonight, probably going to get cancer.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

You know what that means right? No way are your lights going to flicker when you let fly with a thousand-amp welder.

I'm going to see if I can run a high gauge cord from the substation straight to my welder.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

goatse guy posted:

I have missed Rhyno though. I wonder if his friends are still lovely?

That is a question we all know the answer to.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

meatpimp posted:

First they came for your R12, now they're coming for your R134a.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...95f0_story.html

Kastein and I certainly aren't helping the situation every time we go to the junkyard.

*green geyser shooting into the air*

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Motronic posted:

This is the typical "I hate iDevices" rant I hear. So let me explain it to you as simply as possible: if you need to do those things the device was NOT designed for you. Most people do not need to do any of that, or even really grasp what any of it is. This is the bulk of the market, and who these wildly popular devices were designed for. The sales numbers speak for themselves.

I hate iDevices, but holy hell I love servicing them in a work environment vs android/winmo.

100+ attorneys who regularly drop their phones in lakes and it is awesome when they roll up with a new iphone and I get them going in two seconds vs android where every drat phone is different due to each manufacturer thinking their way is best blah blah blah.

I am happy to have the choice to use a phone that lets me do what I want, and that there is an option for people who need a glorified technological playpen:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Ug I am so tired of coworkers blind fowarding me emails.

I don't know how to use the dictation server YOU set up, why the gently caress are you forwarding me this email regarding it?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I usually dont swear much in the garage, but I have been known to call people dick bagels.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Anyone else played Wasteland 2 yet? Part of their dev strategy was to cobble together art assets as cheaply as possible. So they used some stuff that was already floating around in the Unity art store. For cars, that apparently included these guys:

I've wanted to know if this was worth playing, but the thread in games doesn't really tell me without reading a lot.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

I've been saying that for a year but according to a bunch of people who should know better, it's clearly the fault of my phone being old, not the fact that snapchat was written by morons who wouldn't know an API call or a return code if it kicked them in the dick.

Just get a samsung made in the last decade dude

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

huge displacement motors are awesome to learn on vs something with a lovely 4cyl.

Good job. Now learn to heel toe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Cage posted:

I ran into some hilarious issues learning on a V8. Let the clutch out a little too fast get pushed into your seat, take your foot off lurch forward, try to accelerate again but at this point Im just ping ponging from my seat into the gas so its not smooth at all.

But in traffic you can work around that, vs a 4cyl where its....

stall
stall
stall
hillstop stall roll backwards while crying
stall
stall

Taught my sister on her I6 jeep and it was just let the clutch out in 1 and you're good to go.

• Locked thread