Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Haven't heard any mention of Wacky Racers either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

meatpimp posted:

Edit: ironically, eBay logins are impossible for a large percentage of users at the moment.

First eBay has issues, then facebook goes down in the same day?
Something is going on
:tinfoil:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Cakefool posted:

Cat missing :(

I hope you mean exhaust and not pet :ohdear:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Cakefool posted:

Hey she could still come back, maybe she got trapped in a shed or garage somewhere and she'll be let out, stranger things have happened.

Anyway, better news, our tenants are looking into buying the house we're renting to them, not definite yet but that would be great. I'll be able to get a 3 bed with a garage.

When I was a kid we had a cat that never went outside, it managed to get lost for 6 weeks before someone found it

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Snapchat chat I'm freelop722.

Planning on finally getting to the local dirt circuit tonight after someone said good things about them a few months back.

Going to take my camera but I'm really not sure how to take photos in the dark of high speed objects without it being a terrible blur

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Goober Peas posted:

Ok, so what exactly is a freelop? Other than a creepy Happy Meal box sans peepers. Google-fu provides no help.

A made up word that came out of frustration when trying to make a username years ago.

The speedway was awesome.

There was UK modifieds

F1 Stox

And V8 Stox

http://imgur.com/a/VG291
More there for those interested

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

AI probably has the highest mean age out of the subforums on here.
I bring it down a little, I was 6 when Cat Terrist met his ex :D

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Sometimes I hear people from the US talking about lending friends their cars.
Over here in the UK I'm 90% sure that if they aren't declared as a named driver it would be classed as driving without insurance which if caught is baaad.
Is the law different in the states or does insurance cover anyone you chuck your keys at? (Or do people just not worry about getting caught?)

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txj6ROnIUIo

Ducktales theme with real ducks

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

KozmoNaut posted:

gently caress you Apple and U2, you gigantic sacks of poo poo :argh:

I've been given an iPad Air through this course I'm taking on process management, which is all well and good. It's a pretty slick piece of hardware and OS, and the tablet-focused app ecosystem is miles ahead of the Android equivalent (99% of all Android apps are designed almost exclusively for phones). The screen is obviously amazing with 260ppi or whatever, I used to have a 225ppi Android tablet before, but this renders text even better.

But suddenly, a goddamn U2 album shows up in the music library because Tim Cook and Bono apparently can't stop choking on each others sanctimonious rich white dude dicks and have decided to give away the latest shitshow U2 album for free. Of course, they do this by forcing it on literally everyone with an Apple ID and/or iTunes account.

I don't want that poo poo. I hate U2 with the burning passion of a trillion suns. I hate Bono and his holier-than-thou attitude and his stupid-rear end sunglasses. I hate The Edge because gently caress you, you don't get to be edgy or cool just because you change your name, learn to play the guitar instead. And I hate those two other dudes that no one can remember, because they suck too. I hate them all, and I hate the pussification of rock music for which they stand.

I want that poo poo gone. I do not want even the slightest trace of anything related to U2 anywhere. But noooo, you can't delete a "purchase" from iTunes, you can only "hide" it. That's not good enough. Pull your poo poo together, Apple.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29157217

You aren't the only one who isn't a fan of U2

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Bit of fog on the roads today.
Time to activate SAFETY BEAMS!

I think the logic is that you don't have to worry about things appearing in the fog if you are already totally blinded.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

It's not a good thing when the engine revs up after changing up a gear without a speed increase is it? :(

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Fart Pipe posted:

Sounds like new clutch time.

At only 26.6K miles?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Had someone over to try and talk me into solar panels.

Is there a good thread around to help me translate the salesmanese?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Clutch and front pads changed. £365.
Not as bad as it could have been but I really, really could have done with that money in my pocket.

Now I'm having to get used to the clutch feeling totally different and brakes that bite a lot harder,

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Remember to secure your load properly!

e:fb in a different thread. Used the same joke too

freelop fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 19, 2014

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

goatse guy posted:

Craigslist complaining? I have more. I spotted my future husband while driving last week and he smiled and waved at me. I took my chances and made a missed connections as that was pretty specific, and I got four responses that were all claiming to be him. One of them actually was him though, so for once Craigslist actually worked.

Did you go out and buy a lottery ticket yet?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Goober Peas posted:

So when the coffee pot says "discard if chipped or cracked" they mean it. I had one with a tiny chip in the spout blow up on me this morning.

Does that apply to glasses that only have cold drinks?

I have a martini glass with a small crack in it but I don't want to have to go and buy another

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Just back everything up to the cloud

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

trouser chili posted:

I came across this picture today. It's my uncle in 1954 sitting in the car he bought while underage after lying to a bank in order to convince them to loan him $16,500 to buy it. He then dropped out of Yale and spent a time in hiding from his father and racing the car.

My grandfather eventually tracked him down though. Having found my uncle and discovering this purchase, and the subsequent loan, refused to pay for the car, and being that my uncle was not old enough to sign a contract, the bank could not collect.

Unfortunately my uncle has since passed away and I do not know what happened to the car. He was considerably older than my father, roughly 15 years, and was a notorious playboy.

Anyway, try to guess the car. It took me a bit but I'm pretty sure I've got it.

My guess is a 1954 Ferrari Mondial

e: huge image
ee: actually seeing the 2 pictures together it clearly isn't

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Is it wrong to like the look of the 2014 beetle?
The original style is still better but of the "new beetles" this one seems really quite nice. There's been a few on the roads locally

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Remove the cable and sell it then blame it on the local theiving gypos

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I've never had a speeding ticket because if I sped the tracker in the car would tell the insurance company on me.

I imagine that in the future they will be integrated into electric cars which will automatically limit the speed of the car to whatever the local speed limit is.

Sorry for helping ruin the future guys

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

HotCanadianChick posted:

Why in the hell did you get insurance with a stupid dongle in your car? Cancel that poo poo and get insurance from another company.

Because it was £400 cheaper and continues to be cheaper

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Had a dream last night that my car accelerated up to 145 mph before losing control and crashing.

Today whilst driving I noticed that the dial only goes as high as 110 mph

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Had to drive just over 100 miles, luckily most of it was motorway

It took 5 and a quarter hours

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Tinder broke a nearly 2 year dry spell.

It's pretty good.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

We did a snapchat name swap in here not long ago
I'm freelop722 if you want to add

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

September will go on forever in our hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

IOC please rename this thread to "STR bowl update" and lock it to everyone except him.

• Locked thread