Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
"Did you know that the Fiat 500 comes in 15 different colors!?"

Yeah, and Fiat is the 7th largest auto manufacturer in the world and the 500 isn't a Japanese RWD roadster, so who the gently caress cares?

32 hours...

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Viggen posted:

Yes, this is AI. Why am I not driving? I can fly out and RENT a car for about what gas would cost round trip. Shame they live in $AAB$PENSIVE zone. I'd try to grab a cheapy and limp it home for the folks, since they're down their two vehicles.

I have to go to Florida this weekend because my last grandparent passed away. Hop on Kayak... Cool, $400 for a flight from Raleigh to Orlando with a stop in Miami; 6 hour total flight time plus getting a rental car and driving down to Vero Beach (1.5-2 hours).

Or just bite the bullet and drive myself 650 miles for 2 tanks of gas for the same amount of time. Ughhhhhh...

My body is ready for high speed rail.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
E: appreciate it, but all of my family lives on the east coast of FL

kastein posted:

I recommend the driving, just make sure your GPS knows that you have to go to tail of the dragon on the way there... and on the way home, too.

My condolences :( I've only got one grandparent left, fortunately she's doing just fine and I wouldn't be surprised if she sees 110.

It's about 350 miles straight west to US129, I need to just do 650 miles straight south.

Thinking about leaving Friday afternoon, get in around midnight, and leave Sunday morning to be back in time for dinner on Sunday. This weekend is gonna be R O U G H.

Phone fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 3, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Not to be all "gently caress you, dad!" to IOC, but me reading mnet has paid off in dividends.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Both you and Super Aggro sound like lovely people to be around.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Darchangel posted:

.... while also not being able to discipline the little fuckers, because, oh my God, you might hurt their self-esteem, let alone spank the little bastards, as they so richly deserve.

"Physical abuse is cool"
-Darchangel, 2014

Also keykey, you're a giant baby.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

keykey posted:

That's not quite the issue at hand. The issue is the system is churning out kids/adults that are led to believe that just because they go to school they are entitled to a job or even a certain standard. that's not the way it works, you have to work and be willing to accept the poo poo jobs to begin with to build a resume and to not only realize an opportunity, but take it. As of now, it's more of a congrats, you have a bachelors, so does drat near everybody else. A bachelors is the new high school diploma. Honestly, the program we have here where students will earn the highest amount of money out of this place because we have instructors that work in the industry with a direct line of work is welding. Guess what we are cutting next year so we can pad more programs that are worthless until you get a masters? Don't get me wrong, school is great, however somewhere along the way we have lost the greater vision of vocational programs. Believe it or not, not everybody who graduates with a psychology degree will be a psychologist.

Nah, the issue at hand is always this quarter's profits. Worker productivity is at an all time high, record profits are posted every quarter, and only if people would stop being so lazy and get a poo poo job then we wouldn't have any of this! The problem is more base and systemic than you think and it really comes down to the straight up greed of corporations.

I do agree with you on the vocational stuff, but you're shooting the messenger by placing the blame at academia's feet.

sigtrap posted:

That "my job is harder than yours" thing is a bottomless pit, anyway. There's always someone who has to wake up earlier or dig a deeper hole or whatever

Computer janitor harder, etc.

Phone fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 5, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Darchangel posted:

NOT what I said, stop trolling. Discipline is not abuse. The touchy-feely poo poo that they're trying to use now for a while isn't turning out stellar members of society, is it?

What he said. I learned not to do bad/stupid things from negative reinforcement, until I was mentally mature enough to understand non-physical, non-immediate consequences.

Just because you don't understand something, it doesn't mean that it isn't effective or a not a good idea. The mechanisms behind child development and whether or not a child was spanked as a child are well known.

Also, I have a strong feeling that csb was being facetious; however, I don't want to share or misrepresent his childhood.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

blk posted:

I'm thinking of dropping FB and just using Instagram for social when I get a new phone. The Nexus 4 camera is terrible; I might go back to the iPhone next week or wait for Nexus 6.

I went from an iPhone4 to Nokia Lumia 920 to Nexus 4 to Nexus 5. The N5 makes the N4 look like dogshit; it's such a better handset in every regard.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I can't fall asleep! I want to leave for Florida in like 4 hours!

I'm seriously debating just hopping in the car right now. :/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Fucknag posted:

Why the gently caress would you leave anywhere else for Florida?

Funeral.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Can we get a cool off period for talking about cars needing power and pedantically defining a PROPER SPORTS CAR? I get it that people are mad about the Toyobaru twins and poo poo, but if I wanted to see endless horsepower pondering, I could go to literally any other auto website. It's a boring topic that gets brought up all the loving time.

Alternatively, allow it and rename this place Automotive Sanity.

Phone fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 15, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nodoze posted:

It's more fun to drive a "slow" car fast anyway

e: unless the reason that it handles like a land barge

IT'S LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE FUN IN A CAR THAT DOES HAVE 50HP MORE THAN WHAT IT CAME WITH FROM THE FACTORY. AS CHIEF OF THE FUN POLICE, I'M ORDERING YOU TO SEND YOUR ECU TO MY COUSIN IN ROMANIA FOR A FLASH. NO DUDE, ITS LEGIT TRUST ME, NO MORE TORQUE DIP. THE F20 IS THE BEST loving MOTOR.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Smashed two screens over the past 2 days. The Nexus 5 met the pavement due to the ridiculous spring my work has on it's door; however, Google has an exemption that was just published literally 10 days ago.

Silver lining?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

nm posted:

Hey, always listen to experience I say.

Hey, move back to Minneapolis so I can ask you on a hot date next month and we can talk about the finer points of Mazda2 ownership. Thanks in advance.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Goober Peas posted:

Philosophical question: which is better - being the fuckee or being the fucker?

Yes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cool. Another day of loving around with getting a new phone.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Sinestro posted:

You're trying to have a kid?

When a man accidentally drops his Nexus 5 onto the pavement, the Google Play Store and UPS driver get together and deliver a new (to me) Nexus 5 the next day. And then when that Nexus 5 keeps on restarting randomly, the Google Play Store and UPS get together and deliver a new (to me) Nexus 5 the next day. And then when th

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
IT'S HAPPENING

In other news, working from home owns.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tide posted:

I don't know what that is but it looks tasty as hell. Makes me want to go get Thai food for lunch.

Iron Leg chili. Going to reduce it down so you have to use a knife to eat it.

I used:
2 lbs of stew meat
1 lbs of chop meat (93% ground beef)
1 lb of chorizo
Light and dark kidney beans
Whole tomatoes
A few chipoltes
4 jalapenos
2 medium yellow onions
various spices including chili powder that I made back in February (might be a bit stale but whatevs, just had barely enough)
For liquid: beef broth, Mexican coke, and some coffee (usually use a coffee porter, but need to make it gluten free)

Phone fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 19, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

Well back in the day I made a living with two 20D's.

But I had glass that was worth a helluva lot more than the bodies :v:

[edit] But honestly, if you don't want to learn how to shoot manually don't bother with an slr because it won't make much of a difference over most P&S cameras these days.

I have some Fuji X series stuff. Mirrorless is pretty awesome and Fuji is knocking it out of the park. <3 my X-E1 and 35mm f/1.4

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Are Nikons uncommon in the US?

Everything is Cannikon unless if it's mirrorless, then it's M4/3 or Fuji X system.

Everyone uses an iPhone.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

leica posted:

You got me curious and I looked into this......Seriously thinking about ditching my slr now because I loved my rangefinder Leica/35mm setup and just got tired of dealing with film. This looks like the next best thing in digital form because no way am I ever gonna be able to afford Leica digital cameras.

PM me some example images when you get a chance, will ya?

If you want a 35mm rangefinder, the Fuji X100T was just announced:
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x100t/
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2468689,00.asp

I'm an awful shot, but you'll have some PMs.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This is AI as gently caress:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY73f1bRO6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Looks like I'm finally selling the 6-speed after it being on CL for a few weeks. Freaked out a friend when I told them that I was meeting a dude off of CL who's interested in trannies. :pervert:

Also I have poor impulse control and bought this (along with brakes for the Mazda2 (lol $70 for the fronts)):

I don't know why I'm so excited to have a radio in the kitchen, but I am.

some texas redneck posted:

You know, I'm not a fan of Tracy Morgan in the slightest (I consider him to be a homophobic jackass with the IQ of a couple of rocks), but apparently WalMart is saying it's his fault that he wound up in the hospital... after getting hit in a limo by a WalMart 18 wheeler.

:wtc:

I'm usually the first to side with the truck driver, but holy poo poo, the driver of the Walmart truck has already stated he fell asleep immediately before the accident, and that he'd been awake over 24 hours. How much more of a slam dunk case do you need? Adding to that, the NTSB has already decided the truck was at least 20 mph over the speed limit (guessing he was going downhill, since no way in hell did that happen on flat ground or uphill).

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/29/justice/tracy-morgan-crash/

tl;dr I hit your car and killed a couple of people and hosed you up bad, but it's your fault for not wearing a seat belt in a vehicle that normally doesn't have seat belts.

Please keep in mind that Wal-Mart's HR department has resources on hand to help employees apply for food stamps because they don't pay their loving employees a liveable wage. All hail the GLORIOUS job creators, etc.

• Locked thread