Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Blitz7x posted:

You'd be surprised at how bad the draft picks pan out

He said "have to" not "want to."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

Blitz or Volker correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Raiders now going to have their 1st round, 2nd round, and 3rd round picks all start Week 1?

I think I read something about Khalif Barnes starting at RT, in which case, yes.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
WWE just publicly announced on RAW that they want Michael Sam to show up next week. They're going to give him an "open mic" to say anything he wants. Even carnys know it's crazy he didn't land on a practice squad.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

that sounds like an incredibly bad idea

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Call out Goodell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nrr posted:

that sounds like an incredibly bad idea

I'd be pretty stunned if he did it. Or rather if he did it and called anyone out, he might go there and yell at wrestlers because it's fun.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Call out Goodell.

bah gawd that's roger goodell's music

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chris James 2 posted:

So that's probably it for Matt Schaub being a starting QB without an injury helping him, huh

Gonna blame Suh for kicking him in the groin. He was never the same after that :smith:

More like Albert fuckin' Haynesworth's fat rear end breaking his foot in 2011, which had the side effect of ultimately killing Houston's Superbowl chances that year. :sigh:

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Volkerball posted:

Call out Goodell.
One of the announcers said Goodell should show up so him and Sam could have a debate lol

Also I sincerely doubt Sam does it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Blitz7x posted:

You'd be surprised at how bad the draft picks pan out

No we wouldn't

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Grittybeard posted:

I'd be pretty stunned if he did it. Or rather if he did it and called anyone out, he might go there and yell at wrestlers because it's fun.

Actually, now I have this selfish desire for Michael Sam to do it, yell at some wrestlers, pin some mook running in on him, and launch a career as the new The Rock. gently caress being being a fringe NFL player, be a champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's an attempt to get viewers because they know MNF's gonna clobber them, and no matter where they go with it it'll be handled poorly.

bhsman posted:

More like Albert fuckin' Haynesworth's fat rear end breaking his foot in 2011, which had the side effect of ultimately killing Houston's Superbowl chances that year. :sigh:

I forgot all about that. That's pretty horrible, all things considered. Think of where he could have ended up if he hadn't been fallen on and kicked in the nuts.

I'll never forget you Schaub :smith:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Atticus Finch posted:

One of the announcers said Goodell should show up so him and Sam could have a debate lol

Also I sincerely doubt Sam does it.

I don't think he will either. But I also figured he'd turn the reality show down, so who knows. Have fun, kid. Life is short.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Atticus Finch posted:

WWE just publicly announced on RAW that they want Michael Sam to show up next week. They're going to give him an "open mic" to say anything he wants. Even carnys know it's crazy he didn't land on a practice squad.

They gave the same open mic thing to Glenn Beck and he never showed up either.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

alpha_destroy posted:

Actually, now I have this selfish desire for Michael Sam to do it, yell at some wrestlers, pin some mook running in on him, and launch a career as the new The Rock. gently caress being being a fringe NFL player, be a champion.

You know they'd eventually just do some lame angle with Goldust or Billy/Chuck and go "What?" if confronted.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Space Gopher posted:

Well, the other candidate was Percy Harvin.

Actually the back up punt returned is Richard Sherman :eng101:

Goddamit Pete just use some 7th string wide out stop risking our top guys.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Moon posted:

Goddamit Pete just use some 7th string wide out stop risking our top guys.

Rod Woodson returned 260 punts and 220 kicks in his career. Didn't stop doing it until he was 30.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Rod Woodson returned 260 punts and 220 kicks in his career. Didn't stop doing it until he was 30.

Surprised you chose this example, but yeah it's been done quite a bit. Seems like it fell out of favor in the early 2000s though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

Surprised you chose this example, but yeah it's been done quite a bit. Seems like it fell out of favor in the early 2000s though.

Rod Woodson is extremely my poo poo.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Bad Moon posted:

I would be just fine with two season-ending injuries to punt returners Thursday :getin:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
not cool man not cool

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Volkerball posted:

not cool man not cool

If you don't wish death upon your rivals than you're probably not a real fan. Are you really telling me you don't wish for Manning to lose his right thumb in a hilarious pizza cutter accident?

Spoeank posted:

I would be just fine with two season-ending injuries to punt returners Thursday :getin:

:hfive:

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

Spoeank posted:

I hope your entire team is arrested before the game starts

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Jaysus posted:

Don't forget that Lockette and Cox played for the Seahawks too, so it isn't like your team is free of rapists.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh. Good. You're back.

:geno:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jaysus posted:

Too late!

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Jim Harbaugh posted:

Don't forget that Lockette and Cox played for the Seahawks too, so it isn't like your team is free of rapists.

I don't know if we can say what Cox did was "played." He was signed and released within a day, wasn't he?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jaysus posted:

I don't know if we can say what Cox did was "played." He was signed and released within a day, wasn't he?

His MO is getting in and getting out

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Bryan Walters is back on the roster, yeah? What are the chances he might return something?

Jim Harbaugh
Aug 29, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Jaysus posted:

If you guys can claim Jerry Rice then you can claim Cox too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm pretty pumped about the Bengals new crop of rookies, especially their new C, Bodine.

Kyle Cook turned from decent to awful shockingly fast.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

Rod Woodson is extremely my poo poo.

I just figured someone else would have come to mind first. Someone who for the record I think should be in the hall even though he was a dirty Raider forever instead of just when he was old and broken.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

NicelyNice posted:

Bryan Walters is back on the roster, yeah? What are the chances he might return something?

My guess is he will have that job, honestly.

The fumble in the last game was his first fumble of his entire football life apparently.

Also, I don't think we can claim Jerry Rice? Even though he did actually play in 11 games for us, whereas Cox only played none.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I believe in Derek Carr

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Harlock posted:

I believe in Derek Carr

CON:
his eyes look a little too far apart

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Harlock posted:

I believe in Derek Carr

This is absolutely fantastic.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grittybeard posted:

I just figured someone else would have come to mind first. Someone who for the record I think should be in the hall even though he was a dirty Raider forever instead of just when he was old and broken.

You never really see highlights of Brown returning punts though. Woodson's highlights were always the big punt returns and the interception returns. Brown is such a receiver to me that it's hard to even think of him as a returner. Like Jerry Rice if he returned punts. It'd be the sidiest of sidenotes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The only negative of Carr starting for the Raiders is that Jesse Pinkman starting Quarterback would have gotten higher ratings when Breaking Bad was at it's peak a few years ago.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Volkerball posted:

Rod Woodson was also the first (and as far as I know, only) player to return from reconstructive knee surgery and play in the same season - torn his ACL week 1 and played in the Super Bowl. Reconstructive knee surgery normally has an 8 month recovery and Woodson did it in 19 weeks. Some poo poo just ain't human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

gohuskies posted:

Rod Woodson was also the first (and as far as I know, only) player to return from reconstructive knee surgery and play in the same season - torn his ACL week 1 and played in the Super Bowl. Reconstructive knee surgery normally has an 8 month recovery and Woodson did it in 19 weeks. Some poo poo just ain't human.

Crabtree tore his in preseason and was back by the playoffs. Evidently he still couldn't jump though. :classiclol:

• Locked thread