Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I hear Cameron's pretty fond of the name UK plc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
Are they seriously planning on teaching 5 year olds how to code?

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
My main issue was that typically programming languages require a lot of precision- mistyping a single character can prevent a program compiling or cause it to behave in a way that isn't intended. I just don't see a typical 5 year old being able to write even a simple program without making a ton of errors that they wont be able to fix themselves. A drag-and-drop style interface could definitely alleviate a lot of that though.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Regarde Aduck posted:

You are a traitor. I'm not calling for you to be shot but you are a traitor. So is most of the left in regard to Scottish independence. Wanting the UK to be broken up for vague reasons of spiting the tories or the laughable promise that it will inspire greater social fairness in England, is complete and utter nonsense. What we'll have is too weaker countries, one leftist, one rightest. Both economically troubled and weak in the face of a rising China and Russia. Scotland will be subsumed within the EU and either lose its identity (but for some weird reason it won't bother them this time) or worse, the EU will end up under the thumb of Russia. England will either face the same fate or worse, split from the EU and be isolated. The future looks loving great my leftist comrade.

I love that you were so desperate to attack the evil traitor yes voter that you didn't even realise he was on your side.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Peel posted:

He hired a denialist to talk about climate science on his new website for Christ's sake.

I need to know more about this

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Pissflaps posted:

These people always forget that it really is a funny old game.

Derren Brown did this stunt where he showed how he had emailed some random woman something like 4 horses in a row to put a bet on - each one came in as a winner, and for the fifth they did it together at a race track and that one came in too - against seemingly impossible odds.

Then he explained how he did it - started with hundreds of people, each with a different horse in a different race, then of the winners from that group did it again, until ultimately you're left with the one that had the winning horse each time.

That's actually a really well-known scam

The idea is that once you get a certain number 'right' you then tell the person that if they want more predictions they will have to pay for it

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
There are people who say whiplash isn't a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist

Guavanaut posted:

There have been a couple of cases of people who have faked whiplash for compensation. This then becomes a brush to tar everyone else as 'how do you know they're not faking it because...'. The because is usually because the person saying it is an rear end in a top hat.

Trigeminal neuralgia sometimes gets similar treatment because there are few external signs and a small minority of people have faked it for drug seeking purposes, therefore some stupid people believe that the whole thing is a fake, or that it might be real but it's so rare that *your* case is probably fake.

Yeah I've heard about all that, I just had no idea that there were people who claimed the condition didn't exist at all

• Locked thread