Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
One of these days I'm gonna try something that isn't a bird.

I'm pretty happy with this, except that the left eye is a little too small.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donJonSwan
Dec 6, 2004
Scum Pirate

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

I made some things.

Cornish rex cat drawn with ballpoint pen.

Pencil and charcoal.

Pencil.
By the way, hope it's ok to advertise my commission thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665522

SirJohanna fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 17, 2014

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
SirJohanna those lines are something else. Bookmarking your thread for xmas and/or new artwork for my office.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I bought a sketchbook and pencils+supplies today because I haven't actually touched pencils in like a year and because I'm a huge narcissist I naturally drew myself first:

Reene fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 18, 2014

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

meataidstheft posted:

SirJohanna those lines are something else. Bookmarking your thread for xmas and/or new artwork for my office.

Aaah, thanks a bunch!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

I painted a coffee tin.

I'm phone posting but Here is the album.
http://imgur.com/a/dQ59P

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
I like the main tin, but the metal edges make it look a little unfinished - I reckon it'd look better if you gave them a quick coat of one solid colour.

e:
I've managed to bugger the major nerve to my art-hand - the doc thinks it happened where it runs through the elbow, ulnar nerve. The ring and little fingers on that hand are pretty numb, and worse, when I art it aggravates it. :( I can still draw, and the doc reckons it'll heal, but I'm having to take things very easy at the moment. Anything more than an hour a day feels like it's a bad idea.

Do any goons have any experience of having forced time off drawing, and any suggestions of what I can do to minimise getting rusty till I mend?

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Sep 19, 2014

donJonSwan
Dec 6, 2004
Scum Pirate
Some of my art homies just draw with their non dominant hand. It keeps their brain busy and you end up with shapes and happy accidents that might surprise you.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Long time, no see, daily drawing thread.

Here is a flying monkey riding a monowheel.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I am a lovely friend and I give lovely presents

KGmeow
Oct 5, 2007

I finally bought some Prismacolor pencils and started messing with them. I'm pretty pleased so far and they feel so nice!

starr
May 5, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh that pencil fox on the bottom is amazing SirJohanna, you have some great mark making going on.

Some figure draws from today. One minute gestures and a five minute pose

Also sketched Hermione for sketch daily

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Super rough sketch to start in on my Compixellated challenge for this week, hopefully I can finish it up tomorrow

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010
Started drawing again for the first time in years. Went to the zoo and did some animal sketches last week. got myself some markers and am just testing them out.

It's a juvenile wild boar.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
That's really good! I suck rear end at pixellated art. What resolution is that, about 120 square?

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

petrol blue posted:

That's really good! I suck rear end at pixellated art. What resolution is that, about 120 square?

200 x 200 pixels :)

SirJohanna
Nov 23, 2007

That color scheme is gorgeous. Also, thanks a bunch Starr!

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

rotoscoped posted:

It's a juvenile wild boar.

Hey there wild boar buddy

Scanned drawing painted in Photoshop with :woop:MY FABULOUS NEW WATERCOLOR BRUSH KIT BUY TODAY!:dance: :pcgaming:

Goons get $3 off with offer code sagoon

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Eyebaubles; the three on the left were drawn from photos, the three on the right from various manga.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

aw heck yeah

Zhumma
Aug 5, 2006
title text

Great drawing but I think you messed up the left arm on your monkey? Look at the point it intersects with the right arm when leaving the body. Doesn't seem to connect with the rest of the arm.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Yeah the monkey's arm is messed up, there's also some out of place pixels here and there, might have to polish it up later.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Humboldt Squid posted:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Yeah the monkey's arm is messed up, there's also some out of place pixels here and there, might have to polish it up later.

It's real good. maybe just move ol' monkeyman right a bit? His tail is so close to the edge of the frame. That's all the completely unsolicited criticism I would volunteer.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Here are the thumbnails from the Flying Monkey Fabrication sketch above.

Not sure which head to go with. I was told the classic german helmet with spike / goggles looked best. What do you guys think? Spiked helmet or leather motorcycle helmet? Punk glasses with pompadour?

donJonSwan
Dec 6, 2004
Scum Pirate

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Had the thought earlier this week to do an interactive map of all the locations in the states you can go to see a red panda. Then I realized that that would just be a map of where zoos are, making the red panda thing moot and the map mostly useless.

Instead I made this, which is arguably more useless, but perhaps a bit more enjoyable.

Rakshas
Jun 7, 2003
Oompa Loompa Extraordinarie
The new Leonard Cohen album is fantastic. Drew this while listening.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Figure drawings from tonight's session.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Oh yeah forgot to post this one:

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

gently caress snakes.

e: Harry agrees.

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Sep 24, 2014

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

EatinCake posted:

Had the thought earlier this week to do an interactive map of all the locations in the states you can go to see a red panda. Then I realized that that would just be a map of where zoos are, making the red panda thing moot and the map mostly useless.

Instead I made this, which is arguably more useless, but perhaps a bit more enjoyable.

Definitely more enjoyable!

:)

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Working on this week's compixellated challenge, which is to make a tiny ~36x36 pixel dinosaur

It's supposed to be an Austroraptor, in Southern Crested Caracara colors :)

Billy Shears
Jul 9, 2009

I cut Paul's hair.

Humboldt Squid posted:

Figure drawings from tonight's session.

I really like these. Probably because I'm partial to drawing naked ladies myself. :pervert:

Here are a couple from the past two life drawing sessions I went to, both 20 minute poses:

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp
Sketched the Wife from The Wall to test out the new pen I got for my intuos4. It feels nice drawing again after such a long while :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Still waiting for licenses for proper drawing software, still stuck with freshpaint, so I made a bloodborne fanart sketch.

• Locked thread