Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:negative:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

This is the only proper response in the Air Force thread.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Got an assignment to Ramstein, no order getting is up for debate.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

dscruffy1 posted:

Aviano bound if I can scrape by in Korea for nine more months without an article fifteen.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

smertrioslol posted:

Aviano bound if I can scrape by in Korea for nine more months without an article fifteen.

About five months to get out of Osan. The struggle is real.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

dscruffy1 posted:

Don't count on it until you've got the paperwork in hand which will probably be 2 days after you arrive at Ramstein.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A buddy of mine is leaving for Korea soon, Thursday is his last day here and still doesn't have orders. Good luck.

ioneye
Apr 24, 2008
so I was supposed to separate in May, but for shits and giggles I applied for retraining to 1B4X1 and I got it, gently caress it 2 more years

ioneye fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 4, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
are you ready to be a proud cyber warrior?

biloxi is pretty cool though so i guess you can have some good bbq for a few months

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
So apparently, thanks to what I'm assuming was a GOP Congressman, the relevant section of US Code regarding oaths of enlistment and office was changed in October and it is no longer lawful to affirm either oath; you are now required, by law, to swear and state "so help me god" at the end of the oath.

lol

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

So apparently, thanks to what I'm assuming was a GOP Congressman, the relevant section of US Code regarding oaths of enlistment and office was changed in October and it is no longer lawful to affirm either oath; you are now required, by law, to swear and state "so help me god" at the end of the oath.

lol
I didn't say god when I reenlisted in February and they accepted it, what now godfags? :laugh:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

According to JQP it's being used to deny reenlistment if you refuse to say it.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There was a pretty golden comment on the article about how the Air Force isn't the place to be pushing your personal agenda :ironicat:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just looked everything up because I was curious and posted it all in the other thread talking about this poo poo. From what I can find, 10 USC §502 hasn't actually been changed at all since 1962. The relevant AF instruction has a change page attached from 2011, though, that takes out a note at the end of the oath that says "(Note: Airmen may omit the words ―So help me God‖, if desired for personal reasons)." A similar note appears in army, navy, and marine instructions. I'm still looking to see if there is an overriding DoD instruction, but the references at the end of the AFI aren't too helpful. They don't even reference §502 at all in the document.

They also never took out the option to affirm instead of swear.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Some Squadron's Christian Crusader no doubt found some technicality to remove it from the AFI.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Some Squadron's Christian Crusader no doubt found some technicality to remove it from the AFI.

Yeah.

But his god didn't smite him by making him a bald comms bitch.. Soooo looks like it's...

God: 1
Cojawfee's AWOL Hairline: 0

P.S. Tons of cool people think god is awesome. A lot more NOT COOL "PEOPLE" DON'T.

Makes you think, don't it?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

lol
this is so air force it hurts

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

shyduck posted:

this is so air force it hurts

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im a gay transformer, but instead of snipping my dick or turning into an f-15, i transform into a slow, weak idiot

BULLETKISS
Jul 3, 2003

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140902/NEWS06/309020060/Former-MTI-serving-20-years-sex-assaults-dies-apparent-suicide-Leavenworth

Welp!

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

I worked with this guy at Dover when we were both airmen. He was p. cool back then, too bad he turned into a dead rapist later.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Been quiet around here....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHkjM-3lUDk

Pretty good AF commercial. Not surprised it has Gen Welsh in it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

"Hey here's comes cool poo poo we used to do"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Weird how the videos never show off a Windows 3.1 computer being used to operate a 20-year-old satellite inside a brightly-lit wood-paneled room.

Endormoon
Mar 30, 2004
Got my medical retirement orders today. I'm gonna get vanity plates for my car that say SRA RET and load up my bumper with stupid retired Air Force stickers. It will be glorious.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^ :toxx:

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Weird how the videos never show off a Windows 3.1 computer being used to operate a 20-year-old satellite inside a brightly-lit wood-paneled room.

Wait, you guys got replacement bulbs? Did you buy them yourself?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait what the gently caress is with the touch-screen thing they had

should have been a clunky win95 era database system stuck refreshing forever and losing connection, or possibly an a1c dragging a bunch of dusty, steel-cased radios with inspection tags from the 70's out of a closet

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ-svJcqkRc

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

loving furries...

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

We use that costume as our squadron mascot.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Buck Lee rhymes with gently caress Me. Which is pretty Air Force I guess.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's at Buckley AFB.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Oh poo poo, the gravy train is ending. After September 30 no more KAIP in Korea.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Godholio posted:

It's at Buckley AFB.

Some things I just learned about Buckley AFB: it's in Arapahoe, which sounds suspiciously like a drunken Airmen saying "I rape a ho."

It's in a county that has the sixth lowest population density of any in Colorado, and is 92.87% white and the average yearly income is $37,054.

gently caress me indeed.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

I hope they're taking the panther costume with them on TDYs and wearing it out partying with locals.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dominoes posted:

I hope they're taking the panther costume with them on TDYs and wearing it out partying with locals.

This is the sort of thing that could happen a loving awesome squadron or a truly lovely one.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Dominoes posted:

Can't wait for the news story about a Japanese teenager having a train run on her by a captain, two lieutenants and a panther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Man
Nov 22, 2006

IWHBYD...

• Locked thread