Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Injuryprone posted:

What are the differences between Municipal Police and County Police? Someone at my work is trying to get me to apply to Municipal with them and I'm not entirely believeing their spiel (4 year patrol but after that it's all office paperwork). It's Chula Vista Municipal in San Diego if that makes any difference.

County patrols unincorporated areas and municipal polices the city jurisdiction. It's more complicated than that but that's the idea. County is generally more political in nature and you may or may not serve at the pleasure of the sheriff. Also your backup is always 5+ minutes away or worse.

No such thing as a set time in patrol. You are patrol until you test for another spot or are otherwise assigned or promoted to something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

beanieson posted:

I watched a house burn down a few years ago while two firemen strained on a huge fuckoff wrench trying to open up the valve on a hydrant. A third fireman came over and explained they were tightening, not loosening the valve :thumbsup:

All we have in my county is volunteer fire departments and with the exception of one they are all the most incompetent idiots I have ever met. One dept i'm fairly certain has a requirement that you must maintain a .05 BAC at all times and the other only owns enough bunker gear to outfit like 3 people so half the dept wears jackets and the other half wears the pants. Thats if they manage to get the truck out of the garage without destroying something. They also can't read a map and can't navigate to save their lives, this is even worse because in rural farm areas everything is a loving grid square and the numbers are set up in such a way that if you know how to count you should be able to find any address in the county. Instead they have to ask dispatch for directions, but you can't give them street names you have to give them archaic instructions that only a local would know, like turn left at the old johnson farm and go 5 miles to the lutheran church on the corner.

GunForumMeme posted:

I don't know every time I see the fire department in action they always save the foundation.

they don't call them basement savers for nothing.

Branis fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 17, 2014

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Alright I'm nearing the end of season 5 of The Wire.

Man why did they have to do Omar like that. Got got by a kid by luck.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Alright I'm nearing the end of season 5 of The Wire.

Man why did they have to do Omar like that. Got got by a kid by luck.

all in the game, yo

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The police in London and the fire brigade don't get on at all, there is mutual dis-respect and if you turn up to a fatal collision or something you will frequently find them standing as far apart as possible. LFB (or London Fire Brigade) is known as London's Finest Burglars which doesn't seem to bother them. Calling them trumpton, on the other hand, seems to have them up in arms http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpton . The bitterest boxing fights I've ever seen have been between the MET and LFB.

Speaking of which, next month the NYFD are coming over to box the MET, 10 fights in one night. If I see a single crying Eagle t-shirt I'm going to unlawfully wound that person.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You're more likely to see a "Don't Tread On Me" shirt. Or this if they have a sense of humor.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
It is almost guaranteed you will see this shirt on at least one or more people

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
It's NYFD they're probably only slightly less Sandinista than Smiling Jack

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
To be honest with almost 600 Met police officers in the same room and all wine and beer being complimentary then I expect there will be more fighting outside the ring than in it. Apparently when the MET went over to fight the Chicago PD a couple of years ago it was kicking off allover the place.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Let me tell you about interservice hockey tournaments gang fights on skates

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
So heres the other side of the story to that django unchained actress getting detained for being a prostitute.

http://laist.com/2014/09/17/photo_shows_django_unchained_actres.php

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

So heres the other side of the story to that django unchained actress getting detained for being a prostitute.

We're not interested in your facts and other sides of the story. All we care about is that a white officer unlawfully harassed a black woman what is happening to are country? I need to post about this on Facebook and reddit.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Branis posted:

Just another example of the racist news media taking the side of law enforcement :rolleyes:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe I'm just horribly desensitized, but I don't really have a problem with people getting their bone on in public.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

We're not interested in your facts and other sides of the story. All we care about is that a white officer unlawfully harassed a black woman what is happening to are country? I need to post about this on Facebook and reddit.

poo poo it wasn't even a white officer. Dude looks like Eric Estrada in chips.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Maybe I'm just horribly desensitized, but I don't really have a problem with people getting their bone on in public.

you're a monster

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001

I thought half the reason it was fun was the possibility o of getting in trouble.

Also people just being able to plow anywhere would be awful. It doesn't seem so bad when it's just the occasional couple breaking the law. I don't want to walk by it regularly.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
If you want to see people gently caress in public, then pop to a Greek island in August to watch the youth of the UK loving like pedophiles in playgrounds.

I personally have fond memories of smashing out a nurse from Yorkshire on the beach in Zante. One of my pedigree chums was good enough to hand me a cold beverage as I pumped that fine young lady full of hot cockney man-batter.

One of my mates was shafting some slapper from Cardiff while her friends watch on sun loungers. After about 2 minutes of chopping her out she just gets up and asks him to fill out her fat mate out because she hadn't gotten any action for the last few nights. Being the obliging gent that he is he got to it, naturally not wearing a condom, because they are only for upper class people and you can't catch VD if you blow your nut muck in her belly button.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

If you want to see people gently caress in public, then pop to a Greek island in August to watch the youth of the UK loving like pedophiles in playgrounds.

I personally have fond memories of smashing out a nurse from Yorkshire on the beach in Zante. One of my pedigree chums was good enough to hand me a cold beverage as I pumped that fine young lady full of hot cockney man-batter.

One of my mates was shafting some slapper from Cardiff while her friends watch on sun loungers. After about 2 minutes of chopping her out she just gets up and asks him to fill out her fat mate out because she hadn't gotten any action for the last few nights. Being the obliging gent that he is he got to it, naturally not wearing a condom, because they are only for upper class people and you can't catch VD if you blow your nut muck in her belly button.

Goddamn that was fun to read

Ahahahahahahahahahaha "shafting some slapper from Cardiff"

It sounds so charming

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
so greece is basically the international version of the jersey shore.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Yes, it's a right of passage as a British youth and for many teens it's the first time you ever meet large groups of people from outside your own county. More than once I put my penis inside a girl who's accent was so strong that I didn't even know her name, woke up one morning in Kavos next to a girl I thought I had bored in the night before, rolled over to prod her with my morning glory only for the girl on the bed next to us to ask me "Er, whatta fook d'ya think yous do'in?" (Scouser) turns out I 'courted' her the night before but as she was on the chubby side and I'm about the size of a silverback I jumped in the sack with her mate next to us and forgot about this the next morning. Also turned out that I ripped down a road sign and gave it to her as a gift.

I did spring break in Cancun in 2006, was very different. A lot less dangerous, a lot less drunken fighting and the girls insisted on having sex in a bed, which was booring. I did meet a lovely 22 yearold girl from Iowa, we tried a spot of bum love, she wasn't fond of it so we called it quits and I went back to necking Modelo's like it was water. Next day I go for breakfast, walk in to the restaurant and see her sitting there, she eyeballs me and starts balling. She is sitting next to an older man who stares at me like he want's to kill me. Turns out she went on spring break with her family, I try and sodomise her, she is worried about her bumhole and tells her mum incase something is damaged.... Who the gently caress goes on holiday with their family at 22?

If it was Greece I would be wondering how a British girl could have got to 22 without taking it up the backside.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I did spring break in Cancun in 2006, was very different. A lot less dangerous, a lot less drunken fighting and the girls insisted on having sex in a bed, which was booring. I did meet a lovely 22 yearold girl from Iowa, we tried a spot of bum love, she wasn't fond of it so we called it quits and I went back to necking Modelo's like it was water. Next day I go for breakfast, walk in to the restaurant and see her sitting there, she eyeballs me and starts balling. She is sitting next to an older man who stares at me like he want's to kill me. Turns out she went on spring break with her family, I try and sodomise her, she is worried about her bumhole and tells her mum incase something is damaged.... Who the gently caress goes on holiday with their family at 22?

I think you're my new favorite British person.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Def yes

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Gents, if you think the other Britcops haven't been doing this, you are probably wrong. There aren't many males in the UK who haven't left their fair share of loose legged ladettes looking like overstuffed eclairs across the med. You'd have to take a trip over to GBS to find the goony bastards that haven't followed the herd down to Greece.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/387379/Spanish-government-orders-a-clampdown-on-resort-s-sleaze-game-antics

I've seen this sort of behavior a few times, and 'Spanish Government orders a crackdown' will be completely ignored and gobjobs for shots, public sex, drinking until you are on the brink of cardiac arrest and re-enacting fight scenes from the 300 in Spanish high streets and Greek seafronts will continue as usual.

If people in the US look at William Hague / Hammond (foreign secretary) and think they are the face of British foreign policy, then the rest of the EU sees a horde of chavs acting like depraved beasts invading their countries every Summer.

I really hope (Sl)eazy jet makes good on their promise of cheap trans-atlantic flights so the US East coast can experience the adolescent vermin turning their entertainment districts into Stalingrad. Some mindless ned from a Birmingham sink estate isn't going to stop pissing through your letterbox or making GBS threads off a balcony on to a veranda below just because American cops are tooled up, they are 'on tour' and not even Ghengis Khan is going to stop Billy Rudeboy from getting his rocks off.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
American cops might have to change their ROE from "evaluate based on skin tone" to "evaluate based on accent"

Are chavs bulletproof?

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

I really hope (Sl)eazy jet makes good on their promise of cheap trans-atlantic flights so the US East coast can experience the adolescent vermin turning their entertainment districts into Stalingrad. Some mindless ned from a Birmingham sink estate isn't going to stop pissing through your letterbox or making GBS threads off a balcony on to a veranda below just because American cops are tooled up, they are 'on tour' and not even Ghengis Khan is going to stop Billy Rudeboy from getting his rocks off.

You've seen Jersey Shore, right?

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I would be willing to bet that any young British tourist at his worst would still be easier to deal with than any Brighton Beach Russian at his best.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I need more British people in my life.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

will the women in britain find my southern accent sexy?

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

beanieson posted:

I'm about the size of a silverback
_____
/
/

Bernard McFacknutah for King of Scotland.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

beanieson posted:

will the women in britain find my southern accent sexy?

In London, yes, definitely. The high class rear end in the financial districts seem to love clichés and even though there are plenty of septic tanks over here there aren't enough southerners, just boring Californian graduates and irritating hipsters. Turn up to a party wearing a stetson and talking about high school football and shooting alligators and you won't be going home alone. If you turn up dressed all preppy and talking about that 'awesome' time you had in the rockies or how you work for J P Morgan you're just going to be lonely and maybe with a black eye.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Edwardian posted:

Bernard McFacknutah for King of Scotland.

Sadly my heritage is mick and I have a London accent. I would be the victim of brutal sectarian regicide. Also I don't support Rangers or Celtic and I'm pretty sure it's impossible to be a person of any importance in Scotland unless you're in one of those camps.

By the way Hezzy, who to you follow?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I think Facknutter needs to include with every post an audio transcription because I need to hear all of this in a proper british accent.

edit: on pain of banning if he does not comply.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Branis posted:

I think Facknutter needs to include with every post an audio transcription because I need to hear all of this in a proper british accent.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Branis posted:

:agreed:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Branis posted:

Oh for the love of god please do this.

• Locked thread