Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

invade scotland make them the 51st state.

Don't even joke about things like that. It's getting mighty tense about here. Mind boggles what might follow on Friday after the results come out. Guess who is working Nightshifts this weekend...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Chartley, come and work for the MET, every Scot I know in the job is a Sergeant at least. When the civil war starts north of the border you can come and join me in London with a nice overfunded and bloated police force, Romanian strip clubs and hipster bars with £9 a pint 'craft' beer.

Who knows what's going to happen. The catch is I like the way we work and the legislation we have to do our jobs.

We have plenty of amazing pubs where I live (note not work). I'm in the largest city etc. Moving may happen but it's grand for now. Although, is it a guaranteed promotion?

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

In all honesty PACE is a loving joke and from what I hear you have a lot more 'common sense' legislation north of the border but judging by the vast quantity of Scot Sergeants and Inspectors I've met who have moved down from Scotland I think it's safe to say that your training better prepares you and that promotion boards are fond of the general bullshit free attitude you get in Scotland. I've been in to a custody suite before where 4 of the 6 Sergeants on duty are filthy jocks and so is the Governor.

Pace seems stinking to work with. Don't know if I could be bothered dealing with the hot potato of race and racism. It's really not a major thing up here. Sectarian religious stuff mind you...

In all honesty PACE is a loving joke and from what I hear you have a lot more 'common sense' legislation north of the border but judging by the vast quantity of Scot Sergeants and Inspectors I've met who have moved down from Scotland I think it's safe to say that your training better prepares you and that promotion boards are fond of the general bullshit free attitude you get in Scotland. I've been in to a custody suite before where 4 of the 6 Sergeants on duty are filthy jocks and so is the Governor.

I'll keep it on the maybe pile. Have always enjoyed visiting London but the lower pay and cost of living increase is a big nasty element.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

beanieson posted:

Sitting around, lifting weights, eating chili, taking one fire call a month.

THIS IS WHAT FIREMEN ACTUALLY DO

Last year I was at a call where the fire brigade (aka red death) also attended. It was a Saturday early evening and we were running from call to call. One of the fireys complained to me that he still had shampoo in his hair as when they got the call he had just finished up at the gym and was about to go for dinner after a shower.

I didn't hide my displeasure well.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Edwardian posted:

Bernard McFacknutah for King of Scotland.

Allow me to be true to my nationality,

Get. Tae. gently caress. You. oval office.

Edit: Bernard, drop me a pm chief.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
Well, as predicted by myself and a few others, some disorder reigned in Glasgow - http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-29288249

We managed to keep the sides split, vent a bit, act like the idiots they are then go home without raising the city. From what I'm aware cops stayed in conventional uniform but were supported by mounted police.

Pretty darn good work to be honest. No one dead, take note America!

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They do great facial surgery there.

Supposedly the Greater Glasgow national health service hospitals have some world leading expertise in knife injuries and max-facial work....

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Hezzy posted:

Nice, BTP brass there in the third pic getting stuck in!

You know it's going wrong round here when our (less than stellar) Scottish btp get involved!

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

GunForumMeme posted:

And now for the Scottish translation:

*Guttural yelling.*

Please, guttural yelling with lots of profanity. Mostly 'oval office'

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae
Bernard, I can't help but think you're a parody account fuelled by the Viz profanasaurus and rather a lot of scotch.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

You've clearly not spent enough time in London. Half the blokes on team down here sound exactly like me, the other half are more or less indentured servants we have imported from the far reaches of England. Secondary school was more or less an exhibition in learning as many disgusting metaphors and expletives as possible.

I promise you it isn't a dig or complaint. I speak fluent Glaswegian. Not exactly the friendliest of tongues. The two key words are most probably 'gently caress' and 'oval office' and that's in friendly conversation.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

Branis posted:

I just spent an hour watching a documentary on the grenadier guards guarding the castle and I feel like head butting someone and calling them a oval office, am I british?

One of us. One of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

This act is literally known as a Glasgow kiss.
I recently saw the worlds best ever headbutt. It was impressive in a dark way. When the detectives took over and viewed the CCTV they emailed me back confirming how right I was.

The accused threw his whole torso back almost doubling over then snapping back making perfect connection with the victim sparking him out. Couldn't help but think if I'd tried to so it I would have either fallen over or missed. Different skills and all that I guess

• Locked thread