Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Seriously guys the Patriots might put up 50 points on Miami with Gronk being in now. Jordan won't be there to cover him and we look terrible otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

Mosley is pretty badass. So is Upshaw. :mad:

Mosley has looked pretty good I have to admit, Upshaw on the other hand is at Jarret Johnson replacement level if we're being kind and I don't think that's great return for a top 40 draft pick. My main issues with Mosely coming out was whether or not he was going to be able to consistently shed blocks and if injuries would catch up to him. That and the fact that he's a linebacker when the Ravens really needed a WR or RT. It's way too early to gauge but he looks great on both of my issues of concern.

Ha-Ha Clinton Dix has a world class name but I really didn't see why he was so well regarded. It just seems as though he was the right size and played in a pro-style offense so people assumed he would be a great ballhawk. It's weird. He isn't a sure tackler and I didn't see a single play that told me he had a good idea of where the football was going to be, always rushing over well late. Of the safeties this past draft class I was most impressed with Deone Bucannon and Jimmie Ward. Ward is all over the field and going to be loving awesome if given a shot with the 9ers.

Actually I haven't seen any of these guys play during the preseason, can some 49er, Packer, and Cardinal fans tell me how Bucannon, Ward, and Dix have been?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Febreeze posted:

You fool, MV is gonna find you

I googled gnar and that's what I got

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Seriously guys the Patriots might put up 50 points on Miami with Gronk being in now. Jordan won't be there to cover him and we look terrible otherwise

I am way more worried about them running all day.

I think they will win a boring 27-13 kind of game.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Pretty sure that Clowney and Watt are going to destroy the Redskins line and RG3. I also think the Texans will be pretty bad on offense, but I'm really not sure if the Redskins have improved a lot just because they had a few decent defensive games in the preseason.

I imagine a bunch of turnovers from each team with Washington able to move the ball slightly better, with the score being like 24-21 Texans winning since they will force more turnovers.

This is a pretty big game for Washington though, one of the winnable games on their schedule.

Mind_Taker fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 1, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jurrell Casey might force people to learn who he is after next week despite playing on the Titans. It'll be hard to ignore his 6 or 7 sack game.

Ok it probably won't be quite that bad, but he's going to embarrass everyone on KC's line.

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!

Sour Diesel posted:

Mosley is pretty badass. So is Upshaw. :mad:

Yeah, buddy.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Cowboys defense is going to be real bad so the question is how the Niners defense fares against Dallas without Bowman or Aldon (and maybe McDonald, but I doubt his suspension will happen by then if he's even charged). The Lemonier and Skuta duo played pretty well while Aldon was in rehab last year, though. I think they can win this game pretty comfortably because seriously, that Dallas defense you guys.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Keep in mind last year there were lots of injuries on the O line and Matt Flynn who holds the ball for far too long.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I doubt a rookie safety in his first game in the NFL is going to transform a previous weakness into a team's strength.
:unsmith:

@PFF
#Jets rookie 1st round S Calvin Pryor was our highest graded S this preseason. Graded positively against run and in coverage.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Actually I haven't seen any of these guys play during the preseason, can some 49er, Packer, and Cardinal fans tell me how Bucannon, Ward, and Dix have been?

Very competent. Great in run support and hasn't made any big errors in pass coverage. He isn't starting at the moment but probably will be soon.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ward's been pretty impressive in the preseason, he's always around the play and has good ball skills, he had a couple of picks and I believe a fumble recovery in the preseason. Totally comfortable with him at the nickel corner role going into this year unless he proves otherwise when the games start counting. I'd much rather have him cover Percy Harvin than Carlos Rogers these days, anyway.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Who the gently caress put Detroit in the first MNF game of the season? I really have been out-of-touch with football for the last ~6 months...

E: And hosting no less, holy heck

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I believe in history repeating itself :getin:

quote:

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 6m
The Jets just signed former #Raiders CB Phillip Adams. He was beat deep by Denarius Moore playing for SEA last Thursday.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Who the gently caress put Detroit in the first MNF game of the season? I really have been out-of-touch with football for the last ~6 months...

E: And hosting no less, holy heck

Well technically you're pretty safe putting a Lions game on national TV early in the season when they aren't eliminated from playoff contention.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

MJBuddy posted:

No it isn't. Going back from last year, 26th, 31st, 23rd, 21st in adjusted sack rate.

At their best, they're just "below average" but really they're bad. Very far away from "pretty decent".

As I recall, they've been decent at protecting Rodgers for a while but can't make holes for the run game to save their life (due to zone blocking? This is where my memory is a bit hazy, my packers irl friend hasn't been around in a while). I'm looking at pff right now actually and it has the packers OL rated at #4 at pass pro, so. Looking more closely, it looks like 3 of the 5 are well above average at pass pro and that the two weak spots (bakhtari and Barclay) are only barely below average.

But if we discard all of that, Rodgers is pretty mobile in his own right and can probably extend plays a lot against the formidable Seattle pass rush. I seem to recall he did this during the Fail Mary game.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

anime gently caress pillow posted:

As I recall, they've been decent at protecting Rodgers for a while but can't make holes for the run game to save their life (due to zone blocking? This is where my memory is a bit hazy, my packers irl friend hasn't been around in a while). I'm looking at pff right now actually and it has the packers OL rated at #4 at pass pro, so. Looking more closely, it looks like 3 of the 5 are well above average at pass pro and that the two weak spots (bakhtari and Barclay) are only barely below average.

But if we discard all of that, Rodgers is pretty mobile in his own right and can probably extend plays a lot against the formidable Seattle pass rush. I seem to recall he did this during the Fail Mary game.

During that game we had a garbage OL and Cedric loving Benson as our RB. Our OL is exponentially better now.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
The Seahawks D-line that year completely sucked, so neither team is really rolling out the exact same players.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Isn't the Packers oline injured as gently caress again?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Jurrell Casey might force people to learn who he is after next week despite playing on the Titans. It'll be hard to ignore his 6 or 7 sack game.

Ok it probably won't be quite that bad, but he's going to embarrass everyone on KC's line.

That would happen if the chiefs game plan wasn't give the ball to Charles as fast as humanly possible

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

Isn't the Packers oline injured as gently caress again?

Nope. Staring center who has had zero regular season snaps and a backup. The best backup but still just a backup.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Blitz7x posted:

I believe in history repeating itself :getin:

This is why Carr has to start against the Jets. He has the quick release, arm strength and mobility to keep plays alive that should chew up that horrid Jets secondary. Any other scenario is not going to end well.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010

warcrimes posted:

This is why Carr has to start against the Jets. He has the quick release, arm strength and mobility to keep plays alive that should chew up that horrid Jets secondary. Any other scenario is not going to end well.

Gotta love preaseason hype. Historically, rookie QB's do not fair well against Rex's defense. I remember they made Luck look like poo poo.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Steelers are probably going to lose in hilarious fashion to the Browns and then I will never hear the end of how Mike Tomlin insulted the name and legacy of Chuck Noll by losing a game on Chuck Noll day and that he should be crucified on a burning cross. It will be probably the worst loss in Pittsburgh since the Flyers ruined the opening of the Consol Center.

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

achillesforever6 posted:

Steelers are probably going to lose in hilarious fashion to the Browns and then I will never hear the end of how Mike Tomlin insulted the name and legacy of Chuck Noll by losing a game on Chuck Noll day and that he should be crucified on a burning cross. It will be probably the worst loss in Pittsburgh since the Flyers ruined the opening of the Consol Center.

That's all I want. The Browns could not win another game for the rest of the year and I would consider the Johnny Football Era(tm) a success.

Though in reality a predict a low scoring game that eventually blows open for the Steelers after the Brown's offense is incapable of staying on the field for more than two minutes.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Bengals win by 300, Dalton throws seven TDs and fumbles once.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Hope the Jets secondary is ready

because the Carr is started

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Notable Dom X posted:

That's all I want. The Browns could not win another game for the rest of the year and I would consider the Johnny Football Era(tm) a success.

Though in reality a predict a low scoring game that eventually blows open for the Steelers after the Brown's offense is incapable of staying on the field for more than two minutes.
Nah its probably going to be a low scoring game won by a FG because the Steelers will play down or underestimate the Browns like they have in the past 5 years.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

bobby2times posted:

Gotta love preaseason hype. Historically, rookie QB's do not fair well against Rex's defense. I remember they made Luck look like poo poo.

Less about preseason hype and more about Schaub having an injury that makes an immobile QB useless. Carr may fall on his face, but he's gives us a better chance to win that Schaub does right now.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Anaranjado posted:

He'll throw that many TD's, they just won't be all Bengals scores.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bobby2times posted:

:smug:

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

He said rookie QBs not wide receivers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ironically the Vegas line has moved north to Jets -5.5 since the announcement.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Anaranjado posted:

With the Bengals scoring 300 and Dalton only accounting for 49, Giovani Bernard breaks every fantasy football website with overflow errors

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

When does Tanier post his game previews usually?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ward's been pretty impressive in the preseason, he's always around the play and has good ball skills, he had a couple of picks and I believe a fumble recovery in the preseason. Totally comfortable with him at the nickel corner role going into this year unless he proves otherwise when the games start counting. I'd much rather have him cover Percy Harvin than Carlos Rogers these days, anyway.

I really thought he would fall to the second round. San Francisco already had two starting safeties :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

anime gently caress pillow posted:

When does Tanier post his game previews usually?

Either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Notable Dom X posted:

Yeah I could easily see that game as being like 10-7 late in the 3rd and ending like 24-10 steelers or something like that. Only that low scoring because the Brown's offensive incompetence will rival the Steeler's defensive incompetence

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Going to be exciting to see who the Giants draft in the top 5 next April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
The 49ers will beat Dallas, but after that... hoo boy. I'm hoping for the best.

• Locked thread