Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Pandasmores posted:

I'm a hugtech in are Navy come here wittle noble :glomp:

Totally gonna fly to Lemoore to get a hug from Pandas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
Is any one here currently serving on a frigate? How's the decomming coming along?

USS last ship is getting decommed by jan 2015, and getting sent over to the republic of china. Really interested in finding out about the transition process out of curiousity and there is zero talk about it on other, shittier forums.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Angry Fish posted:

Is any one here currently serving on a frigate? How's the decomming coming along?

USS last ship is getting decommed by jan 2015, and getting sent over to the republic of china. Really interested in finding out about the transition process out of curiousity and there is zero talk about it on other, shittier forums.

I decommed one a few months ago. What do you want to know?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

While I agree with buttsplugs ya'll need to chill

My new girl lives in downtown SD in gas lamp loving wish I was stationed there. It's great walking around grabbing a drink or bite then going back to her place and loving. Hustle and bustle of the city and all that (and my dick heh)

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Angry Fish posted:

I got to steal equipment from a couple frigates in the middle of decom for my own ship. Basically we brought over dead/broken CCAs and swapped them out with good ones right in the racks in radio. Pretty good deal for us.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

So I get to see Great Lakes for the first time ever. This place looks like a miserable place to be stationed.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Spent a winter and then some there couldn't even imagine

Someone here teaches at one of the a-schools there and always posts the most navyleadershiplogic.txt poo poo

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I have to go eat pizza with some recruits now.

In Whites.

Brilliant.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

I have to go eat pizza with some recruits now.

In Whites.

Brilliant.

That evolution at boot camp was completely bizarre to me when I did it 7 years ago.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

ManMythLegend posted:

So I get to see Great Lakes for the first time ever. This place looks like a miserable place to be stationed.

Saw a few dudes break their legs on the ice when I was there for boot camp, some kids had heat stroke in the summer when we went through A school. Fun times.

I had no idea they had pizza there. Were you in "Ricky heaven" or w/e it is? When some dumb rear end asked our Chief if we would get to go there, he pulled out large squeegies and had us strip the floor of all wax and then wax it again for like 2 weeks while we waited to leave.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
http://albany.twcnews.com/content/news/768287/-suspicious--device-found-at-albany-airport-checkpoint--no-threat-determined/

LOL. WTF Nuke selectee??

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
8 pin IC chip... 4 resistors, 2 LEDs, 1 electrolytic capacitor, two unidentifiable analog components...

I would wager that this is an Improvised Blinking LED Device. If the CO is saying it's a training aid, I'd assume that it's a handmade blinker for showing "FIRE!" that they made in their free time.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

8 pin IC chip... 4 resistors, 2 LEDs, 1 electrolytic capacitor, two unidentifiable analog components...

I would wager that this is an Improvised Blinking LED Device. If the CO is saying it's a training aid, I'd assume that it's a handmade blinker for showing "FIRE!" that they made in their free time.

I'm betting it's an ETC(sel) nuc who rigged his charge book for lighting. And then took it through security. Where some idiot didn't have a clue.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Makes sense

That thing almost looks identical to what we make in lab all the time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
HEY THAT LOOKS loving FAMILIAR

E: I beat you Ket because your link is busted

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Attachments are the new archives.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

is that some generic navy thing or something? because I know for drat sure it's not from a soldering class since the Navy doesnt teach that poo poo outside of Nawfuck

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
ETMS, and since this guy got bagged in Albany I'm going to guess it's either taught in Ballston Spa or he's been hauling it around a loooong time. Mine's about ten years old and it's been squished a bit in various moves so the mounting distances aren't perfect any more.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Oh, I uh... guess I was wrong about it not being from soldering school.

ETMS is the only Navy school that would have benefited me in my new life and I was never allowed to go due to being a dirty EM

I ended up getting taught how to solder by someone that claims to have been top of his class at ETMS so there's that at least.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
The same TSA that won't let people onto an airplane if they have the pattern of a gun stitched into their clothing found this device. A device that has two wires coming off and are obviously to connect to a power source which is absent in the picture and no other wires to connect to any explosive. Good going finding this thing and jacking up people's travel plans. Maybe the dolphins explode?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I must be on the gayest base in the Navy, I just made an open offer to a free case of Budweiser, not one person took me up on it, and I asked like 20 people. Budweiser may not be the best beer, but it's still alright for beer pong etc. I mean gently caress, people drink Natty ice :cripes:

(roommate moved out, left case of budweiser, and I drink Sam Adams)

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

I must be on the gayest base in the Navy, I just made an open offer to a free case of Budweiser, not one person took me up on it, and I asked like 20 people. Budweiser may not be the best beer, but it's still alright for beer pong etc. I mean gently caress, people drink Natty ice :cripes:

(roommate moved out, left case of budweiser, and I drink Sam Adams)

Confused. You won't even drink it and you're puzzled. LOL. Look at yourself.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Confused. You won't even drink it and you're puzzled. LOL. Look at yourself.

Beer pong needs at a minimum 2 people. :colbert:

I wouldn't use Sam Adams for beer pong, Budweiser and lesser beers are fine for that.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
Just turn it in for recycling and dump the beer.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I would drink budweiser before I drank Sam Adams. But then again I'm also gay for blue moon.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sir Lucius posted:

I would drink budweiser before I drank Sam Adams. But then again I'm also gay for blue moon.

Don't like dark beers? Also, blue moon is incredibly gay.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Sir Lucius posted:

:wtc:

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

Sir Lucius posted:

Isn't blue moon made by the coors people?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Seqenenra posted:

Isn't blue moon made by the coors people?

Yeah I got a 1/6 keg of it yesterday.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
I can't rip on Blue Moon, but Budweiser is nasty.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

Beer pong needs at a minimum 2 people. :colbert:

I wouldn't use Sam Adams for beer pong, Budweiser and lesser beers are fine for that.

Ahh. Got it. You're upset because you can't buy friends with Budweiser.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

I was unaware Sam Adams is not considered a lesser beer? I tried some years ago, forget which variety, and it was worse than cheap domestics.

Never again :911:

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

ManMythLegend posted:

I decommed one a few months ago. What do you want to know?

What mysteries were found in the spaces during decom? I remember insurv cleanings and finding 19 year old bags of potato ships in the overheads. I like these stories.

What are they doing with the old OJ consoles? Did you let some DDG kids steal your crap?

How is it going? I'm going to be sad when the frigates are gone. I liked the culture, enjoyed the 24 port visits every deployment, etc.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gray Matter posted:

I was unaware Sam Adams is not considered a lesser beer? I tried some years ago, forget which variety, and it was worse than cheap domestics.

Never again :911:

I've never had a Sam Adams that didn't disappoint me. They do not make a single style of beer better or cheaper than anyone else.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I drink budweiser sometimes. Other times I drink nice beers. Then sometimes I'll drink High Life. Enjoy things you loving weirdos.

There's this place here called World of Beer. They boast like 500 beers in bottles and like 50 or so on tap. The staff is pretty knowledgeable and actually knew what a sour beer was when I wanted one. A buddy and I were there one day and we just wanted a High Life to relive the old poor college days. The lady behind the counter kinda looked at me and said, "We don't carry domestic beers." I guess for some people domestic just means poo poo because they sure as hell have miller and bud and all the other bro-beers.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Stultus Maximus posted:

I've never had a Sam Adams that didn't disappoint me. They do not make a single style of beer better or cheaper than anyone else.

Look at you and your wrong opinions.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

vulturesrow posted:

Look at you and your wrong opinions.

I suppose you have a counterexample?

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

Stultus Maximus posted:

I suppose you have a counterexample?

I'm partial to Dogfish Head brewery's work.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://abc30.com/news/two-lemoore-based-f-a-18-hornets-crash-in-the-pacific-ocean/305768/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?

scary stuff. I wonder how the pilots are doing...

• Locked thread