Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've got a Tele nashville, or super, or something. It came with three pickups, wired exactly like a strat. gently caress that.

Here's what I wanted:

NECK
Neck and Middle (Hendrix out of phase neck side)
Neck and Bridge (Telecaster both pickups tone)
Middle and bridge (Hendrix out of phase bridge side)
Bridge

No extra switches or boosts or anything else. I've been searching for three hours now for schematics for this, and seems like every Tele-pickup-5-way-switch mod comes with added poo poo - a DPTP switch, or push/pull volume knobs, crap I don't want, don't need.

Does anybody know about wiring? I found this schematic -

(got it from this site: https://sites.google.com/site/phostenixwiringdiagrams/teles/3-pickup-teles)
it promises the sounds I want, but what the hell is that switch? That's not a fender 5-way switch, never heard of a super switch before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

magnificent7 posted:

it promises the sounds I want, but what the hell is that switch? That's not a fender 5-way switch, never heard of a super switch before.
It's a Fender Super Switch, just like it says. If you have a Nashville Tele, that's the selector switch it has in it.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SubG posted:

It's a Fender Super Switch, just like it says. If you have a Nashville Tele, that's the selector switch it has in it.
Thanks for the input. That's what I'd hoped but nope. Mine's a late 80s jap tele w/3 pickups (a foto-flame finish?), and the previous owner upgraded it to a strat pickup scheme, which defeats the purpose.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
If that's not the switch that's in your guitar, then what switch do you have in your guitar?

Edit: That was a dumb question, it's probably this one, right?

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 22, 2014

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry I never responded. Yeah, I think that's the one.

I ponied up the massive $13 for a super switch, and I'm half-way done rewiring that bitch.

• Locked thread