Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
and if so is it funny bad or just bad bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PWFEeRApA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
it made millions of dollars as did Heaven is Real

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I saw it in theaters and it's hilarious

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

dead gods darbery do

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

God is homosexual.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

it came out and convinced everyone that god is not, in fact, dead.

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax
anyone else see it?

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
i saw this tonight, my school's christ club thought it would be a good idea to show it

the crowd was a weird mix of people watching it ironically and 'people' watching unironically

there were some actually really not-funny parts but as a whole the movie was real funny

the whole class did indeed stand up and clap

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OMFG FURRY posted:

it made millions of dollars as did Heaven is Real

The title was actually "Heaven is For Real" lol

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
god's gay

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

CruJones posted:

god's gay

god's not straight, he's living a lie!

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

a bone to pick posted:

The title was actually "Heaven is For Real" lol

what i love is their proof is a three year old nearly died and said he saw stuff
poo poo i lied all the time when i was three for attention

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

heaven is israel

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
american protestants literally have faith in god like kids have faith in santa clause

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

kull the conqueror was an aight movie

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I never saw anything of that weird Andromeda sci-fi series Sorbo was in but wasn't there a bunch of dudes who all worshiped Nietzsche?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

No way

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9gC1GiSDDA

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I preferred Xena, anyway.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
How did the Duck Dynasty guys feature in the movie?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

VanSandman posted:

what i love is their proof is a three year old nearly died and said he saw stuff

if a 3 year old told me it was raining id walk outside with just a t shirt on for real

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Last Buffalo posted:

How did the Duck Dynasty guys feature in the movie?

The Vietnam vet guy just paratroops into Syria and kills every ISIS fighter with his shotgun while screaming "AllaWHO? AllaME, MOTHERFUCKERS"

It's a great message for our youth, praise God

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

VanSandman posted:

I didn't believe you until I looked at wiki. "Colton also claimed that he personally met Jesus riding a rainbow-colored horse and sat in Jesus's lap while angels sang songs to him." :lol: Jesus is gay.

God's Not Dead posted:

Josh Wheaton (Shane Harper), a Christian college student, enrolls in a philosophy class taught by Professor Jeffrey Radisson (Kevin Sorbo), an atheist, who demands that his students sign a declaration that "God is dead" to get a passing grade. Josh is the only student in the class who refuses to sign and is then required by Radisson to debate the topic with him, with the class members deciding who wins.

Radisson gives Josh twenty minutes at the end of the first three lecture sessions to argue that God exists. In the first two debates, Radisson has counter arguments for all of Josh's points. Josh's girlfriend Kara (Cassidy Gifford) breaks up with him, fearing that standing up to Radisson will jeopardize their academic future. Ultimately, it comes down to the third and final debate between Radisson and Josh, who again both make compelling points. Josh then halts his line of debate to pose a question to Radisson: "Why do you hate God?" After Josh repeats the question twice more, Radisson explodes in rage, confirming he hates God for his mother's death that left him alone despite his prayers. Josh then casually asks Radisson how he can hate someone that doesn't exist. In the end, Martin (Paul Kwo), a foreign exchange student whose father had encouraged him not to convert to Christianity, stands up and says "God's not dead." Almost the entire class follows Martin's lead, causing Radisson to leave the room in defeat.

Against the backdrop of the debates, a series of peripherally related subplots develop. Radisson dates Mina (Cory Oliver), a Christian whom he often belittles in front of his fellow atheist colleagues. Her brother Mark (Dean Cain), a successful businessman and atheist, refuses to visit their mother, who suffers from dementia. Mark's girlfriend, Amy (Trisha LaFache), is a left-wing blogger who writes articles critical of Duck Dynasty. When she is diagnosed with cancer, Mark dumps her. A Muslim student named Ayisha (Hadeel Sittu) secretly converts to Christianity and is disowned by her father when he finds out.

After the final debate, Josh invites Martin to attend the Newsboys concert that is in town. Radisson reads a letter from his late mother, and is moved to reconcile with Mina. Amy confronts the Newsboys in their dressing room, only to admit that she wants to get to know God. While on his way to find Mina, Radisson is struck by a car and fatally injured. Reverend Dave (David A. R. White) finds him and guides him in becoming a Christian as he dies. Mark at last visits his mother, only to taunt her; she responds that all of his financial success was given to him by Satan.

As the film ends, the Newsboys play a video clip of Willie Robertson congratulating Josh. The Newsboys then play their song "God's Not Dead", dedicating it to Josh

This movie sounds hilarious.

Dead Precedents fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 25, 2014

naem
May 29, 2011

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
my mother texted me "GODS NOT DEAD" and i thought she was trying to be edgy with me or something but no she saw the movie is all.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Precedents posted:

"Colton also claimed that he personally met Jesus riding a rainbow-colored horse and sat in Jesus's lap while angels sang songs to him."

easy way to tell if the kid was lying is to ask what race jesus was

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Precedents posted:

God's not dead plot

wow that movie sounds like everything wrong with modern christianity

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
Muslim girl discovering Jesus, according to God's Not Dead. http://youtu.be/SLYafQUDrOk?t=2m6s

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Chuck Tanner posted:

and if so is it funny bad or just bad bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90PWFEeRApA

Looks great. Cant wit to see it at a local.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

kruna posted:

Muslim girl discovering Jesus, according to God's Not Dead. http://youtu.be/SLYafQUDrOk?t=2m6s

hahahaha

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
of course it's the muslim dude who slaps his daughter and forces her out

i bet every non-christian in this movie is made out to be a lovely terrible person

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

kruna posted:

loving hell.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

oval office raja posted:

of course it's the muslim dude who slaps his daughter and forces her out

Also the muslim dude is ugly and fat.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I saw it. It was hilariously bad. I recommend!

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
I'm in an atheist group on Facebook (Ug) and all these spergy mother fuckers met up at the movie theater to go see this movie. Considering they paid $9 to see something they knew they wouldn't like, they were remarkably smug about it in the post showing deluge of updates.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's really a shame, because the group actually has a pretty decent background knowledge of atheism and atheist techniques.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
Naw they're a bunch of lunatics. They tried to sue a preschool for doing that Charlie Brown Christmas play last year.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
My coworker saw this movie. He wouldn't shut the gently caress up about going to see it, and he wouldn't shut the gently caress up about seeing it after he saw it. I wish he would shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

CruJones posted:

god's gay

i'm also gay

• Locked thread