Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

tadashi posted:

N: I had no idea: Dominican players bring home-made Dominican food for the Dominican players on the visiting team so they don't miss their favorite foods when they're away from home:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...4390_story.html

V: :unsmith: Baseball is wonderful

From the links below that article I learned that Denard Span suggests his recent hot streak (which has featured nearly 10% of his career homeruns in the past five days) may be due to his eating Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss Vlad :(

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Friend called up and asked if we wanted to goto the Rays/Blue Jays game tonight, first thought was ehhh it's the rays and blue jays, then he mentioned the seats were right behind home plate in the Dex Imaging Home Plate club. 1st or 2nd row behind home plate, full service menu, access to a buffet and unlimited bar service. Ok I'm in! Should be pretty cool

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Any thoughts for an upcoming Angels game goonmeet thing? The next homestand will be the last one of the year, it runs Friday Sept. 12th through Sunday Sept. 21st. Weekend series are Astros and then the Rangers for 3 with the Mariners being Monday-Thursday. The Friday the 19th is a beer stein giveaway night, which is cool but will likely drive up ticket prices. I don't know where you guys like to sit or if you even care, but I generally sit in the 400s and 500s closer to the infield on the 1B side (more action between home and first base) (sect. 511-530, 410-427). Prices look to be about 25$ plus fees for that Friday night. In some cases it looks cheaper through Angels ticketmaster than the Angels ticket exchange.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Good Dog posted:

Any thoughts for an upcoming Angels game goonmeet thing? The next homestand will be the last one of the year, it runs Friday Sept. 12th through Sunday Sept. 21st. Weekend series are Astros and then the Rangers for 3 with the Mariners being Monday-Thursday. The Friday the 19th is a beer stein giveaway night, which is cool but will likely drive up ticket prices. I don't know where you guys like to sit or if you even care, but I generally sit in the 400s and 500s closer to the infield on the 1B side (more action between home and first base) (sect. 511-530, 410-427). Prices look to be about 25$ plus fees for that Friday night. In some cases it looks cheaper through Angels ticketmaster than the Angels ticket exchange.

I'm down for any of these dates and I totally agree on the seating preferences.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoeank posted:

Sometimes I don't think Photoshop should exist. :nws:http://i.imgur.com/03tGdX6.jpg:nws:

Going to get banned from the Bless You Boys forums with this doozy.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

mattfl posted:

Friend called up and asked if we wanted to goto the Rays/Blue Jays game tonight, first thought was ehhh it's the rays and blue jays, then he mentioned the seats were right behind home plate in the Dex Imaging Home Plate club. 1st or 2nd row behind home plate, full service menu, access to a buffet and unlimited bar service. Ok I'm in! Should be pretty cool

Uhhhhh, Stroman vs. Archer?

So I guess you just don't like baseball?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

WienerDog posted:

He's in Tampa, what do you think?

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Holy hell, apparently the Brewers' scouting director just died suddenly last night.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

William T. Hornaday posted:

Holy hell, apparently the Brewers' scouting director just died suddenly last night.

The Brewers

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

nerve posted:

The Brewers

This may have been funnier in your head

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

We all did.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

h/t otf on twitter

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

Boon posted:

We all did.

I'm not gonna lie, I envy him a bit right now.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

tadashi posted:

I wonder if Castro is done for the season. It's "just a strain" but I'm not sure what they get out of rushing him back into the lineup.

It appears Castro will be out the rest of the season.

It sucks because he was playing exceptionally well lately, but this season's already over. I'm 100% okay with them being cautious. They can keep Rizzo out the rest of the year too as far as I'm concerned.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

WienerDog posted:

I'm a Red Sox fan of course!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

FairGame posted:

h/t otf on twitter

Vin Scully: Aaaaaaaaaand heeeeeeeeere comes a heart attaaaaaack.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I bet he didn't see that coming

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Now he'll never be the head of a major corporation. Thank you.

Qwertyiop25
Jan 19, 2011

D is for Dank
It's Hammerin' Hank
Green in his name
And Green in his bank.

#cantpredictbaseball

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Much better now

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
He's just like the Jeff Suppan contract: Dead On Arrival

Soulwrangler
May 15, 2005

But the kids love us.

FairGame posted:

h/t otf on twitter

I love that no one is sitting within 10 feet of him.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

He had to be stopped. We in the future have found the Brewers' dominance of baseball to be intolerable.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Ya, I retract my previous optimism. The Cardinals are going to win the world series. Why did I expect better from a world where people behead journalists to make stupid rhetorical points.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

FairGame posted:

h/t otf on twitter

Because everyone wanted a closer look:

from https://twitter.com/gregofla/status/507283787680464896

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I mean, it did at that point? And also did earlier this season?

And I'm pretty sure we all knew this was coming, it just would have been nice to be wrong.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The_Hat posted:

Because everyone wanted a closer look:

from https://twitter.com/gregofla/status/507283787680464896

Reminds me of the ice cream dude in Lilo & Stitch. Except, y'know, with beer.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

nerve posted:

I mean, it did at that point? And also did earlier this season?

And I'm pretty sure we all knew this was coming, it just would have been nice to be wrong.

Still surprised they didn't try to upgrade Overbay/Reynolds.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

They almost got Morneau I think

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

rickiep00h posted:

Reminds me of the ice cream dude in Lilo & Stitch. Except, y'know, with beer.

and a hot dog

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Matt Clark is starting at first base tonight. :eng99:

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.

nerve posted:

They almost got Morneau I think

Yeah the Rockies being the Rockies decided to hold onto him. Rockies.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
Can someone who watched the silly Dodgers/Nats game shed some light on why this happened?

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Thesoro posted:

Can someone who watched the silly Dodgers/Nats game shed some light on why this happened?

Lack of bench options.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Lack of bench options.
I guess it just seemed real silly to me to have a pitcher bat but not pitch. I'm guessing the idea is: since he's a starting pitcher he's less terrible at the plate than a bullpen pitcher, and he's not going to pitch either way since he's resting, might as well throw him in for an AB and hope he draws a walk or something?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Thesoro posted:

I guess it just seemed real silly to me to have a pitcher bat but not pitch. I'm guessing the idea is: since he's a starting pitcher he's less terrible at the plate than a bullpen pitcher, and he's not going to pitch either way since he's resting, might as well throw him in for an AB and hope he draws a walk or something?

This happens every once in awhile in the NL and sometimes it owns

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

I think you'll find that Brewers Baseball does in fact fuckin rule, they just haven't actually played baseball in ages

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Thesoro posted:

Was TLR managing that game for some reason, because he did that poo poo ALL THE TIME :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Some really good crowd shots this past couple of days

• Locked thread