Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Lol look at all these fat poors arguing about which fat poor food they wasted their money on today.

This.

Also, five guys' fries lick my taint and they don't charge extra for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
When I had their fries they were good. Like good combo of crispy and soggy, like bacon can be sometimes. Maybe soggy isn't the right word. What was right was that these were earthy, meaty potatoes fried in some heavy oil and I got a cluster of fries so filling I couldn't finish the order. I don't eat burgers or meat much but I'll kill a good order of fries. Yeah man, probably the airport. I had mine in Washington DC. It was a really trendy part of town, apparently.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Cream_Filling posted:

this is even worse than the tipping reply because it could actulaly be real and that would be sad

It's my sincere opinion on fries: Soggy beats crispy, every time.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

ScratchAndSniff posted:

Lol look at all these fat poors arguing about which fat poor food they wasted their money on today.

A servant literally handed me my burger.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Soggy from the five guys' semen, OP

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Soggy from the five guys' semen, OP

As some one who worked there I can confirm.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
meat is expensive if you haven't noticed, if you want a $1 burger go eat poo poo at mcdonalds

also, lol if you get regular instead of cajun fries

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

Decrepus posted:

You have to pay a lot for Burger+Fries since Five Guys employees don't receive tips, you the consumer, end up paying more for their princely wages.

Except they have a clearly marked tip jar at the register here?

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
if you're just now trying five guys and making judgement on it you have missed its prime by a solid fuckin five+ years. its now riding off the gravy train that was once its glory

im even more snootier and know they were the best in 2005 or so, but they had a very consistent run up around 2010. now its very hit or miss which was highly expected once they franchised out so aggressively

sorry

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

RavenousScoot posted:

Except they have a clearly marked tip jar at the register here?

"here" means nothing to me I don't live at and post from Five Guys Burgers and Fries and RavenousScoot.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

1gnoirents posted:

if you're just now trying five guys and making judgement on it you have missed its prime by a solid fuckin five+ years. its now riding off the gravy train that was once its glory

im even more snootier and know they were the best in 2005 or so, but they had a very consistent run up around 2010. now its very hit or miss which was highly expected once they franchised out so aggressively

sorry

this is very true

the one in milwaukee in a crappy part of town is complete garbage, the one in inner harbor baltimore is fantastic

ones i've had in rochester, MN, washington DC, Nashville, TN, Orlando, FL and Peoria, IL have been in between

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

1gnoirents posted:

sorry

I agree.

Kansas still has decent 5 guys.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Al Harrington posted:

this is very true

the one in milwaukee in a crappy part of town is complete garbage, the one in inner harbor baltimore is fantastic

ones i've had in rochester, MN, washington DC, Nashville, TN, Orlando, FL and Peoria, IL have been in between

DC area ones were the first three if i recall and the best for a loooooooooong time. also instead of purposefully cheap looking they actually were, i have fond memories of dinged up styrofoam cups and aluminum foil wading through a mountain of peanut shells mouth watering anticipating biting into one of the best things $5 could buy. also forget sitting, you ate in your car or went home because the 7 square feet of table space had its own line

also for a long time the oneo f the five original guys would come in and work and cook all day. that happened for years

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Volume posted:

As some one who worked there I can confirm.

How often did you beat your meat with the meat?

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I was introduced to the chain by watching obama go into a dc one on tv and I was in baltimore at the time and someone said there was one nearby, good times, that was indeed probably 5 years ago

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
the fries are literally 1500 calories alone.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

The Walking Dad posted:

Calories do not matter you literally burn them.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Decrepus posted:

Calories do not matter you literally burn them.

:eyepop:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

what if its not the amount of calories.. but the type of calories

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

When I wake up I take Carcinogen Cambiogia as seen on Dr Oz and the calories and fat literally melts off/

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

The Walking Dad posted:

lol if you're fat enough to actually finish the fries

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Decrepus posted:

When I wake up I take Carcinogen Cambiogia as seen on Dr Oz and the calories and fat literally melts off/

i just stick with good ol fashioned meth. you ever see a fat methhead? nope.
goons: take note. gyms too much work? raiding all day wearing you down? not enough time in the day to make posts? meth is the answer. your fat will literaly melt off and soon you'll be able to make fun of all the fatgoons with smug pride like the rest of us

e: still tho, that's a lot of calories for fries? I've never ate at five guys (this is sexist) so i dunno how big the portions are and stuff. a little caesars clocks in round 2200 so is it basically just a pizza sized plate of fries?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 2, 2014

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ScratchAndSniff posted:

mom I told you not to post in food threads with me

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Al Harrington posted:

lol if you're fat enough to actually finish the fries

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I asked if I could have fry sauce at smash burger recently and the cashier scoffed and said "we don't serve that here" like it was some sick schlock

loving jokes on her cause they used to before new management took over and poo poo all over the place.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Last time I ate at an airport I had to get up halfway through my flight to puke up a rancid-tasting mix of cheap beer and something that tasted like I'd mixed graveyard dirt with ground beef. The taste was so loving horrible that I actually delayed a client meeting so that I could stop in at a Duane Reade and buy a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a bottle of mouthwash. Even after that I felt gross for the rest of the day.

Anyway, Five Guys has just OK fries at their usual locations. Just skip them and eat peanuts or something.

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
protip: get the hotdog instead, except get two because fries are stupid

you don't need bacon or cheese or anything, just the basic hotdog, with mushrooms and onions and jalapenos--with mayo if you're ok with that, or mustard if you're more traditional, or both if you're feeling crazy... add some hot sauce too, not for the heat--you already added jalapenos--but for some good vinegar flavor

thank me later

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

devin2 posted:

you don't need bacon or cheese or anything, just the basic hotdog, with mushrooms and onions and jalapenos--with mayo if you're ok with that, or mustard if you're more traditional, or both if you're feeling crazy... add some hot sauce too, not for the heat--you already added jalapenos--but for some good vinegar flavor

thank me later

how about i never thank you and you eat poo poo and die?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i got a burrito place in qdoba or something at the airport in new jersey and it tasted like every other fast burrito place burrito ive ever eaten in or out of an airport but this one had a little sign explaining that the high prices were because we were in new jersey

why you pay more for being in new jersey makes no sense though if anything poo poo should be subsidized as an apology

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

how many threads about five guys do we need

The Ranger
Apr 7, 2004

One of these days, I'm going to snap and kill that fucking bear.
Fast food's a low-wage, high-turnover occupation. Doesn't lend itself to consistency, especially with the number of locations of 5guys that exist now. Find yourself a good local chipstand or hole-in-the-wall diner if you want that kind of food. Or better yet, make it at home.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
franchise chains that intentionally make their places look cheap and "oh it was just set up like this" like 5 guys, chipotle, and to some extent starbucks (with their fake blackboards and other displays) are so corporate they make my eyes bleed. also whole foods, with their pallets of food that "just haven't been stocked yet". it's all disgusting in its own way. someone else find some better words pls thanks.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tautologicus posted:

franchise chains that intentionally make their places look cheap and "oh it was just set up like this" like 5 guys, chipotle, and to some extent starbucks (with their fake blackboards and other displays) are so corporate they make my eyes bleed. also whole foods, with their pallets of food that "just haven't been stocked yet". it's all disgusting in its own way. someone else find some better words pls thanks.

white is the word your looking for

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
The fries are average at best but at least they give you more than you could ever possibly eat, making you feel like a wasteful dick.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

white is the word your looking for
in n out is at least honest and outright about its whiteness, it embraces it and does its best regardless.

god bless in n out

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
so what is an african, meixcan or non-white burger?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I don't eat meat you pig.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

devin2 posted:

thank me later

"put mayo on a hot dog and thank me" :barf:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I've had their airport fries - they weren't very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
five guys is great if you want so much grease you'll be queasy for hours

• Locked thread