Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

how can someone honestly say they dont like to eat a peanut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

angerbot posted:

Lifehax: You can use the shell of one pistachio to open another pistachio. Then you can throw them in the trash.

eat the shells pussy

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

it is such a simple proletarian pleasure. its like being unable to enjoy an ice cold bud after a hard days work in the warehouse

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

THS posted:

how can someone honestly say they dont like to eat a peanut

people who grew up on peanut butter and never had a nut in they life may often not enjoy the slightly bitter taste of a real unsalted peanut

theyre fuckers just kill 'em

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

THS posted:

why do so many ppl hate pecans when in reality they own and are easily in the top 5 nuts

This. Pecans are the champs of nuts and all you bustas saying otherwise can eat a dick covered in pistachio dust.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Eating dry roasted peanuts with the shell and all gives you some wicked shits later.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
there's no finer feeling than stepping outside on a hot, dry day, biting through a peanut shell and sucking down the refreshing nuts inside, along with a couple of those tough hairish strands that detach from the broken husk and lodge partway down your throat and cause you to retch and sputter chunks of peanut across the driveway as you fall to your knees and your vision fades to black

YourHealthyColon
Nov 21, 2013
My grandpa calls brazil nuts "black people toes," but instead of black people another word i dont dare repeat

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

YourHealthyColon posted:

My grandpa calls brazil nuts "black people toes," but instead of black people another word i dont dare repeat

Ah, your family is from the South, too. Sucks, doesn't it?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Wicker Man posted:

Eating dry roasted peanuts with the shell and all gives you some wicked shits later.

who does this. i always pop them open w/ my fingers and eat the delicious dry roasted peanuts inside

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

THS posted:

who does this. i always pop them open w/ my fingers and eat the delicious dry roasted peanuts inside

But the outside has all that delicious salty brine on it! What a waste to throw it all away.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
suck on it like ur mom suckled on my sac

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Wicker Man posted:

But the outside has all that delicious salty brine on it! What a waste to throw it all away.

That's like eating the husk of a coconut, it just isn't right.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

is a coconut a nut??

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

THS posted:

is a coconut a nut??

Why else would they call it that?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
Macadamia: on their own or in cookies or pretty much anywhere, also known as the "nutty professor of nuts"

Pistachio: on their own or in ice cream. mean and green

Almond: on their own (roasted) or in SOME dishes don't get carried away

Walnut: in pies

Pecan: also in pies

Peanut: at a baseball game or boiled and purchased from a toothless man at a roadside stand with a "no negroes" sign (must be present)

Chestnuts: what is this charles dickens are we christmas caroling you weirdo

Hazelnuts: in Nutella and praline ice cream

Cashew: eh ok if you need to bulk up a bag of mixed nuts

Coconut: is this a nut i don't know

Pine nut: good for squirrels and cous cous

Brazil nuts: in chocolates ONLY, keep this "bad boy" of nuts out of mixed nut assortments

My nuts: delicious on their own or bouncing off your chin accompanying the rich flavors of my dick

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

you irl posted:

My nuts: also in pies

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you irl posted:

Coconut: is this a nut i don't know

i did some research on this and the scientific consensus seems to be "sure why nut"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cashews.
Pistachios.
Almonds.
Peanuts.

Precisely and perfectly in that order.
Also coconuts loving suck. I mean they're not disgusting or whatever, but every time you get an actual real coconut you think "Oh boy this is gonna be great" and then it's just waxy bullshit.
Coconut water is real good though I like that stuff.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

coconut milk is the secret to cooking amazing south and southeast asian dishes every time

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

cashews are a huge bitch to crack open, the rest of the nut is extremely toxic. the harvesting of cashews is problematic from a human rights perspective cause its an unbelievably lovely, low paying, tedious job

Business Octopus
Jun 27, 2005

Me IRL
i remember buying some hazelnuts one time because i love them in chocolates, nutella, kinder bueno, etc. VERY disappointing, do not buy unless you ar ethinking of making homemade hazelnut butter

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

THS posted:

the harvesting of cashews is problematic from a human rights perspective cause its an unbelievably lovely, low paying, tedious job

That is only problematic if you care about poor ugly people, I think you will find that your life is much better in general if you don't.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
macadamias are extremely my poo poo but why do they cost five times as much as the next most expensive nuts? makes u think / follow the money

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THE PENETRATOR posted:

people who grew up on peanut butter and never had a nut in they life may often not enjoy the slightly bitter taste of a real unsalted peanut

theyre fuckers just kill 'em

boiled peanuts proest peanut

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
i wouldn't call myself a nut connoisseur but cashews are definitely my favorite

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Almond is the best nut. if you disagree you are a loving idiot and should jump from the highest structure in your area.

Good night and sweet dreams.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
If you don't like pecans then gently caress you.

Pecans
Cashews
Pistachios
Peanuts
Almonds
Everything else except Brazil nuts

Brazil nuts

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It feels like a loving Planters Deluxe can in here.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

not a single person going to bat for brazil nuts so far

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THS posted:

technically theyre not a nut either

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
also dont forget to include chestnuts, another pro nut

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i hate cashews eaten by themselves roasted and salted more than almost any other nut except for peanuts. But I do like them in like asian food and poo poo.

how the gently caress a pecan could be towards the bottom of any list is beyond my understanding. brazil nuts too. tip top

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Frostwerks posted:

i hate cashews eaten by themselves roasted and salted more than almost any other nut except for peanuts. But I do like them in like asian food and poo poo.

how the gently caress a pecan could be towards the bottom of any list is beyond my understanding. brazil nuts too. tip top

so what do you like about the brazil nut

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

THS posted:

brazil nuts own :)

shame about the racists bringing them down.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

THS posted:

texture, taste, calorie and protein dense.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

THS posted:

theybre big and have an interesting texture - very 'crisp' almost like a water chestnut with oil expressed as you chew

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
honestly i love any sort of roasted+salted "crunchy seedlike thing" that i've had barring cashews and peanuts. cashews and peannuts i merely like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
i got a 2 pound tub of planters deluxe mixed nuts by my side and the looking down from the top is all cashews because i pour the contents into a bowl and sift through the things i like and put the cashews back lol. i save them up and either eat them when im too drunk to give a gently caress or give them to my dad who loves cashews.

has cashews, almods, pecans, brazil nuts and hazelnuts

• Locked thread