Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sportsnet even canned Debrusk for Drew Remenda.

God Bless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
I bought a home Lars "larry" Eller hab jersey, it's cool.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

god help me the first thing i thought when i saw it was september was 'training camps this month!'

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
I was kinda hoping the August thread would stay open for a while and I could cling to summer a little longer. :smith:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
gently caress the heat, gently caress mosquitoes and gently caress no hockey. It's training camp season bitch.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Go Minnesota Fighting North Wild

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Austrian mook posted:

gently caress the heat, gently caress mosquitoes and gently caress no hockey. It's training camp season bitch.

i thought you were in vancouver? there are no mosquitos here

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.
The weather is starting to get hotter and humid here which can mean only one thing, hockey is just around the corner!

Which reminds me I need to get GameCenter again, I hope my horrible internet connection can handle it this year. Can you still get it cheaper if you use a proxy to something eastern European?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

the talent deficit posted:

I spent a weekend camping on the island, I'm covered head to toe in bites.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Krigen posted:

The weather is starting to get hotter and humid here which can mean only one thing, hockey is just around the corner!

Which reminds me I need to get GameCenter again, I hope my horrible internet connection can handle it this year. Can you still get it cheaper if you use a proxy to something eastern European?

It's Russia, I believe

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I, for one, am ready for the tender coaching embrace of Willie Dejardins

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So can anyone defeat Buffalo in their quest for McDavid?

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Austrian mook posted:

The draft lottery.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Austrian mook posted:

They're probably the worst team in the league, but between prospects and a few middling FA adds they aren't as far and away dreadful as they were last year. They could plausibly be 'caught' by a team like Carolina or Calgary. Nashville is another team that is not bad like Buffalo, but with a bit of bad luck and a strong division could still finish among the dregs of the league.

e: I also wouldn't be surprised to see some of the iffier teams like Phoenix or Ottawa respond to a dodgy start by selling hard early and trying to get a head start on the 2nd-tier bad teams. Because, of course, it's a very strong draft year beyond McDavid with dudes like Eichel, Hanifin, and Kylington all looking good right now.

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 2, 2014

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

There's no heat either.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Hand Knit posted:

e: I also wouldn't be surprised to see some of the iffier teams like Phoenix or Ottawa respond to a dodgy start by selling hard early and trying to get a head start on the 2nd-tier bad teams. Because, of course, it's a very strong draft year beyond McDavid with dudes like Eichel, Hanifin, and Kylington all looking good right now.

Ottawa won't sell. They need that (extremely unlikely) playoff revenue.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

Austrian mook posted:

i think san jose, vancouver and philadelphia could all be really brutally bad this year. toronto are always favorites to be horrific. florida, carolina and phoenix look really bad too

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Why would you think that about San Jose?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

is that the case now? I remember getting eaten alive as a child but i dont remember the last mosquito bite ive gotten. its probably been years

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Verviticus posted:

is that the case now? I remember getting eaten alive as a child but i dont remember the last mosquito bite ive gotten. its probably been years

Depends where you are, I live in Richmond which is all marshland so there's mosquitoes everywhere.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

i think san jose, vancouver and philadelphia could all be really brutally bad this year. toronto are always favorites to be horrific. florida, carolina and phoenix look really bad too
hahaha on what planet are the San Jose Sharks not a playoff team barring a disastrous confluence of major injuries

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
San Jose did some weird poo poo this offseason but ultimately what that really amounted to was some weird symbolism with Joe Thornton, putting idiots on the fourth line (which isn't even cinched yet, really), and losing a very old Dan Boyle. The top of the West is probably pulling away from them, but they should still be pretty good.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

San Jose did some weird poo poo this offseason but ultimately what that really amounted to was some weird symbolism with Joe Thornton, putting idiots on the fourth line (which isn't even cinched yet, really), and losing a very old Dan Boyle. The top of the West is probably pulling away from them, but they should still be pretty good.
Correct. I'm not even sure about how far away they are from the top of the West. The forward group looks thin right now, but I have no idea how the bottom six will actually shake out. Tyler Kennedy barely got to play down the stretch last year, but for all we know someone like him or Tye McGinn might step up and play well actual ice time.

With all of that said, I think people are understating how much Burns being back on the blue line hurts San Jose up front. If there's one offseason decision I vehemently disagree with it, it's that one.

I think the team figures Mirco Mueller has a good shot at making the team out of camp to bolster the blue line but are keeping quiet about it because they want to keep the pressure off of him. It's a little insane to expect that a 19 year old could play effectively at the NHL level right out of camp - the Sharks got really lucky with Vlasic on that front.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

I have been getting Gamecenter for 2 years now, but this Russia deal sounds great. How would I go about this? Do I need to cancel my current subscription and then re-sign up using the proxy? Will they see they are being hoodwinked by the email address/CC # being the same as a former subscriber in the US?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Dudes are mad about the Wild, I'm chill. We will go undefeated :coal:

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 2, 2014

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
Can gamecentre be shared if people are using a different OS and or device? I'm looking at picking it up for myself but would be a lot more interested if I could split it with a friend, if not I'll probably still end up getting it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus Blue Jackets September to-do list:
-Sign Ryan Johansen.
-Start lining up insurance players for training camp invites in case Johansen continues to hold out and demand $7M a year for his one good year.
-Sign Ryan Johansen.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

darkwolf220 posted:

I have been getting Gamecenter for 2 years now, but this Russia deal sounds great. How would I go about this? Do I need to cancel my current subscription and then re-sign up using the proxy? Will they see they are being hoodwinked by the email address/CC # being the same as a former subscriber in the US?

I cancelled my auto renew and then signed up via the Russia thing (which involves Chrome and the Hola plugin) and it worked for me. You cannot share devices if you want to watch at the same time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How do you even cancel Gamecenter? Do you still need to call?

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Lumius posted:

Can gamecentre be shared if people are using a different OS and or device? I'm looking at picking it up for myself but would be a lot more interested if I could split it with a friend, if not I'll probably still end up getting it.

No you cannot share Gamecenter with anyone

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Aphrodite posted:

How do you even cancel Gamecenter? Do you still need to call?

I think under billing options there is a checkbox for auto-renew that you have to uncheck.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Blackhawks still over salary cap. Selling a gimpy kinda old right winger who can rap but also makes ill-advised decisions with the puck. Sometimes he scores, usually by accident.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

onemillionzombies posted:

Blackhawks still over salary cap. Selling a gimpy kinda old right winger who can rap but also makes ill-advised decisions with the puck. Sometimes he scores, usually by accident.

Don't say that so loud. Therrien might hear you.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Hand Knit posted:

They're probably the worst team in the league, but between prospects and a few middling FA adds they aren't as far and away dreadful as they were last year.

They had Moulson most of last year, so whatever for bringing him back.
They replaced Ehrhoff with Josh Gorges, which at best is maaaaaaybe a wash...but probably a downgrade.
They replaced Tallinder with Mezsaros (who I think is a reclaimation project at this point)
They replaced Jamie McBain with Andre Benoit (this has to be an upgrade, McBain was complete poo poo)
They replaced Steve Ott with Gionta (upgrade, huge massive upgrade...but I doubt he's going to make a huge difference)
A couple of the kids will probably be better, but not THAT much better...they only ones that are locks to be on the roster are Grigensons (who at best is going to be a 2/3rd line tweener), Pysyk (played a decent amount last year and will probably be pretty steady) and I'd assume Ristolainen (who'll be a stud, but not next year...bit he's not a LOCK to stick, if they stick him in the minors again I'd be shocked, but they added NHL bodies at D)

But here's the big thing...the Sabres last year were complete and utter dog poo poo with Ryan Miller playing REAL well. This year they're going with a Jhonas Enroth/Michal Nuevirth combo. Even if the roster improves somehow...the goaltending is gonna be hilariously bad.

They're still gonna be real real bad, maybe even worse.

Even if they don't win the lottery, they're going to at least get Eichel.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Mike_V posted:

I cancelled my auto renew and then signed up via the Russia thing (which involves Chrome and the Hola plugin) and it worked for me. You cannot share devices if you want to watch at the same time.

poo poo, it really did drop it to $75. Can I still put in a US billing address and do I need to run the Russia proxy every time I use gamecenter, or just to make the account?

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

darkwolf220 posted:

poo poo, it really did drop it to $75. Can I still put in a US billing address and do I need to run the Russia proxy every time I use gamecenter, or just to make the account?

I would assume everytime you logged in you would need to be set to Russia. Which has me spooked because I was filling out CC info to get that sweet Kontinental discount when the page refreshed and the price jumped back to 160$ or whatever. Don't feel like getting a random hiccup that results in 75$ down the drain. Anyone else have this issue?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I have no idea why, but I paid $99 for GCL this year. Maybe because I'm using Unblock-US and it just threw me into a cheaper region? I dunno. Wasn't $75 but definitely wasn't $160..

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
Has Brad Marchand fixed his nose yet. Its real big

Gina like vagina
May 8, 2007

"Tears of the Mariners."

I think I read a review of that. Thought it was one of those baseball stories like "Pride of the Yankees", you know? But it's just about some crabby old sailors, stuck in this little town.

Martytoof posted:

I have no idea why, but I paid $99 for GCL this year. Maybe because I'm using Unblock-US and it just threw me into a cheaper region? I dunno. Wasn't $75 but definitely wasn't $160..

It's $169 in the US and $99 in the rest of the (non-Russian) world. So you must have been charged as being in a different region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hey guys

guys

preseason starts this month :toot:

yeah it's only preseason but goddamn i'll take what I can get

• Locked thread