Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Swift was released from CJ Frost. I wonder who will be the next Jungler to attempt to fill for them?

Coast picked up two Korean players named Miracle and (aptly) Ringer. I don't know who they are. They are taking over for Rhux and Goldenglue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

They do have translators though? They have them on a semi-regular basis, sometimes they come from the team and sometimes they're Rioters. They don't interview LMQ every single time, but they did it a couple times over the season.

Weird that they didn't have them around so they could interview Lustboy then. You'd think they want to talk to him some considering how he joined the team just in time for them to make this run. Guess the thing about him not being on the approved list to ask questions of must be correct, although that's a little weird in itself considering most sports leagues mandate some media interaction by the players post game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Libertine posted:

Coast picked up two Korean players named Miracle and (aptly) Ringer. I don't know who they are. They are taking over for Rhux and Goldenglue.

They were apparently members of the #1 ranked 5 team in Korea, and then when they came here they were on a top 5 ranked 5s team. Also they speak fluent english which seems huge.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Libertine posted:

Swift was released from CJ Frost. I wonder who will be the next Jungler to attempt to fill for them?

Sucks for Frost Swift was one of their best players.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

Libertine posted:

This is good news for people like me who never liked Rhux.

On the other hand, I'm finally getting time to watch TSM v C9.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
If you can't speak english, you shouldn't be allowed to play in NA LCS. If you learn and pick it up within the split, that's fine, but how can you truly call yourselves an NA team when it's just 5 people who moved in from china (a la LMQ). I really hope that riot implements rules to ban teams that do this next year.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
You hear that you filthy French Canadians and Mexcians, gently caress off of our glorious continent. The American Dream

is for Americans 8)

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

You hear that you filthy French Canadians and Mexcians, gently caress off of our glorious continent. The American Dream

is for Americans 8)

Name every mexican and french canadian that can't speak english in the NA LCS.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
ls is having some drama with ocelote

lol

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
who is ls

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

TheChad posted:

who is ls

SHC's old coach and #1 korean lover worldwide

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Probably some soloqueue god from the depths of the Korean challenger scene.

I have no idea why Coast are making a roster swap right before the promotional tournament. That is very stupid.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lovechop posted:

SHC's old coach and #1 korean lover worldwide

XJ9?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Kreczor posted:

Name every mexican and french canadian that can't speak english in the NA LCS.

does the US even have an official language, let alone NA?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
please get your SHC coach lore correct, there's the one who jerks it to MLP and there is ALSO the one who jerks it to pictures of the south korean flag. it is the latter we are talking about here today.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Not wanting NA/EU to become regions filled with non NA/EU teams is legitimate, but not speaking english has nothing to do with it and is kind of a dumb thing to be hung up on

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Redmark posted:

does the US even have an official language, let alone NA?

i just want to understand my idols when they're talking instead of some random gibberish from a third world country

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There are a lot of players in the EU LCS that don't speak English as their first language. Most of Gambit didn't learn English until part-way through Season 3. I'm still not sure if Genja knows English, or even cares.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

There are a lot of players in the EU LCS that don't speak English as their first language. Most of Gambit didn't learn English until part-way through Season 3. I'm still not sure if Genja knows English, or even cares.

To clarify: EU LCS is scum tier, I'm only talking about NA

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kreczor posted:

I hope LMQ makes every team you like cry forever.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
genja is mute and communicates only through item builds

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
I was going to say that at least Cloud 9 puts :911: eternally at the top but even that's gone now so sucks for you I guess :shrug:

As a Brood War fan I'm totally prepared for the ascension of the Korean overlords.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Lovechop posted:

genja is mute and communicates only through item builds
if nothing else this explains his penchant for building tears

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Kreczor posted:

Lol. Here's praying for Shy/Helios/Ambition/Lustboy teaming up and wrecking NA as CJ Entus Lukewarm.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone cares whether someone in a certain region speaks a specific language. I'm way more interested in seeing the best players in the world as often as possible in the best formats possible.

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone cares whether someone in a certain region speaks a specific language. I'm way more interested in seeing the best players in the world as often as possible in the best formats possible.

Yep completely agree. It's cool to have some regional identity to make worlds extra special but I don't really care where individual players are from.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I agree that NA LCS players should be able to speak English in public fluently and comfortably, which sadly disqualifies every team currently playing in the region.

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

It's not that hard to understand, tbh. Unless you're legit bad at following subtitles (which isn't a sin or anything), the only other reason you can possibly have for wanting players in the US region to 'speak english dammit' is exactly the (stupid AND offensive) reason you'd think. Which is to say that I almost wish it was actually possible that only LMQ would make it out of groups, just to spite Kreczor.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Wait, you're telling me that the Yankees aren't all from New York? :wth:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
XWX is feeling many fat emotions about going to worlds.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=370516329767104&id=100004262207473

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

babydonthurtme posted:

It's not that hard to understand, tbh. Unless you're legit bad at following subtitles (which isn't a sin or anything), the only other reason you can possibly have for wanting players in the US region to 'speak english dammit' is exactly the (stupid AND offensive) reason you'd think. Which is to say that I almost wish it was actually possible that only LMQ would make it out of groups, just to spite Kreczor.

I'm illiterate you drat yankee. Korea is already our overlords in gaming, can we not have peace in our own little region where we suck rear end and know it too? I mean, it's not like we can expect any of our teams to get close to the world finals so let NA represent NA and not CN represent NA

e:KR != CN

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 3, 2014

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Xiaoweixiao posted:

My english is not good.So there will be a lot of mistake.I hope u guys don't mind.

Apparently we do mind!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

Apparently we do mind!

Throw me into Korea and I probably wouldn't be able to do much better in 6 months or however long they've been here.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Yo man this is the land of the loving free.

If people have skills and want to immigrate here to become American overlords at League of Legends there's nothing but a great long and storied history of that happening in every other endeavor of man in America.

When type hateful anti-immigrant stuff here you are trying to be all :fsmug:

but really you are just making truly patriotic beasts of legend like Bald Eagles and Quinn players weep :911:

Allowing the best to conquer is just the American way. Koreans coming to NA is like manifest destiny eastward across the blue majesty of the Pacific Ocean.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they stay longer than one split, they should be forced into a fast track full immigration and force them to live here full time. That'll loving teach them from pretending to be American for a few months out of the year.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

If they stay longer than one split, they should be forced into a fast track full immigration and force them to live here full time. That'll loving teach them from pretending to be American for a few months out of the year.

I mean, they may as well suffer like the rest of the american populace. Props to XWX for trying, and Vasilli is getting better as well when it comes to english, they don't need to be exported back to china next split. I expect results from the rest of them though, or I'll have to personally write a very strongly worded letter to riot on why they're ruining our regional seasons with immigrants and refuges.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I too feel that in an online video game whose competitve scene sees the vast majority of the top tier players come from Asia that we should restrict many of those same players from having a realistic shot at competing for the game's biggest championship because we decided to arbitrarily restrict the number of teams that could participate from a specific geopraphic region.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
NA relegation matches are decided: CLG vs Curse Acedemy, EG vs Coast, Complexity vs Team 8

edit: confirmed on Saint's stream Scarra's twitter

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 3, 2014

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

-Evo 2013
Riot should buy an island country and make an idyllic republic of progamers imo

Everyone would of course have to speak Korean in this new world order

also gently caress who are we rooting for in Complexity vs T8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Have to wonder if CLG did that just because they were pissed they got 3-0ed by the real CRS team.

• Locked thread