Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-25844448

Scotland, the land of Braveheart and kilts and Ewan McGregor is finally set to throw off the chains of its England opressor. At last, Edward Longshanks shall be beaten back, and the old timey golf players will be free to eat their shortbread and drink their beer while clenching their clay pipes betwixt their teeth in their cozy "pubs" forever more. "Och, sure and begorrah" they'll say, "FREEDOM! FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM" and the Cheiftans shall caper merrily while Van Morrison whistles a tune of scottish independence while scarfing down a right plum haggis.

This is a thread to express your opinions about Scottish independence, whether Yea or nay ("yes" or "no" in Scottish language.) Only Americans of Scottish heritage, AKA TRUE SCOTTSMEN are allowed to post though.

God bless Mel Gibson and the USA. AMEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
um white people aren't allowed to be proud of their race you loving racist

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
I only support it if it leads to a bloody and drawn out war.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
good i hope they get all the guns kill all the UK.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
i m gay

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

gently caress england

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

THS posted:

gently caress england

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I hope they win

Also I am watching the saved by the bell the unauthorized movie and am thinking that I'm really underwhelmed by their choice to play Kelly Kapowski :colbert:

(For reference this is how she should look, all denim and 80s styled out)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Having learned everything I know about the subject from the Inspector Rebus series of novels, I can safely say that Scotland should be independent. Or perhaps they shouldn't. I don't really know, but that Inspector Rebus is a cool dude.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
judging by this map of the AV referendum
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/United_Kingdom_AV_referendum_area_results.svg

as well as this map of the 2010 election
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2010UKElectionMap.svg

Scotland appears to be the least retarded part of the UK, so I wish them well in their independence

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Sorry forgot to include important information in the OP. Without it it will be impossible to have an informed debate:

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Is there even the tiniest chance in hell of this really happening? I haven't seen the "yes" side polling at more than 35% at any point in the last year.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

You are a nerd posted:

Is there even the tiniest chance in hell of this really happening? I haven't seen the "yes" side polling at more than 35% at any point in the last year.

Don't know, don't care. Your informed opinion smacks of commie talk. Only true American-Scots are allowed to post here, so go back to Uzebekistan or whatever gay country.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

You are a nerd posted:

yes has been gaining momentum and never forget the bradley effect

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

You are a nerd posted:

Scotland has poured billions into hiring celebrities to film commercials and such, even Bono and the rest of U2 are on board

(Pictured Bono, the Edge and one of the other guys)

Redleg
Jul 7, 2003

What an odd looking.....Figurine
In Empire total war when I play France I always invade the UK and let Ireland and Scotland revolt then dismantle all buildings in England and then leave.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Redleg posted:

In Empire total war when I play France I always invade the UK and let Ireland and Scotland revolt then dismantle all buildings in England and then leave.

Please tell us more.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Luvcow posted:

Scotland has poured billions into hiring celebrities to film commercials and such, even Bono and the rest of U2 are on board

(Pictured Bono, the Edge and one of the other guys)

That other guy is Dylan from the hit show Beverly Hills 90210

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
Okay, I looked it up, and apparently it's nearly 50/50 now. I'm not sure who the worst English tories are over there right now so someone fill me in on which british politicians' tears should I most look forward to seeing if this happens.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

You are a nerd posted:

Okay, I looked it up, and apparently it's nearly 50/50 now. I'm not sure who the worst English tories are over there right now so someone fill me in on which british politicians' tears should I most look forward to seeing if this happens.

the only thing i know for sure in the crazy world of british politics is that nick clegg is a loving poo poo rear end fucker and is the worst and if he should be imprisoned for being a stupid british retard

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Inevitable posted:

That other guy is Dylan from the hit show Beverly Hills 90210

:stare: what he doing with U2? They really bringing out the big guns for this one...

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Make David Owen king of england

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Luvcow posted:

:stare: what he doing with U2? They really bringing out the big guns for this one...

U2 fell on hard times.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Latest poll from yougov (company with the highest predisposition towards returning a no result) has a new poll out as of yesterday that had no at 53, yes 47, with dont knows excluded.

So it's possible I guess. I'd vote yes if I was still a national, but I'm not, so I just get to sit back and hope for a yes vote.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Inevitable posted:

U2 fell on hard times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlXsCLWgFkw

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
gently caress independence, traitors, splitters, secessionists and various other fail-nation sorts. gently caress Scotland and gently caress Ireland.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Maoist Pussy posted:

gently caress independence, traitors, splitters, secessionists and various other fail-nation sorts. gently caress Scotland and gently caress Ireland.

how can you have the wrong opinion on everything

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

Maoist Pussy posted:

What about Wales? And Texas?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Maoist Pussy posted:

You sound bitter because we didn't manage to murder Thatcher in Brighton that one time, soz bbz.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

let the scotts be free to get fat on deep fried mars bars

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Nobody cares what Scotland does and nobody ever has

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

THS posted:

gently caress england

THS posted:

gently caress england

THS posted:

gently caress england

Also,

bitch.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What does Irn Bru taste like? I also learned about those from the distinguished Inspector Rebus and have always wondered...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gonna laugh when scotland becomes even worse than it already is

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE nation state on the island imo

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ive worked with scots and english on IT projects and something i noticed is that the scots are almost always either cool or really productive or both and the english are managerial, high strung and pretty much useless

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
I read somewhere that popular surveys of scottish nationals that offer the choices of "total independence", "more independence", and "same level of independence" are split about into thirds, meaning if you ask who wants the status quo kept as is you get an overwhelming landslide of "no"

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

THS posted:

gently caress england

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

THS posted:

gently caress england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

OctoberBlues posted:

What does Irn Bru taste like? I also learned about those from the distinguished Inspector Rebus and have always wondered...

Orange creamy soda, basically.

Maoist Pussy posted:

:lol:

• Locked thread