Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

anime gently caress pillow posted:

I want to thank my scum team for their hard work, though I wish they were capable of surviving battle better.

I was cursed with low stats. If I could have made it one more night I wouldn't have been such a wimp. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh wow, hard to read the doc, but looks like I got triple teamed too. Why did you kill your secret scum ally friends?? :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wanted to tell them not to kill you Burg, but I just couldn't out you. It felt wrong, even if it would force them to spend their next day only lynching you and give us an edge in the fight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I wanted to tell them not to kill you Burg, but I just couldn't out you. It felt wrong, even if it would force them to spend their next day only lynching you and give us an edge in the fight.

Haha, yeah, I think you made the right call there, regardless of the outcome.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In hindsight I should have done that though because then the other team would have maybe wasted damage on you and my team would have p0wned the fight

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

In hindsight I should have done that though because then the other team would have maybe wasted damage on you and my team would have p0wned the fight

It certainly could lead to interesting strategies for future versions of this game. Like why not fake it and tell your people not to attack an actual town(if the group didn't contain any scum for them to hit anyway) to get some of the same results?

If you had done it and I had somehow survived, I would have argued to that effect.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i had max stats at the end of the game.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Fun game. My Care emerged. The Scumteam in our thread delivered a pathetically limp performance and that disappointed me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fair play to diqnol, he did a great job at catching scum this game.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

From a scum perspective, a few things:

A: Allowing double lynches pretty much screwed us from the getgo. At that point, it became survival and I couldn't do much to actually guide anything.

B: The range restriction should have been lifted for internal battle actions. Wouldn't have helped much but eh.

C: The shield mechanic was silly and pretty much wasted a power.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

CCKeane could have soloed capps at any time so you could have ended the game yesterday... because capps decided not to risk having a shield.

the only lasgun used hit an unshielded player so there were no nuclear explosions :(
there was another lasgun and all sorts of artefacts at sietch tabr which never got seen too.

Blargh, I assumed a shield would have been in play, hence my aiming at apostate. :(

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

CCKeane posted:

Blargh, I assumed a shield would have been in play, hence my aiming at apostate. :(

I had hoped one of our guys had a shield, ergo, hopefully a nuclear explosion wiping out that row and putting the other side back in the game.

No such luck, unfortunately.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Thanks for the game, I had a lot of fun!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
You guys are all doody heads

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

busb posted:

yeah to be fair i didn't think the spice fields would be attempted day1. i applaud your double plurality day1 though! In the other soldiers games there would frequently be a lot of nodeaths during battle and i wanted battles to be fairly lethal. the deep desert storm was pretty special though.

i guess if anyone feels like sharing how much they hated this game and what they hated please go ahead~

The only thing I didn't like was that I was led to believe that my third ability (Fire team) was a protective ability. It was not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I had hoped one of our guys had a shield, ergo, hopefully a nuclear explosion wiping out that row and putting the other side back in the game.

No such luck, unfortunately.

I had a shield.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah yes, bleane, you did good too.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I also had a shield, for maximum tanking ability.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Despite dying really early on I was really invested in this game, it was great thanks busb and opop, nice job fellow Harkonnen's, I think my build was terrible but if I was killed by artillery I doubt anything else would have helped, nice one AFP both as a scumhunter and leader too. Oh and Sorry to capps for the mean things I said about anime!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I am proud of the vast majority of my harkonnens. 50 conked out a bit but otherwise everyone did a good job.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

apostateCourier posted:

The only thing I didn't like was that I was led to believe that my third ability (Fire team) was a protective ability. It was not.

yeah it was a damage shield, it was poorly worded i admit. in general most abilities were "some flavour about what you do. Exact details of what said ability does." and writing fatigue meant we wrote protect instead of defend or something closer to the ability.

The cross thread banter is one of the most enjoyable aspects of these games, so hats off to capps and diqnol for anthems, inspiring words and slurs to keep the rivalry going.

Thanks for playing everyone! I was vastly relieved that modding this was considerably easier than modding a civgame. And if i didn't mention before thanks Opop for putting in a lot of hard effort, this game is easily at least 50% his creation and modding! Especially when i dropped off the radar for an alcohol riddled weekend.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

http://tindeck.com/listen/vwvj

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Good job! Thank you busb and Opop, I'm glad you signed me up for this.

I think I misplayed the battles a bit, my C/R debuff doesn't seem hugely reliable now that I read the mod-doc.

• Locked thread