Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

I'm looking forward to Survivor Series where Darren Young gets cut from a team for reasons that we all long forgot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So before the match at Raw they had a girl named Emma do a match. Her thing is this...arm thing...I don't know what it's called.

Is she popular? Her gimmick is super lame but for some reason I really liked it. She made a great face and the crowd was really behind her. Why are people like...Eva Marie or that new Latin girl being put on the live show while talent like Emma and Sincaro (also preshow ) being skipped over? People were more excited watching them than the diva 3 3 or the henry/big show match.

Also I asked before about luchadores wrestling...I go to a live one and they have it.....just not on tv. Laaaaaaaame

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Jastiger posted:

So before the match at Raw they had a girl named Emma do a match. Her thing is this...arm thing...I don't know what it's called.

Is she popular? Her gimmick is super lame but for some reason I really liked it. She made a great face and the crowd was really behind her. Why are people like...Eva Marie or that new Latin girl being put on the live show while talent like Emma and Sincaro (also preshow ) being skipped over? People were more excited watching them than the diva 3 3 or the henry/big show match.

Also I asked before about luchadores wrestling...I go to a live one and they have it.....just not on tv. Laaaaaaaame

emma is from nxt and she was doing a romance angle with santino until she broke his neck, and also because she stole a bunch of ipads from walmart.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Emma was trained by Lance Storm and came up through NXT, her klutz and arm thing gimmick got over down there but then they called her up to the main roster and just threw her out there expecting the gimmick to get over straight away. It did not. Also she was Santino's girlfriend and had the same match with Fandango/Summer Rae like four hundred times.

Also she stole an i-pod mini which got some media attention, so they fired her, but then brought her back straight away since everyone backstage complained. That was basically the end of her WWE push there, maybe she'll get something in the future.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Emma is fun and good at wrestling but WWE tried way too hard to push her as "LOOK HOW FUN AND WACKY SHE IS" right off the bat with the announcers encouraging you to do the dance with her and all that poo poo, then they gave her a comedy romance angle with santino, didn't let her actually wrestle matches or even get anywhere close to challenging for the divas title, and then stopped bothering to put her on TV.

Then she got fired for walking out of Walmart with an iPad case by accident (probably), and then rehired like 2 hours later.

E: VVV Apparently Sin Cara is doing fun things down in NXT currently, tagging with another masked lucha guy.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 2, 2014

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I didnt know that. That's too bad, she was fun to watch.

They are also seriously misusing Sandow. He is good at his job. Same with Rusev. They need bigger pushes.

And I'm still mad that Sincaro is relegated to pre show. I'd rather watch high flyers than the same tag team matches.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Oh I didnt know that. That's too bad, she was fun to watch.

They are also seriously misusing Sandow. He is good at his job. Same with Rusev. They need bigger pushes.

And I'm still mad that Sincaro is relegated to pre show. I'd rather watch high flyers than the same tag team matches.

If you like her and have access to the network, go watch NXT ARrival. It had a good match between Paige and Emma for the NXT Women's Title. Actually almost all of the Emma/Paige matches down in NXT are worth a watch if you can find them.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The mid-card is just absolute death at the moment. All those excellent Shield 6-man tags kind of put a band-aid on it, but now that they're gone there's no denying that the entire mid-card is now heatless jobbers that have been booked into oblivion by parity booking. With Swagger/Rusev done and Ambrose out there is absolutely NOTHING to care about for 90% of the show.

Also, the loving bunny is more over than Adam Rose will ever be. Get rid of him and his crew and push the bunny to the moon.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
I just can't believe we are getting Wyatt/Jericho round 3. Why?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Bigass Moth posted:

About 1/6 of RAW was taken up by the Bella twins, in an angle nobody wants to see, leading to a match that will probably re-define -***** territory

I want Bellas to do last year's Cena/Bryan match move for move. It would be amazing.

Jastiger posted:

that new Latin girl

Rosa Mendes has been under contract since 2006 and on TV since 2008.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
The fact that they are inviting Michael Sam to "tell his side of the story" shows how clueless they are about NFL roster moves.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

BasicFunk posted:

The fact that they are inviting Michael Sam to "tell his side of the story" shows how clueless they are.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Tato posted:

The mid-card is just absolute death at the moment. All those excellent Shield 6-man tags kind of put a band-aid on it, but now that they're gone there's no denying that the entire mid-card is now heatless jobbers that have been booked into oblivion by parity booking. With Swagger/Rusev done and Ambrose out there is absolutely NOTHING to care about for 90% of the show.

Looking back at 2013 you had SHIELD, Punk, Bryan, Cesaro and a competent enough tag division to at the very least ensure each RAW had one good quality match on and make the midcard seem more fleshed out by having good quality matches. It's almost shocking how quickly they've dropped off. Even coming out of WM30 things where looking fairly solid with Bryan as champ, Cesaro on the verge of what we thought was a big push, and Barrett wrestling again.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Rosa Mendes has been under contract since 2006 and on TV since 2008.

To be fair:

a) She was off TV for a year or so

b) She's Rosa Mendes

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The last Bray/Jericho match consisted of Jericho completely blowing up and Bray mightily carrying his corpse to a halfway okay match. The cage match will either be alright or it will be terrible, but it's clear WWE doesn't care about either of those guys, so why should I?

I suspect the answer is they don't want me to care about midcard losers, buy more Cena t-shirts.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Team Dust as heels are pretty good

Then again they're pretty good at everything

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I still say new. Her entire intro video is glamour shots of her. No matches. No action.

Layla and the one black girl with neon pants were all the talent and chsrisma in that ring.

They need more Sandow, Layla, AJ Lee, Rusev, Lana, Sincaro, Paige, and Ryback, DustBrothers.

They need much much less Wyatt, Bella Twins, Usos, and I dare say Cena

Lots of talent not being used and being forced to job out.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

I just can't believe we are getting Wyatt/Jericho round 3. Why?

DeathChicken posted:

The last Bray/Jericho match consisted of Jericho completely blowing up and Bray mightily carrying his corpse to a halfway okay match. The cage match will either be alright or it will be terrible, but it's clear WWE doesn't care about either of those guys, so why should I?

I suspect the answer is they don't want me to care about midcard losers, buy more Cena t-shirts.

Logic would dictate that this is the blow-off and Wyatt is going to get the rub but the fact that it's happening on Raw two weeks out from a PPV most likely means it's going to be a gently caress-finish and this feud is going to carry on for at least another month.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone know why Sandow, Barrett, and others arent wrestling?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jastiger posted:

Well, Barrett's injured for one and should be back by November.

Everyone else, Creative has little of note for them so they're in a holding pattern.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jastiger posted:

Sandow - Miz's new Alex Riley, working as his "stunt-double", he wrestled last week actually.

Barrett - Out with an injury.

Others - Most likely anybody you're thinking about is released.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Layla and the one black girl with neon pants were all the talent and chsrisma in that ring.

That was Naomi, she was being pushed to win the title at Wrestlemania 30 until Aksana one of the worst divas on the roster at the time took her eye out by kneeing it.

Even though she recovered before mania, they instead had AJ retain the belt and then gave her push to her partner Cameron who is currently the second worst diva on the roster in front of Eva Marie.

EDIT: No actually Cameron is the worst diva on the roster, Eva Marie didn't generate the phrase Girl Bye.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

LightsGameraAction posted:

Others - Most likely anybody you're thinking about is released.

3MB :(

JTG :cry:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dang. That's too bad. Instead I have to each this Adam rose exist. How can they push him over a bad rear end character like Titus O'Neil.

That's too bad about Barrett though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I still maintain that Sandow is probably worst used talent they have. The man can do just about anything including perfectly mimic any past wrestler. He's like Mega Man, he just needs to touch a piece of their ring gear and he becomes them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Shima Honnou posted:

I still maintain that Sandow is probably worst used talent they have. The man can do just about anything including perfectly mimic any past wrestler. He's like Mega Man, he just needs to touch a piece of their ring gear and he becomes them.

Plus, he's getting absolute poo poo every week, yet he NEVER phones it in. Dude can get anything over with nothing but enthusiasm.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BasicFunk posted:

The fact that they are inviting Michael Sam to "tell his side of the story" shows how clueless they are about NFL roster moves.

Not really. He's not an elite player by any stretch, but the fact that he's not even on anyone's PS is because he's gay and there's really no way to skirt around that.

I mean, they're dumb to pull this stunt, but he's not completely off of every roster because he's not good enough.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Plus, he's getting absolute poo poo every week, yet he NEVER phones it in. Dude can get anything over with nothing but enthusiasm.

Seriously, like he 100% killed the usually stupid celebrity segment as Magneto, just by being so goddamn over the top.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Adam Roar is undefeated. Any chance he challenges for the world title at an upcoming ppv?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Adam Roar is undefeated. Any chance he challenges for the world title at an upcoming ppv?

i hope so

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Grendels Dad posted:

Adam Rose needs to interrupt a Lesnar/Heyman promo and then Brock Lesnar murders him and all his roseholes.

Streak-Breaker should be Lesnar's gimmick, resulting with everybody on the roster in mortal fear of having consecutive victories.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
I only started watching wrestling after seeing videos of Bray Wyatt and now I can't give a poo poo about him cuz he's booked like a moron.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008
So, Darren Young in a Rams jersey and Titus O'Neill dressed up as Tony Dungy next week, right?

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Not really. He's not an elite player by any stretch, but the fact that he's not even on anyone's PS is because he's gay and there's really no way to skirt around that.

I mean, they're dumb to pull this stunt, but he's not completely off of every roster because he's not good enough.

Maybe so, but I tend to believe his homosexuality isn't as big a factor. He's a bit undersized for his position and rather one-dimensional. Also, this doesn't mean he's totally off the NFL radar altogether. Guys get signed off the street all the time once injuries start happening.

However, it does seem a little fishy that the Rams would draft him in the first place, they're stacked at DE.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

That was Naomi, she was being pushed to win the title at Wrestlemania 30 until Aksana one of the worst divas on the roster at the time took her eye out by kneeing it.

Even though she recovered before mania, they instead had AJ retain the belt and then gave her push to her partner Cameron who is currently the second worst diva on the roster in front of Eva Marie.

EDIT: No actually Cameron is the worst diva on the roster, Eva Marie didn't generate the phrase Girl Bye.

Girl Bye is an real expression I've heard people use.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Auron posted:

They did kind of tease a Slater face turn about a month back when he interrupted Lana and Rusev but WWE

Except it wasn't even a tease, it was a full blown turn that the crowd ate up. But nope, stick him right back in a heel tag team with Titus O'Neill.:geno:

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Girl Bye is an real expression I've heard people use.

Do you set them on fire shortly afterwards?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Baron La Croix posted:

I only started watching wrestling after seeing videos of Bray Wyatt and now I can't give a poo poo about him cuz he's booked like a moron.

I came back around the time the Wyatt Family was just picking up steam. The first thing I saw Bray do was kill Kane. I went back and watched all their old debut promos, and a bunch of NXT stuff with them, and was instantly on board. At this point I don't even care because I just know they're going to lose clean. They took what had the potential to be a replacement for the Undertaker as far as spooky gimmicks go, and flushed it all down the toilet. At this point they just need to break Harper off and have him do a solo run, cause he's good enough in the ring that he could get back over doing something else.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Cena suplexing the gently caress out of Rollins was probably the highlight of the night, kudos to both guys. Pretty boring overall show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Because it gets you access to a gigantic amount of archived content as well as incredibly cheap PPVs?

But, but...RAW WAS BAD :qq:

(Seriously the Network owns and even if you hate the weekly TV I cannot think of the last time there was a PPV that wasn't worth :10bux: and that doesn't consider NXT which is really good, archives, etc. And no, porating doesn't make you cool.)

sportsgenius86 posted:

Wait, he's not even on a PS? That's pretty loving absurd.

• Locked thread