Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ambrose and Harper should have a rivalry based on who is the greasiest, tank toppiest dude in the WWE. Filled with Extreme Rules matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

projecthalaxy posted:

Ambrose and Harper should have a rivalry based on who is the greasiest, tank toppiest dude in the WWE. Filled with Extreme Rules matches.

I like the idea of Ambrose being unable to not form stables where everybody wears the same outfit.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I want them to hurry up and give Luke Harper a solo run.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

(Seriously the Network owns and even if you hate the weekly TV I cannot think of the last time there was a PPV that wasn't worth :10bux: and that doesn't consider NXT which is really good, archives, etc. And no, porating doesn't make you cool.)
If I absolutely loathe the weekly storylines, and most of my favorite people to watch aren't around or being used horribly, why would I want to pay any amount to see the PPV? I turned off Raw three times in the past month. Since I started regularly watching again in late 2012, I had only turned off Raw once. Implying that people not renewing their subs are trying to be "cool pirates" or a contrarian is ridiculous.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 2, 2014

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Cromulent posted:

why would I want to pay any amount to see the PPV?

Because the PPV is the actual product. The rest of it is just an ad.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

But, but...RAW WAS BAD :qq:

(Seriously the Network owns and even if you hate the weekly TV I cannot think of the last time there was a PPV that wasn't worth :10bux: and that doesn't consider NXT which is really good, archives, etc. And no, porating doesn't make you cool.)

The Network is a great value, but in 6 months I've watched almost all the archived stuff I'm interested in and my interest in WWE's current product is the lowest it's been since I've gotten back into watching. So when my Network subscription is up next month I'm just going to let it lapse. I'm not canceling because of spite over LOLCENAWINS! or anything dumb like that, I just don't really care and if I don't care I don't see why I should continue to subscribe no matter how good a value it is.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait, he's not even on a PS? That's pretty loving absurd.

Mike Freeman spoke to a GM who said people want him but don't want the media circus. My guess is he gets signed by someone after Week 1 when the focus is on the actual football and not PS players.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I want to change Foochs' avatar to that Nine Ninety Nine wwe logo with "corporate cheerleader" or "positivity patrol captain" in big red letters but Vince has my $10.

I mean the network's worth it for me because I want a steady dependable stream for the ppvs and it's done well. A stutter or two I'm not gonna bitch about for the price. But I can totally see why somebody wouldn't want to renew regardless of "cool pirating" or whatever the hell.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cromulent posted:

If I absolutely loathe the weekly storylines, and most of my favorite people to watch aren't around or being used horribly, why would I want to pay any amount to see the PPV? I turned off Raw three times in the past month. Since I started regularly watching again in late 2012, I had only turned off Raw once. Implying that people not renewing their subs are trying to be "cool pirates" or a contrarian is ridiculous.

Because good matches are cool? And assuming Dean is among your favorite people, he'll be back within a few weeks?

And the only reason I brought up the pirating thing is I see a lot of people online bringing it up (even once here last night, though it may have been a jokey joke, who knows) and it annoys me when there's an incredibly affordable, legal option available and SOME, not all but some people seem to take pride in it just because they're not giving Vince money.

Like I'm not gonna tell anyone what to enjoy or what to spend money on but at the same time if you bother to follow the product, even if you're not crazy about the TV right now, spending $10 a month to get the monthlu PPVs, a massive on demand library, and cool stuff like NXT seems like a pretty safe bet to me. It wouldn't annoy me as much if we didn't get people doing it every single week. Then again I could take my own advice and stop arguing with people about it so whatever.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Because good matches are cool? And assuming Dean is among your favorite people, he'll be back within a few weeks?

And the only reason I brought up the pirating thing is I see a lot of people online bringing it up (even once here last night, though it may have been a jokey joke, who knows) and it annoys me when there's an incredibly affordable, legal option available and SOME, not all but some people seem to take pride in it just because they're not giving Vince money.

Like I'm not gonna tell anyone what to enjoy or what to spend money on but at the same time if you bother to follow the product, even if you're not crazy about the TV right now, spending $10 a month to get the monthlu PPVs, a massive on demand library, and cool stuff like NXT seems like a pretty safe bet to me. It wouldn't annoy me as much if we didn't get people doing it every single week. Then again I could take my own advice and stop arguing with people about it so whatever.

Pirating PPV's is cool everyone should do it.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I want to change Foochs' avatar to that Nine Ninety Nine wwe logo with "corporate cheerleader" or "positivity patrol captain" in big red letters but Vince has my $10.

I mean the network's worth it for me because I want a steady dependable stream for the ppvs and it's done well. A stutter or two I'm not gonna bitch about for the price. But I can totally see why somebody wouldn't want to renew regardless of "cool pirating" or whatever the hell.

actually I'm the new king of the positivity posse and also I changed the name of it to the positivity posse thanks everyone.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

actually I'm the new king of the positivity posse and also I changed the name of it to the positivity posse thanks everyone.

Thanks for taking the heat buddy. :)

Anyway I guess I'm just irritable because a bad Raw is bad enough but when it's combined with "God why would anyone possibly pay for the Network?" or "I'm canceling my subscription SO HARD. Vince flex dot gif" it just compounds everything and makes me a little cranky. Sorry everyone. :smith:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

quote:

Just have Luke Harper do a singles run already

If all the "Do body slams to Big Show" spots every single match aren't telling you what you need to know, it's actually Rowan who'll get the singles push when they break up the Wyatts.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

If all the "Do body slams to Big Show" spots every single match aren't telling you what you need to know, it's actually Rowan who'll get the singles push when they break up the Wyatts.

To be fair if you look at the past few tag teams break ups it's pretty easy to see that Rowan will be getting the push :v:

Titus, Cameron, Brodus Clay, Cesaro (:lol: Swagger came out looking better), add Rowan and you've got a solid stable there.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

That and the commentary has started putting Rowan over as "Look how big and strong and crazy this guy is!" while they've started putting Harper over as "Look at this guy's dirty shirt, haw haw".

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thanks for taking the heat buddy. :)

Anyway I guess I'm just irritable because a bad Raw is bad enough but when it's combined with "God why would anyone possibly pay for the Network?" or "I'm canceling my subscription SO HARD. Vince flex dot gif" it just compounds everything and makes me a little cranky. Sorry everyone. :smith:

I just don't get why you care so much about how people feel about WWE dude, they aren't paying you. If we didn't enjoy wrestling we wouldn't be posting. You are still Amongst Bros or whatever. (and that was totally a joke not heat drat it foochs)

I can't think of any good Raws that had the highlight reel in them over the past four or five years and I hope somebody proves me wrong thank you because otherwise maybe Jericho is voodoo cursing WWE.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I just don't get why you care so much about how people feel about WWE dude, they aren't paying you. If we didn't enjoy wrestling we wouldn't be posting. You are still Amongst Bros or whatever. (and that was totally a joke not heat drat it foochs)

Foochs takes wrestling VERY seriously.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm working under the assumption that Foochs is HHH.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I can't think of any good Raws that had the highlight reel in them over the past four or five years and I hope somebody proves me wrong thank you because otherwise maybe Jericho is voodoo cursing WWE.

The bit about heat was also a joke :ssh:

And I only care because if some people here enjoy WWE (I will not say wrestling since legitimately cool poo poo like PWG, NJPW, etc. also exists) you could've fooled me, because it seems to me like certain people only post about what they hate. I don't wanna get all :words: about poo poo nobody cares about any more than I already have but basically wrestling is my happy place and even when it sucks I try to find bright spots and I guess I just wish more people did that too. Fair enough? :shobon;

Also the Highlight Reel is a pox on wrestling and needs to go away, so we agree there.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm working under the assumption that Foochs is HHH.

I wish. That'd be pretty cool.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ambrose is gone, Harper is slowly being killed, the tag scene is basically a 3 frame GIF, the world title is about to be subjected to the greatest rapadoo of all time, I guess Henry/Rusev is like the only thing in current WWE I care at all about. Wrestling is not fun or awesome.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I didn't watch Raw because I watched that terrible Saved By The Bell movie instead and I think I still came out ahead because that was two hours of poo poo instead of three.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Ambrose is gone, Harper is slowly being killed, the tag scene is basically a 3 frame GIF, the world title is about to be subjected to the greatest rapadoo of all time, I guess Henry/Rusev is like the only thing in current WWE I care at all about. Wrestling is not fun or awesome.

When Cena loses again will you be happy? And Dean won't be gone much longer. Think positive!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Erick Rowan has a legendary tier Supercard. He's being pushed to the moon brother.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

Not really. He's not an elite player by any stretch, but the fact that he's not even on anyone's PS is because he's gay and there's really no way to skirt around that.

I mean, they're dumb to pull this stunt, but he's not completely off of every roster because he's not good enough.
Steelers should pick him, because lord knows our Defense will be terrible this year.

Bard Maddox posted:

BTW did you tell Brad Maddox that you call yourself Bardmaddox on the internet?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

On the positive side, I still think WWE is sitting on the next Stone Cold Steve Austin with Ambrose. On the negative side, I don't think they *want* another Stone Cold Steve Austin at this point because that's too organic for modern day WWE.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
YAY I'm free tomorrow!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Raw was bad. Last week's Raw was bad. Last year's Night of Champions was bad. This year's Night of Champions will be bad.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I wish. That'd be pretty cool.

Tell us about THIS BUSINESS, Foochs.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

On the positive side, I still think WWE is sitting on the next Stone Cold Steve Austin with Ambrose. On the negative side, I don't think they *want* another Stone Cold Steve Austin at this point because that's too organic for modern day WWE.

I dunno, normally I'd agree but the way they wrote off Ambrose was pretty encouraging to me. We'll see what happens but I think all three former Shield dudes will be fine.

It's the rest of the roster I'm worried about. :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope Ambrose stays away and leaves the good memories we have alone because as a rising face he can only become Brutus Beefcake. Cena, like the great and terrible tyrannosaur he is will soon see him, and the iron jaws marked Cena's Lil Buddy will close around his push forever.

Oh well, at least he'll be better off than Bryan, who ended up Big Show's Lil Buddy.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh well, at least he'll be better off than Bryan, who ended up Big Show's Lil Buddy.

It was quite gracious of Show to let Bryan have the "Yes!" chants.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DeathChicken posted:

Watching old Nitros makes me long for the days of big angles happening whenever they feel like it on the show, lower card guys being allowed to go out there and get themselves over, and interviews where the guys with the mic were allowed to be natural even though it often led to some horrible stuff. Everything in the WWE is way too scripted and phony these days, with the guys backstage standing and talking to each other at 60 degree angles, every top of the hour having a 20 minute promo session or midcard match we've seen 1000 times, and everyone sounding exactly the same since they are all forced to read scripts that don't allow for any depth of character.

I feel like I can tune into the first 10 minutes, 5 minutes at 9, 5 minutes at 10 and the main event and see anything worthwhile which is pretty bad for a 3 hour weekly show.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Bigass Moth posted:

Watching old Nitros makes me long for the days of big angles happening whenever they feel like it on the show, lower card guys being allowed to go out there and get themselves over, and interviews where the guys with the mic were allowed to be natural even though it often led to some horrible stuff. Everything in the WWE is way too scripted and phony these days, with the guys backstage standing and talking to each other at 60 degree angles, every top of the hour having a 20 minute promo session or midcard match we've seen 1000 times, and everyone sounding exactly the same since they are all forced to read scripts that don't allow for any depth of character.

I feel like I can tune into the first 10 minutes, 5 minutes at 9, 5 minutes at 10 and the main event and see anything worthwhile which is pretty bad for a 3 hour weekly show.

Sandow, Slater, and Gold/Stardust aren't generally in those timeslots, so you're actually missing the only worthwhile things doing that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Steelers should pick him, because lord knows our Defense will be terrible this year.

His attempt to play OLB in a 3-4 at the Senior Bowl was considered possibly the worst Senior Bowl display of all time.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bigass Moth posted:

The really lovely part is you do have plenty of guys that have the charisma and talent to get themselves over and do awesome promo work on the mic, but it all gets relegated to the app or WWE.com or the YouTube channel or whatever. And we get stuck with like five Bellas segments on the main show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Bee posted:

Erick Rowan has a legendary tier Supercard. He's being pushed to the moon brother.

Rowan is my highest tier, highest level Supercard. But my normal tier Dean Ambrose is champion :colbert:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
My Supercard game stopped letting me log in via Gamecenter for no apparent reason and I haven't been able to play for a few days. I can't tell if I'm happy or sad about it.

My best card is a Big John Stud followed by a Damien Sandow and I'm okay with both of these things.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I see the KENTA signing leading to "hilarious" backstage segments with Taka Michinoku and Funaki.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It just seems to be feast or famine with the WWE. They either have a lot of angles building to a PPV, or they've got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Jastiger posted:

I still say new. Her entire intro video is glamour shots of her. No matches. No action.

Layla and the one black girl with neon pants were all the talent and chsrisma in that ring.
Naomi is a really good wrestler who should be pushed harder, but they made her a funky cheerleader for Brodus Clay for a while, and haven't really known what to do with her since dropping Brodus. Layla is also very good but she's likely towards the end of her career - still looks drat good for late 30s, but WWE has a habit of caring about age of women over experience.

One thing nobody's really mentioned is how hilarious the 3-woman team of Eva/Rosa/Cameron was. The reason it's funny is because the three of them are clearly the worst workers on the roster who know the least about wrestling, and throwing them together HAS to be deliberate. All three know fewer wrestling moves combined than anyone vying for the Divas title. Cameron literally knew nothing about wrestling as recently as 2011, Eva Marie was hired specifically for Total Divas and skipped developmental, and I don't know what Rosa's excuse is but she's never been able to competently work a match in her 8 years with the company. The three of them should be valets and leave the actual wrestling to talented women.

Also:

quote:

Sincaro
Sin Cara :eng101:

He's on NXT now, as well as the occasional Superstars or Smackdown. You should really watch NXT if you have the means. It's not always great because it's developmental, but they've been farming indie leagues and international circuits lately for new prospects (KENTA, Devitt, Steen, Kalisto, Becky Lynch, Sami Zayn) and the current product has some great stuff on it. Sin Cara right now is tagging with Kalisto, who is Samuray Del Sol from Dragon Gate, and he's amazing to watch. He's what the original Sin Cara was supposed to be, basically.

On that note, if you didn't know, Sin Cara was replaced by another guy (Hunico) because the original guy (Mistico) was an injury-prone botch machine with a bad attitude backstage. Hunico's alright, not as good of a high flier, but he's a solid worker. Hunico actually debuted as another Sin Cara and feuded with the original over the mask/name, but he lost the feud and was wrestling unmasked for a while before they quietly replaced Mistico with him. Mistico now can't use the name Mistico OR Sin Cara anymore, so now he's "Myzteziz" or something like that with a lot of Z's in it.

• Locked thread