Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
In on the ground floor!

Also, did you pick my dorf or did you randomly select one with good willpower and focus, but poor ability at words?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Spanish Matlock posted:

Does StoneSense work yet in this version? I don't use it myself but it would be cool to get a 3d picture of the landscape that the fort will be situated on. Assuming that cliff isn't just 1 zlevel high.

If I can get the save at some point. I can make a 3rd render of the terrain.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Splode posted:

are you on a mobile or a computer from 1995?

Tables break at over 1000 pixels for an image, and some of us browse this stuff at work, where big monitors are not a spending priority.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

TildeATH posted:

I blame Gray Hunter's insufficient grasp of the English language.

It's Grey you Yankee fool. You can't even spell a simple colour correctly! Honour and Valour are beyond you!

(I'm guessing your American from your incorrect spelling ;))

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 12, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Damnation.

Err.... Spelling and Grammer are two different things?

Who am I kidding? I was just responding to a lighthearted barb with one of my own....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Sometimes I spell poorly, sometimes I make jokes about spelling badly.

I'm defiantly sure this is a derail though.......

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Dammit! So close to becoming a Baron!

At least if I survive the seige I'm going to be on my way to being the Fortress badass!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

8 Malachite. 551.

Dig. DIG? they expect me, tha greatest military mind in generation to DIG! The clod running this place seems ta think that cowering in tunnel is the best way ta deal with goblins.
Tha Dwarf knows nowt. See, may an mar mates know what to do with these nesh buggers - cold steel will sort em reet out! See if it don't!

The proof is in the puddin. Soon as doors opened and we rush'd out ta cut un dine, they turn'n fled! Cowards!

Now ta do me supposed job. Something nice about minin 'Tis reet relaxin.

I did write this in full Potteries dialect, but decided that someone other than me should be able to read it! I've toned it back a bit, but have a look here if your interested in what I'm going on about)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Well, bugger me with a club. Tha be a bloody goblin Blitzkrieg out there. Soo Muny toowns n' fortress's lost in suuch a short tyame. Things are ryeet lookin bleek out.
Tis goona be fyne though, We have ourselves a nuu queen, and I still have me pickaxe. No stinkin gobbo is gonna get by theese miner!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Well, I go on holiday for a week, come back to find out I've been made leader, beaten the crap out of the first person to complain to me and then fail to get elected as mayor!

I have no idea why people are not voting for me!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Danny Glands posted:

What was your campaign like? Reading probably ran on the "I'm doing all the administrative jobs already" ticket...

"Suppress those cares. When I run the fortress, I'll beat any dwarf I see with unhappness in their eyes!"

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

From "Tha' Art 'o Warr" by Grey Hunter

What a nesh bunch 'a seconds! Apparently the' doont be understanding that I'm dooin nowt but try ta' toughen them up!

Slo'guns like "A punch a day keeps Goblin awhey." and "Complain ta me fist, yah nesh bugger" are apparently not gettin me much in tha opinon polls!

Nowt problem. One day tha'll see my plans, when I'm in command then tha'll unleash a wave of violence tha'll toughun up tha lotta them!

Oh god, I'm going to have to apply for overseership now, aren't I?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

tinkerttoy posted:

Legends are so :black101:

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if we should do a historian LP at some point, just spend time dicking around in a world learning its history - no forts, just adventurers, maps and stories from legends.

I could take a bash at turning a DF map into something more realistic, and then we would be able to link places and people to locations on a map, track their movements and see how good a world DF has really generated.

People of a more violent bent could go around collecting artifacts from the past as well, as well as giving a fitting end to the various badasses.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Ahh, screw it, I'm only doing 1(3) lps at the moment.

Ah be aplyin for tha overseer-ship

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

symuun posted:

This is great. I love how there's pretty much a wall of red which ends abruptly when Veloxyll shows up. I have certainly left my mark on Fogwall. :D

To be fair, you did get hit by the 1st year siege bug - not that it made it any less entertaining.

I swear, half the reasons we play DF are for the interesting bugs....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

U just love how reading tantrumed, punched Grey in the head. Then Grey punched someone else in the stomach while Tantruming.

Like all bullies Dorfgrey is taking out his own insecurities on someone smaller than him.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I'll just Nth what a lot of people are saying, I'm here for the story, not the blow by blow combat logs. Once I see a page of timg'd writing I kinda give up. Try switching up to descriptive combat with the ocassional combat log. We need to feel the flow of combat, not how many teeth some goblin just had knocked out.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

ninjewtsu posted:

As I ponder this, Grey Hunter and Jamsque both confront Excelzior in the stockpiles

After a brief, but vicious, exchange of blows, Grey Hunter falls.

Grey Hunter absolutely left a mark on the berserk murderer though

Grey Hunter’s attacks proved fatal. Excelzior bleeds out shortly after

Oh that's right, deal with some constructive criticism like a man/woman why don't you! 'Tis murder I say!

At least dorf me got a few hits in.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Ghostwoods posted:

It could be worse. I only got to mutter about cheese a bit :)

Oh yeah, I just find it funny I make a critism and then my dorf dies in the next update.....

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Yeah, this is going to be good.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

I keep wondering if I should do the base work for a Dwarf fortress historical LP, where, instead of a fortress, we explore the world and turn the random data lines into actual stories. (Using the game to show the places of interest of course.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The game really needs to give seigers the ability to destroy walls, it would shake the game up so much.

• Locked thread