Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ninjewtsu posted:

I'm sure there is a more useless (but healthy) dwarf than I am.

I'm still pretty useless though, look at those attributes. "Quick to tire" "flimsy" "bad intuition" "clumsy kinesthetic sense." I would make a terrible draftee, and I'm pretty sure quick to tire makes me pretty useless for most anything else. Plus I'm a GLASSMAKER. The SECOND ONE.

You can never have enough glassmakers. poo poo is free money. And free murder. For instance, in my current fort. Ospram was the sole giant in the world. The only one of its kind, sprung into existence in a time before time. He was a monster, wandering the world and pillaging and murdering wherever he went. He seized whatever took his fancy, and scores died in the process. This went on for centuries.

One day, he came upon the young fortress of Stakeweight in the Mirrors of Baldness. With a roar, he hurled himself at the gates. And promptly fell into my green glass serrated disc Cuisinart. All that's left is the cleanup.

For the record, he made it alive through two layers of disc traps before succumbing to the third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TildeATH posted:

That would be horrible.

I agree. I'd rather see another overseer try to reclaim the site, or strike a new site in the same civ's region as downtrodden refugees in the wake of the goblin hordes.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ghetto wormhole posted:

The one problem is that building destroyers can kill walls but not drawbridges so a new properly placed drawbridge would make the fortress invulnerable to invaders while just fixing the backwards one with walls will leave it vulnerable if/when a building destroyer comes.

Wait, can building destroyers destroy walls in the new version? They never could before. That's why bridges work. They turn into walls.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Epee Em posted:

Good news: Migrant wave. Bad news: Migrant wave. Breaking neutral: All of them got slaughtered anyway.

Noooo i should be in this waaaave

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Epee Em posted:

You say garbage dump, I say Snake Shredder!

I'm surprised there's so much fervor to destroy Os. Does not one want to join his cult? (I do)

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Seyser Koze posted:

Is this something that attackers will stumble into and be killed by, or is it purely for entertainment value?

If there's fighting going on around the pit, it's possible for an invader (or defender!) to dodge into it. Otherwise, invaders should avoid it unless being hurled, bodily, into it.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

KKKLIP ART posted:

Can the top be covered with grass and trees to hide the true nature of the device

Sadly, no. Though displacing soil and putting it somewhere else is a boss feature that I would love to see implemented at some point. Rooftop gardens!

Renzuko posted:

Is it safe for dwarves to go down there to harvest things? will all trade items eventually menace with goblin bones?

Dwarves aren't affected by their own fort's traps (unless they fall over or are knocked into one). So assuming the pitted rascals are dead, there's be no danger at all. Even if they somehow don't die from the fall, or the discs, or bleed out from one or the other, they're pretty much guaranteed to be so horribly injured as to be easy pickings for even novice military dwarves.

Also, please replace the floor of the impact site with a platinum floor. Thank you.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

Third alternate theory: He is trying to create a libertarian vampire super-state where ALL DWARVES CAN CARVE THEIR OWN PATH IN LIFE.

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Urist Galt?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's a holiday, anyway, so who I don't think there's a huge impact.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Nice, I actually made it inside the fortress before dying horribly to monsters this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
My dying declaration was to be a snitch.

• Locked thread