Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I'm only #136 on the list. Goons love DF, if not so much their forums or Toady himself.

N'thing the love for the pantheon. Mistyauras, god of lies and darkness made me think of a Magic 8 Ball for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Shady Amish Terror posted:

Actually, the last time I bothered to mod Dwarf Fortress, doing something exactly like that would have been downright trivial. Not sure if it would work with the new trees, though.

The man speaks truth. I once modded the game to let me give my military the equivalent of Nerf bats to train with.

I've been out of the DF modding scene for about four years or so now though.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Dashticle posted:

I see! Well then, scene from here, once again tiny and a bit going on so not sure if it will survive inking to be scanned, hence another crappy phone shot.

Noble baroness Captain_Duck embarks on the first of many diplomatic missions to improve relations with cavern life:

Diggin' the lank, unwashed hair on that Baroness. Very Dwarf.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ghetto wormhole posted:

Isn't one of his other games about being a far left terrorist cell fighting the fascist government?

It's supposed to be parody but it plays like a kook fringers wet-dream.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Pretty sure that with Toady, it's just something he did to prevent some Civs from growing too slowly, not something he did because the Basement-Dweller Lobby was angered at too many homosexuals in their game about little bearded men. I've literally never seen him get creepy or preachy about anything in DF.

Toady seems to actively ignore his forums and fanbase, honestly, at least until it's time for his monthly donation drive. Bay12 is an incredibly toxic hug-box of awfulness.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Haerc posted:

What do you suppose the significance of the table is?

(I like to imagine that the decoration on artifacts is actually significant instead of just randomly generated)

Well obviously it's to remind the wielder that they should be chopping trees to make into tables.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

Elf migrants have been added to the update

Hey, I'd better check that out, I think we're getting close to-

gently caress!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

RickVoid, Adult Male ElfDWARF, 3rd Felsite

Is a Dwarf not entitled to the Sweat of his Brow?

No, says the Hammerer. It belongs to the Nobility.
No, says the Overseer. It belongs the Fortress.
No, says the Queen-Consort. It belongs to US.

I rejected those answers; instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Fogwall. A fortress where the Cheese-maker need not fear the Hammerer; where the Dungeon Master would not be bound by petty morality; where the great would not be constrained by the small.

And yet, it seems I have arrived too late. A madman runs this place. All entrances have been walled up, and the Overseer has left instructions that we are to construct a town on the surface and live like... like...

Elves. *Page is liquid-stained here. Given the context, rage-induced saliva is considered the culprit.*

Bait. We are being used as bait. The first Goblin patrol to come by will wipe us all out, with our elf-friendly weapons and our houses made of ethically obtained wood, and the degenerate in the tunnels hopes that this will save them from the Hordes.

I must speak with the others. I intend to survive this. And someday, someday someone on the inside is going to look out, to see if we are out here.

And I will be ready.

I wholeheartedly approve of this turn of events, my initial outburst aside. I'd like the see the Banished work their way up to us, do they (or we, the not-elves) have any access to a Pick-axe?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

Does anyone have an explanation for that whole Nuramor/Armstrong/well debacle, that's apparently not over since Armstrong is forcing everyone to drink from "his" well?

Also if he is the vampire, this is pretty amazing.

FTFY.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Am I dead, or did I sleep through thw whole thing? Last thing I read about me I passed out punching an exhausted troll.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I assume my Dwarf is still standing there staring in horror at the carnage and havoc being wreaked around him, yet is untouched by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Mlle posted:

Be seized by a mood and make an artifact ax to immortalize them, Armok willing. :allears:
I shall avenge you, family!

An artifact axe made from their bleached bones.

• Locked thread