Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm really enjoying these updates, symuun. You've got a good character going and good writing skills to go with it.

I guess it helps that the fortress is small enough that you can focus on individuals and their relationships and still give a good sense of what's going on in the wider fort. Going to be much harder to do in a year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Are the woodcutters still on active military duty? That's the only thing I can think of right now...

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Ehh, we might be able to break into the caverns and locate some cave spider silk... long shot though.

Anyway, there we see the result of a current "feature" - attackers will automatically conquer any site they attack. For the purposes of this story it's awesome as it sounds like a tide of goblins is sweeping across the land like the hordes of Genghis Khan (PS still loving your writing Symuun), but from the point of view of general play I'm hoping it will get fixed before Toady gets bogged down in the next large development arc.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Hahaha that drawbridge is hilarious. It also seems appropriate given the tide of goblins sweeping over the land - turns out this isn't a tale of glorious heroism in the face of long odds, it's just the story of one of the dozens of settlements that get overrun.

I hope it doesn't end up as an AI-exploiting turtlefest - I'd love to see a reclaim happen in an LP. I don't think that's been done before, has it?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Miscellaneous observations of More Grim, dwarven baby

Gooo. Gaah goo EFELANT. WANT EFELANT.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Dashticle posted:

and finally that I probably should have just rolled filters over them to make them look like carvings instead of bothering to colour at all

Nah. I love seeing the insanity the RNG comes up with in all its glory. Really helps with the immersion!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Miscellaneous observations of 'More Grim' Mafelsemor, dwarven baby: Part the Second

No efelant. No toadynoms. Mummy said bats killing drawves. Bats are mean! Hate bats! Waaaaaaaah! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah! *hic*

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I'm surprised there's only been one complaint about this: holy poo poo my tables :(

Epee Em your posts are pretty much unreadable on my laptop due to having to sidescroll.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

LowellDND posted:

Did Dourgrim make it? :ohdear:

You misspelt More Grim, I know that poor child is the one we're all most concerned about.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Since my vampchilddwarf is somehow still alive, I volunteer to be the fortress's insurance policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

gibb3h posted:

I'm enjoying your turn Dash, didn't really expect the fort to survive after the last couple!

I'm enjoying it chiefly because my dwarf is hogging the limelight at the moment.

I like it when the fortress numbers are small enough that the stories of individuals can be told without neglecting the bigger picture.

Maybe, one day, a LP microfort with a hard population cap of 25?

• Locked thread