Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Boing posted:

You do get some interesting child dwarves from the stories though. RIP Penguingo

Sometimes the kids necessitate massive undertakings with glass and magma deep beneath the earth in order to prevent a cataclysm from the waking of He Who Walks Between the Forges.

Like some kind of Child Containment Complex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

symuun posted:

LeJackal Dwellingclasps is a ranger like Zomborgon, an' that gives me an idea. I ain't plannin' on maintainin' a full-time marksdwarf squad right at the moment, but we can at least be ready to call 'em up when we needs 'em. LeJackal becomes the Militia Captain of the Mechanical Complexity, that bein' a name I suggested meself now that I knows all the secret ins an' outs of the mechanical trade. It be a complex business, right enough.

Welp, I'm out. Have a fun thread.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

symuun posted:

Squeetschy was out fishin', an' Zomborgon an' LeJackal were huntin'. They all got taken by surprise.

Great thread.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Air is lava! posted:

Now would be a perfect time for Kafit to appear. I really like this turn of events, as it makes the LP somewhat more interesting. In my oppinion Bronzestabbed was just way to professional. Too bad LeJackal died though. He really managed to mix a few things up back then.

I couldn't do much as a fat ranger anyway. Not happy about that.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Danny Glands posted:

:siren:Overseer Lottery is open!:siren:
You have 48 hours to express interest in running this fort. Once time is up, I will randomly pick a new overseer.

gently caress it, I'm coming back from the dead and I'll whip this fortress into shape.

:siren:BONUS! A vote for me is a vote for more deathtraps! More prisons! MAGMA MOATS!:siren:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Danny Glands posted:

Overseer Lottery is open!
As before, you have 48 hours to declare your intent to run the fort. The winner will be selected by random draw.

You know what this fortress needs? A dark lord, risen from the dead!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Danny Glands posted:

Overseer lottery time!

You know the drill: post your intent to continue the legacy, then I'll pick a new overseer by random 48 hours from now!

Roger that! Lets run this poo poo into the goblin-blood soaked ground!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Danny Glands posted:

Entries are closed. LeJackal is the next overseer, good luck!

Oh you poor fucks.

You poor, poor fuckers.

I'mma raising myself from the dead.

Edit: poo poo, have to download everything. Gah, bleh bleh.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 20, 2014

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Edit: Pass the mantle on to someone else, this isn't something I can do now. Sorry.

LeJackal fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

Before committing to my plan as the final fate for the fort, I wanted to check with you guys to see if you think this is against the spirit of the great Dwarf Fortress LP Tradition. I normally wouldn't reload for this kind of thing (losing is fun etc etc), but come on, those guys just got here. And I already went through the tedious work of getting all those personality screenshots so

Set up Auto-Backup and also save the elf-dwarves.

• Locked thread