Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, I sometimes wonder if we should do a historian LP at some point, just spend time dicking around in a world learning its history - no forts, just adventurers, maps and stories from legends.

I could take a bash at turning a DF map into something more realistic, and then we would be able to link places and people to locations on a map, track their movements and see how good a world DF has really generated.

People of a more violent bent could go around collecting artifacts from the past as well, as well as giving a fitting end to the various badasses.

I would be super up for this... Well, once I've done my final Uni assessment. :C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

PurpleXVI posted:

Someone got attacked by a tree? Man, I really need to keep up with Dwarf Fortress, I didn't know the vegetation could be aggressive. And I'm afraid to know how it got the poor victim coated in sand.

Spanish Matlock posted:

It threw half of its branches at him in a cowardly sneak attack. He escaped unharmed, but the resulting walk to the well to wash off must have chafed something fierce.

Ah, so somebody cut the tree down and/or mined out its roots, and it promptly fell on them (along with some sand)? Yeah, I've done that before... :D

• Locked thread