Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, there goes the poo poo, it is approaching the fan...and collision detected.

So, what's the plan now? Panic? Mine? Hope a caravan shows up and has a small army with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
We will kill the Serpent Dracula and put his blood in the water supply, right?

Because I can't see a single way for that to go wrong.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Boing posted:

Yeah we're gonna need the story of that human serpentman vampire diplomat lawgiver.

In a time before recorded history, Serpentera became leader of Humanity.

In 1, Serpentera was cursed by [UNKNOWN ENTITY] with vampirism.

In 2, Serpentera got a really sweet hat and became diplomat of all of Humanity.

The end.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

TildeATH posted:

I just hope the last overseer had the common decency to sprinkle access points all over the fort, so the next siege comes in without too much trouble.

Every overseer should be doing this. Hell, the guy running the LP should be doing this as prep work on the save before passing it along.

The access points are there, just really well hidden. There's one that you enter from the very edge of the map, as far away as possible from the entrance to the fortress, and goes all the way down to the first cavern level. Also there are hidden spike traps in every room, with a dwarf pulling a level to make them go on and off randomly.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I figure the best way is to spill their blood into the water supply.

Erm, you know, to wash it away from the dwarfs. So that no one else becomes a vampire.

Because that would be a bad thing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

10th of Opal 553

I have lost track of time. When was I trapped in this infernal prison, and for what reason?

Oh right. Minecarts. There's a loving VAMPIRE running around killing everyone and I go into jail for not making loving MINECARTS. I am a planter, how does the mayor expect me to make minecarts!? I'll show them...I'LL SHOW THEM A-

Is that a baby? I hear a baby. Why is there a baby in prison?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Excerpts from the diary of a ghost
Well...gently caress. I guess I'm dead now. What...what am I supposed to do now? My baby is still in there, I hope he isn't traumatized for life. Eh, most dwarves are, probably won't hurt him in the long run.

Well, maybe I can get to scaring the mayor to death before my soul is laid to rest. Wait, I think I see who killed me! It was--
The diary ends here, discovered inside of ddgentha's baby prison jumpsuit. It is coated in the dwarf blood of Pyroi.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Danny Glands posted:

Next on the draw is Epee Em.

Then God help us all, even the ones who are dead.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ViggyNash posted:

:stonk:

What the holy gently caress is going on here?

Pet theory: Armstrong is the vampire, and he tried to kill himself to save everyone else.

Alternate theory: Armstrong is the vampire, and speared himself to create an army of dwarven vampires.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The elf-dwarves are there to create camouflage for the fortress below--they will eventually create a settlement above, and no one will suspect that it rests upon a fortress.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

The Ghost Diary of Ghost Pyroi, Professional Ghost

Well this is hilarious! I'm going to have so many new people to bother now that most of the fort is going to be dead.

Although it might get crowded...oh man, what if they find my ghost beer?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

GrimRevenant posted:

The solution to this divisive social issue resulting from social experimentation is clearly more research. :2bong:

We will further divide the fort into the following sections: elf, troll, dwarf, and spaceman. Elves will live on the surface, Trolls in the caves, Dwarves in the actual fortress, and spacemen on a platform suspended many z-levels above the ground.

Then, after a year or two, we let them mingle.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

ninjewtsu posted:

I'm not a huge fan of calling this a civil war. There really isn't any sides or factions or loyalties or anything, just dudes punching each other mostly at random

Rioting is really a far better way to describe it

Civil Rioting.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Danny Glands posted:

How do our dwarves know Latin?

You know how Pig Latin is a thing?

This is Dwarf Latin.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Bonfiesta posted:

Yo Ninjewtsu. Not to be a dick or anything, but it's been almost 2 months since your turn began and you appear to be slightly less than halfway through the year. You really need to pick up the pace, or hand the save off to someone with more free time.

He's kinda been dealing with a tantrum plague and trying to keep us updated with it. If he tried to fit the whole plague into one update, it wouldn't have been half as interesting as it currently is.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
And now begins the long, long process of cleaning up this mess.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, when can we expect the narrative to take a turn for the worst? Is it when the baby ends up not getting a proper supply of mini furnaces and, in a moment of weakness, digs deeply and greedily?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Funky Valentine posted:

So we've evolved into the Dreadfort.

And why are there so many holes on our front lawn?

Well, the Banished kept trying to get back into the fort. They just failed by the time everything went to poo poo.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Nietzschean posted:

No migrants this season? I thought for sure that smaug-pile of precious metal crafts I made would lure something. :smith:

It did lure something. A honey badger.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I would like to propose an official militia for Fogwall instead of the current plan, which is to lock away everywhere where there is something that looks at a dwarf funny.

At least with all the corpses around, everyone should start to get a bit more disciplined and stop being freaked out by the block-to-block corpse party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
No no no, I'm pretty sure that edit simply means that he finally got the fortress to do something!

Whether or not that's defend against a siege is another matter.

• Locked thread