Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

moerketid posted:

His biomech piece that we spoke about on the last page. Also that clock/watch that was really :effort:. I REALLY hope he does not make the final 3.

His biomech piece was garbage but the guest judge who was apparently a biomech genius thought it was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Talking Aaron into doing a custom blood painting for me at the moment...

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Erik wins again, Josh trying to convince the winner what to do again.

Don't know what to make of this cheating tease.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

OmegaBR posted:

Erik wins again, Josh trying to convince the winner what to do again.

Don't know what to make of this cheating tease.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be about him changing placement.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Gaunab posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to be about him changing placement.

Well they brought up his original elimination and the fact that he couldn't draw, so maybe someone else has been sending him designs.

EDIT: Smoking weed in the house? Didn't see that one coming.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Yeah, that was out of nowhere.

This episode brought to you in part by the Drug Free America Foundation.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 12, 2014

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Haha performance enhancing drugs in a tattoo competition. Those guys are desperate to find anything they can on Josh

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Frankly, I'd be very surprised if Josh was the first person to smoke during the competition.

But if they have zero tolerance toward fights, they must have something about substance abuse. Really does come outta nowhere though, and I'm sure they'll make a big dramatic deal about it in front of the judges.

Little surprised #KeepJosh won, but then again, he hasn't been quite as obnoxious as he was in season 3.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 12, 2014

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Wow genuinely surprised Josh was that stupid

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

He was pretty much guaranteed for the finale too. I guess Erik is on track to take his place along with Cleen.

Also, sure didn't see Don and Erik lasting as the final rivalry, but here we are.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 12, 2014

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I'm pretty annoyed at everyone who piled onto that. Cheating? Seriously?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Super lame that they got so uptight at him. Like none of them have ever smoked weed, hell I bet Mark grows his own.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Ahahaha, that was the most embarrassing, limp-dick attempt to force a "DRAMABOMB" in the history of the show. They ended up portraying half the remaining cast as shrill, emasculated clucks & part-time D.A.R.E snitches, and as a result the competition is now just running out the clock until Cleen wins, making it somehow even less interesting of a season. :downsbravo:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Ahahaha, that was the most embarrassing, limp-dick attempt to force a "DRAMABOMB" in the history of the show. They ended up portraying half the remaining cast as shrill, emasculated clucks & part-time D.A.R.E snitches, and as a result the competition is now just running out the clock until Cleen wins, making it somehow even less interesting of a season. :downsbravo:

Jason's screaming rant was bizarre. I always check their twitters after the show because they're always defensive and self-promoting and it's funny, but everyone's like MULTIPLE RULES YOU GUYS MAKES U THINK.

Josh, on the other hand, used this moment to launch a kickstarter. He comes off as a huge dick (and I didn't even watch Season 3) but dude is smart.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

he did a lot better this season, but it's impossible to say if he shut his mouth drastically more because of the countless hours of unseen footage they can't fabricate exchanges out of.

I did not stop laughing at the recurring "CHEATER!" jibes by the simpering, pissy-eyed dopes who couldn't have been happier to see a weakness in the frontrunning artist. " 'reefer madness' was a documentary, furthermore the only thing we're more interested in that winning are upholding the proud principles & sanctity of a reality production company's stringent contract law"

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Josh definitely did it to himself, but the idea that he was actually cheating by doing it, is pretty lame.

Perhaps the guys behind the scenes could shed some light into it, as if they were goaded into making it a bigger deal. Not that I doubt they would jump on any excuse to get rid of Josh.

dumbhand
Nov 5, 2004

WATCH OUT!

OmegaBR posted:

Josh definitely did it to himself, but the idea that he was actually cheating by doing it, is pretty lame.

Perhaps the guys behind the scenes could shed some light into it, as if they were goaded into making it a bigger deal. Not that I doubt they would jump on any excuse to get rid of Josh.

No one was goaded. This was a situation that none of us anticipated that blew up.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

dumbhand posted:

No one was goaded. This was a situation that none of us anticipated that blew up.

I know you can't say much of anything, but all the artists on Twitter trying to imply there was more than just the pot thing -- is there truth to that or no? I'll take the answer in the form of a facial expression or knowing glance.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

he did a lot better this season, but it's impossible to say if he shut his mouth drastically more because of the countless hours of unseen footage they can't fabricate exchanges out of.

I did not stop laughing at the recurring "CHEATER!" jibes by the simpering, pissy-eyed dopes who couldn't have been happier to see a weakness in the frontrunning artist. " 'reefer madness' was a documentary, furthermore the only thing we're more interested in that winning are upholding the proud principles & sanctity of a reality production company's stringent contract law"

lol, yeah, it'd be one thing if they were just honest about being rules-lawyer chumps, but when you got a bunch of tattoo artists trying to act like they're actually outraged that he's smoking weed it just makes them all look so bad.

Also, we got another flash challenge where the judges wouldn't say anything negative about the tattoos.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
For me, last night's episode removed any question regarding who would win. I think Josh and Cleen would have made for a competitive finale (with either Eric or Aaron as the third), but now I feel that there's basically no tension and Cleen would have to majorly mess up to lose. The competition aspect basically has no appeal to me any longer for this season, so now it's just about seeing cool tattoos and interesting challenges.

The image of these tattoo artists making such a big deal out of this was frankly ridiculous and made Josh look very sympathetic despite his cloying apologies. I've been a fan of Josh since season 3 (much to my girlfriend's chagrin); though, so maybe that's coloring my perception.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

The real reason they were so pissed was because he didn't share. Let's be honest here, if there was more than one person partaking and it wasn't Josh they'd probably not be so uptight about it, but that's just my guess. Seems silly to dismiss someone so talented for such a minor offense, even if his personality was grating to some.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Well at least he got caught this week and not before they voted emily off

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

No kidding. I'm still not sure if she was playing a character, if she was really that unhinged, or it was all just really good editing.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Not Today Satan posted:

The real reason they were so pissed was because he didn't share. Let's be honest here, if there was more than one person partaking and it wasn't Josh they'd probably not be so uptight about it, but that's just my guess. Seems silly to dismiss someone so talented for such a minor offense, even if his personality was grating to some.

I could be wrong, but I can only imagine that the reason they threw him off for it, and the reason it's covered in the rules at all, is because of the liability of having someone tattooing on the show who is stoned.

The other artists whining about cheating are loving idiots, though.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

savinhill posted:

Also, we got another flash challenge where the judges wouldn't say anything negative about the tattoos.
I noticed that again immediately, they clearly had another network mandate memo to not hurt feelings of this episode's themed outlier group. Huge laughs at how everyone was twisting themselves into excruciating knots while saying "RESIDUAL LIMB" at all costs, one of the coldest most antiseptic PC-catchwords I've ever heard. And then to make it even funnier, pretty much every canvas referred to their own "stumps" with completely casual cadence, making everyone else look like a fool again. Outstanding schadenfreude

Wallet posted:

I could be wrong, but I can only imagine that the reason they threw him off for it, and the reason it's covered in the rules at all, is because of the liability of having someone tattooing on the show who is stoned.
It seems unlikely that anyone would spark a doob before putting themselves into a challenge scenario. it was probably during the outdoor smokebreaks that I would wager nearly the entire cast take daily.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 12, 2014

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I'm trying to figure out how smoking pot would be cheating, exactly.

Yeah, sure, contract violation, whatever. But everyone that cried about how it was cheating is a moron.

They should have sent one of the bottom four home in addition to kicking Josh out.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Wade Wilson posted:

I'm trying to figure out how smoking pot would be cheating, exactly.

Yeah, sure, contract violation, whatever. But everyone that cried about how it was cheating is a moron.

They should have sent one of the bottom four home in addition to kicking Josh out.

You can make an argument it would help him relieve stress/pain in a way the others wouldn't be able to. It would be kind of a weak argument since they all get to smoke cigarettes and all that.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Its not cheating but its in the contract so he's hosed. However, they still should have booted Chris along with him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

I noticed that again immediately, they clearly had another network mandate memo to not hurt feelings of this episode's themed outlier group. Huge laughs at how everyone was twisting themselves into excruciating knots while saying "RESIDUAL LIMB" at all costs, one of the coldest most antiseptic PC-catchwords I've ever heard. And then to make it even funnier, pretty much every canvas referred to their own "stumps" with completely casual cadence, making everyone else look like a fool again. Outstanding schadenfreude

It seems unlikely that anyone would spark a doob before putting themselves into a challenge scenario. it was probably during the outdoor smokebreaks that I would wager nearly the entire cast take daily.

There are many sports in which a steady hand is an asset and therefore having cannabis in your bloodstream is grounds for elimination, even though some might think pot is always something that will impair performance.

I'm amazed this isn't more widely known.
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-08/fyi-why-cannabis-olympic-banned-substances-list

quote:

WHY IS CANNABIS CONSIDERED A PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG (IN THE OLYMPICS)?

Cannabis is considered to be in violation of all three main disqualifying criteria. It violates the first (performance enhancement) because of its ability to decrease anxiety and fear, and potentially to improve some types of oxygenation and concentration

Also I'm sure it's in the contract since the producers don't want to give $100,000 and the title of Inkmaster to a stoner :350:

ayb
Sep 12, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

There are many sports in which a steady hand is an asset and therefore having cannabis in your bloodstream is grounds for elimination, even though some might think pot is always something that will impair performance.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-08/fyi-why-cannabis-olympic-banned-substances-list

Also I'm sure it's in the contract since the producers don't want to give $100,000 and the title of Inkmaster to a stoner :350:

I am willing to bet it's more a liability thing for the show than anything else.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

ayb posted:

I am willing to bet it's more a liability thing for the show than anything else.

Yeah. I don't know the legality of pot in NY (that's where this is filmed I think?) but I'm pretty sure doing something illegal while on the show is basically grounds for a DQ. Still, I actually liked Josh a whole lot more this season and was hoping he would win. Really stupid move on his part since he had a really good chance at winning.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Binary Logic posted:

The factors are known, you're exclusively listing potential positives and overlooking the fact that marijauna often doesn't cancel out as much anxiety as it incites even more easily. I don't even think it's likely he smoked before challenges but in offhours when everyone would be smoking their cigs

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

DaisyDanger posted:

Yeah. I don't know the legality of pot in NY (that's where this is filmed I think?) but I'm pretty sure doing something illegal while on the show is basically grounds for a DQ. Still, I actually liked Josh a whole lot more this season and was hoping he would win. Really stupid move on his part since he had a really good chance at winning.

Pretty much this? I assume possession is illegal there and obviously a TV company cannot be ok with having someone using illegal substances while they know about it/in their property or they are asking for trouble. It just seems like freaking basic stuff and I cannot imagine why anyone would find it surprising.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DaisyDanger posted:

I think the actual house was in New Jersey, or at least the studio where they did the interview segments was if I remember correctly.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Not that Cleen's design wasn't better, but they ragged on Cris for giving them wings and a ribbon, and then Cleen gives them a bird and a ribbon and gets praised.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The human canvas jury is never not hilarious. Everyone just calling someones tattoo dogshit and the camera just calls to the guys face and he just looks like "drat."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

OmegaBR posted:

Not that Cleen's design wasn't better, but they ragged on Cris for giving them wings and a ribbon, and then Cleen gives them a bird and a ribbon and gets praised.
Don't forget the tasteful parallel between disingenuous shilling of pink ribbon corporate interests unfront, paired with an unrelated back-half where every single canvas is totally bald, rofl

The show is often at its worst when their weekly guest is an egocentric dolt who sticks around the entire episode with no merit-based justification for doing so.

Overweight Shark
Mar 18, 2009
Mark's been growing on me these last few episodes. I feel like this is definitely a show that could carry itself without all the injected drama, and sometimes that gets lost when we have Emily rehashing her same fights every week and giving some of the chiller people less screen time. For perspective, I am one of the people who comes for the trashiness and I'm saying it's been repetitive this season.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Mark has been a non-factor nearly the entire season, benefiting repeatedly from Nunez's unsubtle friendship & favortism, but no other competitor has shown any personality at all compared to when he got the skull picks 2 episodes ago. It was actually amusing on purpose, for all 70 seconds it lasted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Don't forget the tasteful parallel between disingenuous shilling of pink ribbon corporate interests unfront, paired with an unrelated back-half where every single canvas is totally bald, rofl

The show is often at its worst when their weekly guest is an egocentric dolt who sticks around the entire episode with no merit-based justification for doing so.

Next season will feature a morphine pump scrimshaw flash challenge.

There's not many easier ways to get me to hate someone than saying that they're responsible for the NFL's pink october merchandising opportunism. I did agree with him about Erik's tattoo being better than Clean's though. I thought Clean's was just a bad design that looked like Eddie in old-lady drag, while Erik gave his dude the badass, evil design he wanted, plus he pulled it off on the dude's back head & neck area that looked like it had nasty pockmarks and fatrolls.

• Locked thread