Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Shroud posted:

You misunderstood. Manchester United is going to play the part of the Washington Senators.

what the gently caress is this post ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Non-specific rumours of 'substantial US investment' floating around the liberty.

Would you want this? Swansea seem like the best run club in the league already.

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

advanced statsman posted:

what the gently caress is this post ffs

Globetrotters always played a generic team called the Washington senators.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Kiger_Soze posted:

Globetrotters always played a generic team called the Washington senators.

The Generals you mean?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Generals

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
its actually the washington generals, the senators dont exist any more.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

thompson posted:

The Generals you mean?

Crap, you're right. I remembered their name wrong.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Shroud posted:

Crap, you're right. I remembered their name wrong.

Heaven forbid you forget the name of an exhibition basketball team. You should be sacked!

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
ah yes, this is all very relevant to manchester united's current struggles

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

ah yes, this is all very relevant to manchester united's current struggles

You see, soccer is like basketball because

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
actually van gaal is like the bad guys from pokemon hahaha yeah

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

As an englishman, I have no clue what you americans are going on about. So, in Premier League (english soccer league) terms, here is how I rate the three: Nintendo: Manchester United- Were king for a while but lost their touch a few years back. Now they are getting their way back to the top. Microsoft: Chelsea- Used money to get big and are now a very big player Sony: Arsenal- Took over after Man U and reigned supreme but lost their touch recently

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Bogan Krkic posted:

As an englishman, I have no clue what you americans are going on about. So, in Premier League (english soccer league) terms, here is how I rate the three: Nintendo: Manchester United- Were king for a while but lost their touch a few years back. Now they are getting their way back to the top. Microsoft: Chelsea- Used money to get big and are now a very big player Sony: Arsenal- Took over after Man U and reigned supreme but lost their touch recently

actually, Manchester United is like Nintendo

Nintendo single handedly saves the the video games industry in the 80's

and now they are in a bad situation

Manchester United put the BPL on the world map with their 1999 treble

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

peanut- posted:

Would you want this? Swansea seem like the best run club in the league already.

It would depend on the nature of it. Investment into the current setup could be great. The resources of the current ownership are minimal relative to the position of the club now. It's well run because it has to be, there simply isn't the capital available to push on beyond what is currently happening.

Not that there isn't investment being made. There's a stadium expansion in the works (the Liberty is only 20k), and there's a decent amount of players coming in. Gomis was free and Gylfi was a swap, but Fernandez wasn't cheap for a CB.

Investment on the way towards a buyout... well we've seen how that can work out. That would worry me. But it's something that could happen. The owners stand to make a hell of a lot of money if they cash out now, and there has been a noticeable media push from the club since the league cup win.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I reported this post and I hope you get banned fuckre.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Shrapnig posted:

I reported this post and I hope you get banned fuckre.

I'm sorry to hear that, but have you considered that the game of soccer is a powerful metaphor for individuals, teams, and organizations competing in the global economy. Taking advantage of soccer's worldwide recognition as a game and language, its metaphor offers an operating framework - or model - for helping overcome the challenges associated with working globally, together they describe SOCCER as a Strategic Operating Collaboration Code for Earning Results...for Engaging Resources...and for Establishing Relationships. If you agree that collaboration represents a critical business practice for succeeding - or scoring goals - on the global business field, you will find that The Collaborator provides an innovative and practical model to help people understand what global business and leadership look like - and how employees are expected to perform in the global business economy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Make it stop!

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bogan Krkic posted:

And Man City is PC Gaming ftw. West Ham is a virtual boy.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Bogan Krkic posted:

I'm sorry to hear that, but have you considered that the game of soccer is a powerful metaphor for individuals, teams, and organizations competing in the global economy. Taking advantage of soccer's worldwide recognition as a game and language, its metaphor offers an operating framework - or model - for helping overcome the challenges associated with working globally, together they describe SOCCER as a Strategic Operating Collaboration Code for Earning Results...for Engaging Resources...and for Establishing Relationships. If you agree that collaboration represents a critical business practice for succeeding - or scoring goals - on the global business field, you will find that The Collaborator provides an innovative and practical model to help people understand what global business and leadership look like - and how employees are expected to perform in the global business economy.

Lmao is this from United's latest prospectus covering the offering of St. Tropez convertible debt or something?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Shut up with this idiotic poo poo and talk about the actual football happening in the Premier League, thanks.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

actually, Manchester United is like Nintendo

Nintendo single handedly saves the the video games industry in the 80's

Manchester United put the BPL on the world map with their 1999 treble

They're more like SEGA: hosed, dead and buried, finished.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal need to be more fit ftw.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Has Pardew been sacked yet?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Shut up with this idiotic poo poo and talk about the actual football happening in the Premier League, thanks.

Time for an October thread anyway

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

RVProfootballer posted:

Time for an October thread anyway

This is a good point, somebody make this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

Has Pardew been sacked yet?

Not till after the Swansea game ftw

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Gigi Galli posted:

This is a good point, somebody make this.

Please make the thread title "every match counts (user was probated for this post)"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

Not till after the Swansea game ftw

I remember watching when we beat you 2-0 at the Liberty stadium after having like 20% possession and now I get to watch this poo poo

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Let's use this thread to talk about things that happened in September, like Liverpool plunging down the league table faster than anyone thought possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Burqa King posted:

Let's use this thread to talk about things that happened in September, like Liverpool plunging down the league table faster than anyone thought possible

Many of us thought it very possible

EDIT: October thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669008

Earthy Ape Unit fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2014

• Locked thread