Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

"At least its just a loan" he said repeatedly rocking back and forth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

poo poo Farm posted:

You mean Andow?

lol I'd forgotten about that

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bogan Krkic posted:

lol I'd forgotten about that

It's literally the only thing to remember about his time there.

He was fat and useless but that was really funny.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm going to call them Man Utd to show how little it surprises me that said mid table club is struggling.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
According to the Daily Star Man U are paying Falcao £346k a week and I for one believe them

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Blue Star Error posted:

According to the Daily Star Man U are paying Falcao £346k a week and I for one believe them

Lmao at least he'll have a lot of money for alts

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Still less than Januzaj.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

ultrabindu posted:

Still less than Januzaj.

I'm paying £250 a month over 24 months for my jacuzzi.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Since the transfer thread is dead, I'll bold it here, even though it has nothing to do with the PL, but drat it I've got to get this off my chest!!! Young Boys' Michael Frey to Lille is a done deal. I'm kind of torn; he's clearly the brightest talent at the club and would've been hugely important this season, especially in the EL campaign - I obviously don't really like it when we sell our best players year after year. However, he's one of the greatest prospects in Swiss football and I don't think he'll develop at our shithouse club and in our shithouse league, so Lille might be good for him. If he turns out to be a world beater and scores all the goals for Wengy in a couple of years, you heard it here first. If he's poo poo (much more likely), he can always come back.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Dull lovely surely.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
As a Choke City fan I am glad with the new players we have brought in and securing Assaidi on loan for another season. Coupled with a great win away to manchester last weekend everything is looking good in the potteries!

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
I am delighted with the arrival of noted goal kicker Gargamel Falcao and look forwrad to him kicking a lot of goals, perhaps even all of them.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Ponce de Le0n posted:

"At least its just a loan" he said repeatedly rocking back and forth

if he proves his worth someone else will snap him up on the bosman

if he's poo poo then we only paid his wages

either way i reckon it's a single season and then he's gone

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Lol Aston Villa had an £8m bid accepted for Cleverely but thanks to his greed and dallying he ended up leaving on loan in the last year of his contract. Even on his way out the door he's worse than useless.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

England forward Danny Welbeck injured in training and unlikely to be risked against Norway on Wednesday

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Hardflip posted:

England forward Danny Welbeck injured in training and unlikely to be risked against Norway on Wednesday

there's no way lol

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Hardflip posted:

He's adapted to the Arsenal way very quickly.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Hardflip posted:

jesus, he picked up arsenalitis from the loving physical?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

Hardflip posted:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Hardflip posted:

Man, Arsene's special diet breaks people down fast huh

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Also I thought the BBC Sport front page was announcing this by literally saying "Welbeck Breaks" in the headline for a second, which made me do a little lol.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Wengy posted:

Since the transfer thread is dead, I'll bold it here, even though it has nothing to do with the PL, but drat it I've got to get this off my chest!!! Young Boys' Michael Frey to Lille is a done deal. I'm kind of torn; he's clearly the brightest talent at the club and would've been hugely important this season, especially in the EL campaign - I obviously don't really like it when we sell our best players year after year. However, he's one of the greatest prospects in Swiss football and I don't think he'll develop at our shithouse club and in our shithouse league, so Lille might be good for him. If he turns out to be a world beater and scores all the goals for Wengy in a couple of years, you heard it here first. If he's poo poo (much more likely), he can always come back.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wrong thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520271

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Borini is happy he stayed at Liverpool, I sort of respect that he wants to be there so much lol

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/09/liverpool-striker-hits-out-on-twitter-with-bizarre-set-of-messages/

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

Borini is happy he stayed at Liverpool, I sort of respect that he wants to be there so much lol

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2014/09/liverpool-striker-hits-out-on-twitter-with-bizarre-set-of-messages/

Being in the Champions League, you'll need more depth anyway, so it's not all bad. How far down is he in the pecking order?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Overminty posted:

Dull lovely surely.

that's a good one, i'll throw it in

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

Being in the Champions League, you'll need more depth anyway, so it's not all bad. How far down is he in the pecking order?

I think he'd definitely be 4th choice behind Sturridge, Balotelli, and Lambert.

If he's willing to fight for it, then he should fight for it. Motivated competition is good.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

pik_d posted:

for striker im assuming its sturridge, balotelli, big rick, then borini.

for wide forwards i think its sterling, coutinho, sturridge possibly if rodgers doesn't mind taking him out centrally, markovic then borini

he's got a ways to go if he wants to see games tbh but it's decent commitment, i would just hope he finds some form if he gets in which is going to be tough considering hes not playing lol

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Shrapnig posted:

I'm not sure Cleverley plays football well enough for anyone to get the best out of him.

Cleverley's problem is that he can only move if the other team have their backs to him

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Cleverley on loan is a microcosm of Aston Villa's philosophy right now. He's an average player that should do a good enough job of papering the cracks in midfield for the year while Lerner waits for a new buyer. Hopefully something re: the ownership situation develops so that we can surround Benteke with talent and resign Delph, but I'm not too optimistic

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Brony Car posted:

I think he'd definitely be 4th choice behind Sturridge, Balotelli, and Lambert.

If he's willing to fight for it, then he should fight for it. Motivated competition is good.

tbp posted:

for wide forwards i think its sterling, coutinho, sturridge possibly if rodgers doesn't mind taking him out centrally, markovic then borini

he's got a ways to go if he wants to see games tbh but it's decent commitment, i would just hope he finds some form if he gets in which is going to be tough considering hes not playing lol

Oh is he literally a striker as in he wants to play centrally? I always thought he was a wide forward/winger type player. Still, having depth doesn't hurt when you're in as many competitions as you are, and having four forwards for a 4-4-2 diamond is a good idea anyway.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

pik_d posted:

Oh is he literally a striker as in he wants to play centrally? I always thought he was a wide forward/winger type player. Still, having depth doesn't hurt when you're in as many competitions as you are, and having four forwards for a 4-4-2 diamond is a good idea anyway.

yeah its really not bad, just from what ive seen from him the drop off in quality is pretty big. liverpools relative success last season was based on an amazing attack, it's scary to think that with a few injuries we'd be playing someone who was kind of eh last season, but you are right in that it's better than nobody.

i don't have much faith in yesil either so im okay with him not seeing the pitch

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
Sunderland should be The Black Fats.

Also Borini is a more of a second-striker type (or at least he was from what I saw of him at sunderland) but there's nothing really wrong with that. Suarez played that role for periods last season didn't he? There's some crossover with your AM types, but at least he's not competing with Sturridge or Ballotelli, and if you're going to be playing with two strikers a lot, it makes sense having him there for the cups.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

tbp posted:

Lallana would be ahead of him too if he isn't going to play deeper. Realistically, Borini is 2-3 injuries away from maybe getting time as a sub, and there's no reason to start him in the league cup over someone like Wilson, Sinclair or Ojo. Is the Italian loan window still open?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Borini just wants to hang out with Mario and have a good time, can you blame him?

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
Queef Shart Mingers

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Borini looked pretty good for Sunderland and he's only 23. Rodgers wasn't playing him because he was hoping to force him out, but I think Borini's certainly in the reckoning to play out wide.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Primpod posted:

Sunderland should be The Black Fats.

Also Borini is a more of a second-striker type (or at least he was from what I saw of him at sunderland) but there's nothing really wrong with that. Suarez played that role for periods last season didn't he? There's some crossover with your AM types, but at least he's not competing with Sturridge or Ballotelli, and if you're going to be playing with two strikers a lot, it makes sense having him there for the cups.

Suarez played wherever he felt like last season, and after a while Sturridge and Sterling did too

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

tbp posted:

Your wage demands must be really outlandish if even QPR refuse to meet them

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Hardflip posted:

lol forever. No worries, though, Diaby started and finished the first half of an under-21 match a few days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

RVProfootballer posted:

lol forever. No worries, though, Diaby started and finished the first half of an under-21 match a few days ago.

Good, noted striker Abou Diaby will be like a new signing.

• Locked thread